Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed (parsing value)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed (parsing value) Post 302508607 by BeefStu on Monday 28th of March 2011 01:56:43 PM
Old 03-28-2011
ctsgnb if there were another thumbs up button I would give it to you too. Thanks for your eloquent solution.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script parsing with sed

#I'm quite new to scripting and my boss has asked me to solve a simple problem and sadly, I can't figure out how to do it. Any help is appreciated. :confused: #The following is a small shell script and the output that it produces for google.com. #!/bin/sh whois $1 | grep "Name Server"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjamd64
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed parsing

hi , i would like to parse some file with the fallowing data : data data data "unwanted data" data data "unwanted data" data data data data #unwanted data. what i want it to have any coments between "" and after # to be erased using awk or/and sed. has anyone an idea? thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darsh
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed parsing error

I'm having a problem with a sed script. A programmer needs to change columns 942,943,944 to blank spaces only where it has the number 999 in every line. I didn't have a copy of the data file to test with originally so made my own up with a bunch of x's and put 999 in columns 5-7. The sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravy26
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed selective data parsing

i have file in the following format *RECORD* *FIELD NO* 123456 *FIELD TX* this is a sample entry *FIELD SA* See Also *FIELD RF* References *FIELD CS* Clinical Symptoms *FIELD AV* Allelic Variants *FIELD EH* Edit History *RECORD* *FIELD NO* 123456 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dunstonrocks
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing with awk or sed

I want to delete corrupt records from a file through awk or sed. Can anyone help me with this Thanks Striker Change subject to a descriptive one, ty. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul_us
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing cron with sed

Hello I want to convert my cron list into a csv Can you please help me with sed ? eg: Convert #06,21,36,51 * * 1,2 * (. ~/.profile ; timex /some/path/script -30 -15) >> /some/path/logfile2 2>&1 * * * * * (. ~/.profile ; timex /some/path/script2) > /some/path/logfile2 To:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed special parsing

What is the shortest & right way to remove the string "" with a sed statement ? echo 'whateverwhatever' | sed ........ ? :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctsgnb
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SED] Parsing to get a single value

Hello guys, I guess you are fed up with sed command and parse questions, but after a while researching the forum, I could not get an answer to my doubt. I know it must be easy done with sed command, but unfortunately, I never get right syntax of this command OK, this is what I have in my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manolain
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed or Grep Parsing

I would like to parse two strings from lines in a file only when both strings appear on the same line. For example, if I have the following line: string1 string2 string3 string4 string5 string6 string7 string8 string9 I would like the output to be: string2: string7 Can someone give me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ARBlue79
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing via sed issue

sorry I messed up the last post with too many mistakes and corrections so I closed it and opening a new one which should be clear to everyone .my apologies to the admins. I am using sun solaris and Linux , what I want is SED to print any string (or output it to a file preferably) that does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boncuk
2 Replies
glutSpaceballButtonFunc(3GLUT)					       GLUT					    glutSpaceballButtonFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutSpaceballButtonFunc - sets the Spaceball button callback for the current window. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutSpaceballButtonFunc(void (*func)(int button, int state)); ARGUMENTS
func The new spaceball button callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutSpaceballButtonFunc sets the Spaceball button callback for the current window. The Spaceball button callback for a window is called when the window has Spaceball input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates Spaceball button presses. The button parameter will be the button number (starting at one). The number of available Spaceball buttons can be determined with glutDe- viceGet(GLUT_NUM_SPACEBALL_BUTTONS). The state is either GLUT_UP or GLUT_DOWN indicating whether the callback was due to a release or press respectively. Registering a Spaceball button callback when a Spaceball device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no Space- ball button callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutSpaceballButtonFunc disables the generation of Spaceball button callbacks. When a new window is created, no Spaceball button callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutSpaceballMotionFunc, glutSpaceballRotateFunc, glutMouseFunc, glutButtonBoxFunc, glutTabletButtonFunc, glutJoystickFunc, glutDeviceGet AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutSpaceballButtonFunc(3GLUT)