Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to remove some value in CSV file Post 302508765 by yash1978 on Tuesday 29th of March 2011 03:54:23 AM
Old 03-29-2011
Need to remove some value in CSV file

Hi All

A .csv file containing multiple value on it. i need to remove some value from it. Please advise how can i find multiple value from that and remove itself. Please provide solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text from a csv file using sed

I am trying to remove the ita from this file: "1234ita","john","smith" "56789ita","jim","thomas" the command i am using is: sed '/^ita/d' infile.csv > outfile.csv it is running but doing nothing, very rarely use sed so trying to learn it any help would be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate commas after exporting excel file to csv

Hello everyone I'm new here and this is my first post so first of all I want to say that this is a great forum and I have managed to found most of my answers in these forums : ) So with that I ask you my first question: I have an excel file which I saved as a csv. However the excel file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spunkerspawn
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove Blank rows in a csv file

Hi, I need help to remove blank rows at the end of file. Sample data: "Oslo, Symra kino",Oslo,130-7,Symra 1,130-7-91 "Tønsberg, Brygga Kino SF",Tønsberg,202-1,Tønsberg SF 4,202-1-4 ,,,, ,,,, ,,,, ,,,, Expected data: "Oslo, Symra kino",Oslo,130-7,Symra 1,130-7-91 "Tønsberg, Brygga... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove line break in a csv file

Hi Experts, My requirement is to read the csv file and need to remove if any line break in it. sample data: Row1: "Oslo, Symra kino",Oslo,130-7,Symra 1,130-7-91 Row2:"Tønsberg, Brygga Kino SF",Tønsberg,202-1, Tønsberg SF 4,202-1-4 Expected data: Row1: "Oslo, Symra... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line feed from csv file column

Hi All, My requirement is to remove line (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line feed from csv file column

Hi All, i have a csv file . In the 7th column i have data that has line feed in it. Requirement is to remove the line feed from the 7th column whenever it appears There are 11 columns in the file C1,C2,C3,C4,C5,C6,C7,C8,C9,C10,C11 The value in C7 contains line feed ( Alt + Enter ),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line breaks in csv file using shell script

Hi All, I've a csv file in which the record is getting break into 1 line or more than one line. I want to combine those splits into one line and remove the unwanted character existing in the record i.e. double quote symbol ("). The line gets break only when the record contains double... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajak.net
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove space and delimit a csv file?

Hi All , I am facing a small challenge i need unix command to remove space as well as replace "|" to "," in a csv file . original file : A | B | c | D E | F | G | H I | J | K | L P | M | N | O Expected o/p: A,B,c,D E,F,G,H I,J,K,L P,M,N,O (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sweety532
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the leading and trailing date from a CSV file

I'm a newbie to shell scripting. Can anyone help with the below requirement ? The leading and trailing date of a files to be removed. 2017-07-12_gmr_tag_log_20170711.csv 2017-07-12_gmr_call_log_20170711.csv 2017-07-12_gmr_outgoing_log_20170711.csv I'm looking for output like... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivamayam
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file?

how to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file Input file format "Server1","server-PRI-Windows","PRI-VC01","Microsoft Windows Server 2012, (64-bit)","Powered On","1,696.12","server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R013,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R031,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R023"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
5 Replies
remove group(1m)														  remove group(1m)

NAME
remove group - Removes all group members and the group from the specified name service entry SYNOPSIS
rpccp remove group group-entry-name [-s syntax] OPTIONS
Indicates the name syntax of the entry name (optional). The only value for this option is the dce name syntax, which is the default name syntax. Until an alternative name syntax becomes available, specifying the -s option is unnecessary. ARGUMENTS
Indicates the name of the target group. For an entry in the local cell, you can omit the cell name and specify only the cell-relative name. DESCRIPTION
The remove group command removes a group from the name service database. The group need not be empty. The entry name of the group is required. Privilege Required You need write permission to the CDS object entry (the target group entry). NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following commands run RPCCP and remove the group from the name service entry /.:/LandS/anthro/Calendar_group: $ rpccp rpccp> remove group /.:/LandS/anthro/Calendar_group RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: add member(1m), remove member(1m), show group(1m) remove group(1m)