Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX MPIO - list of supported arrays Post 302508834 by sboots on Tuesday 29th of March 2011 08:13:42 AM
Old 03-29-2011
All the storage Vendors should have their own Multipathing software, atleast the big ones. EMC uses Powerpath, Hiatchi uses HDLM, etc... I would just contact your storage vendor and see what they recommend you use.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How can I get the supported video card list by solaris 10?

How can I get the supported video card list by solaris 10 (sparc)? Could you tell me that which video card was supported by solaris 10? I need all kinds of video card supported by solaris 10? I find a lot of documents,but I didn't get what I want... ... Could you help me? Thank you very much. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jg159993
1 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Is mailing list supported.

Sir. I am intrested in joining of this forum. I want to know that is "Mailing List" is supported to send a query or not. Please reply. Rgds Sanju kumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanju Kumar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX MPIO and EMC

We are looking at running MPIO for it's redundancy and load balancing benefits. Does anyone know what pieces of software or modules are needed on the VIO server to get load balancing to work. Remember we are using EMC's DMX3500 storage system. We no longer want to use Powerpath. :rolleyes: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vxg0wa3
2 Replies

4. Solaris

List of SNMP Traps supported by Solaris 10

Hi, I want the list of SNMP traps supported by Solaris 10. DO anyone has the list prepared. Regards, Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grrajeish
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of arrays in ksh?

Hi all, In a loop, i am creating an array of integer and adding it to another array that hold arrays // psuedo code pttrnArray=$type$data // This is array of integers. pttrnArrays=${pttrnArray} // This is supposed to be array of arrays. But when i print pttrnArrays, i get only the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know the list of all commands supported by unix ?

how to know the list of all commands supported by unix. how to know the list of functions supported by unix. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
4 Replies

7. AIX

MPIO Driver

On a particular LPAR, I was running AIX 5.3 TL 3. On Monday I did an update of the LPAR to 5.3 TL 9 SP2. The install was smooth, but then I ran into a problem. The MPIO driver does not work with LSI's StoreAge (SVM4). I did some looking, and looks like 5.3 TL3 = IBM.MPIO 5.3.0.30 5.3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: clking
0 Replies

8. AIX

MPIO reliability

Hi, we have a vew boxes using MPIO and they are connected to some virtualization software managing some disk subsystems, offering volumes to the AIX boxes. Sometimes when a cable has been plugged out for a test or when a real problem occurs, using lspath to show the state of the paths shows... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
8 Replies

9. Programming

question about int arrays and file pointer arrays

if i declare both but don't input any variables what values will the int array and file pointer array have on default, and if i want to reset any of the elements of both arrays to default, should i just set it to 0 or NULL or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

10. AIX

DISK and MPIO

Hello, I have some concerns over the disk management of my AIX system. For example server1 / > lspv hdisk0 00fa6d1288c820aa rootvg active hdisk1 00fa6d1288c8213c vg_2 active hdisk2 00c1cc14d6de272b ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
6 Replies
xpainfo(3)							SAORD Documentation							xpainfo(3)

NAME
XPAInfo - send short message to one or more XPA servers SYNOPSIS
#include <xpa.h> int XPAInfo(XPA xpa, char *template, char *paramlist, char *mode, char **names, char **messages, int n); DESCRIPTION
Send a short paramlist message to one or more XPA servers whose class:name identifier matches the specified template. A template of the form "class1:name1" is sent to the XPA name server, which returns a list of at most n matching XPA servers. A connection is established with each of these servers and the paramlist string is passed to the server as the data transfer request is initiated. If an XPA struct is passed to the call, then the persistent connections are updated as described above. Otherwise, temporary connections are made to the servers (which will be closed when the call completes). The XPAInfo() routine does not send data from a buf to the XPA servers. Only the paramlist is sent. The semantics of the paramlist is not formalized, but at a minimum is should tell the server how to get more information. For example, it might contain the class:name of the XPA access point from which the server (acting as a client) can obtain more info using XPAGet. A string containing the class:name and ip:port of each server is returned in the name array. If a given server returned an error or the server callback sends a message back to the client, then the message will be stored in the associated element of the messages array. The returned message string will be of the form: XPA$ERROR error-message (class:name ip:port) or XPA$MESSAGE message (class:name ip:port) The return value will contain the actual number of servers that were processed. This value thus will hold the number of valid entries in the names and messages arrays, and can be used to loop through these arrays. In names and/or messages is NULL, no information is passed back in that array. The following keywords are recognized: key value default explanation ------ -------- -------- ----------- ack true/false true if false, don't wait for ack from server When ack is false, XPAInfo() will not wait for an error return from the XPA server. This means, in effect, that XPAInfo will send its paramlist string to the XPA server and then exit: no information will be sent from the server to the client. This UDP-like behavior is essential to avoid race conditions in cases where XPA servers are sending info messages to other servers. If two servers try to send each other an info message at the same time and then wait for an ack, a race condition will result and one or both will time out. Example - (void)XPAInfo(NULL, "IMAGE", "ds9 image", NULL, NULL, NULL, 0); SEE ALSO
See xpa(7) for a list of XPA help pages version 2.1.14 June 7, 2012 xpainfo(3)