Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Partition of linux filesystem wit meaning Post 302508885 by dhzdh on Tuesday 29th of March 2011 10:51:43 AM
Old 03-29-2011
Sorry for the late reply. If it still interests you, check out:

Partition Table Tutorial | TAJ Operating System

It contains the types of partitions and their code.

Last edited by dhzdh; 03-29-2011 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: add something.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Swap Partition

How big do I set the swap partition when i'm setting up my hard drive to install RedHat. (Using Partition Magic) thanks! primal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: primal
2 Replies

2. Linux

how to create new partition in Linux

i want to create on directory called /data under "/ " . but when i m using mkdir /data it is telling permission denied. could any one tell me how to do it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

3. Linux

How do I defragmemt a partition on Linux?

conveyed my question in short; need urgent help. -ilan (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem - rename the partition

Hi all i got this filesystem Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t600A0B80001F350A000033404A5D29D9d0s2 492G 64M 487G 1% /u10 How do i change the name for /dev/dsk/c0t600A0B80001F350A000033404A5D29D9d0s2 to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem wit the $? variable

Hi Friends, I have a problem when i run this piece of script, and do echo $? it always gives me value 0, even if the string "CCRCWebServerINSTALLDIR" is not present in that file. Why is that so, can you give me suggestion to the changes i need to make? $find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Difference between filesystem and partition

wht is major difference between filesystem & partition (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystem and partition, mountpoint

Hello All, I am new to System/plat-form administration work. Right now I am facing some issues while creating the filesystem and mounpoint. I am using Linux 6.0 SuSE 11. Last time I was used one command to partition the given space along with filesystem in SuSE 9 and it was done in GUI mode but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvkuriseti
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Linux partition with LVM

Hi, I need a suggesstion i have 2 disk if i installed OS / root partition by making Lvm in one disk and data in other disk also with the lvm, means 2 different lvms. Is making LVM partition for OS disk will the performacne will be good? Can i make 2 different lvm one is for OS and other for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahulne25
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Shrink LVM partition & create new Linux Primary partition

Hello All, I have a Red Hat Linux 5.9 Server installed with one hard disk & 2 Partitions created on it as follows, /boot - Linux Partition & another is LVM - One VG & under that 5-6 Logical volumes(var,opt,home etc). Here my requirement is to take out 1GB of space from LVM ( Any logical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Resize Linux partition

Hello., Could any one please share the informaiton about this or please point me the reference : Assume, we have the following partition after linux machine is setup, it will mention like this : bash$ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/xvda2 10G... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alnhk
3 Replies