Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk: setting decimal
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk: setting decimal Post 302508470 by rpf on Monday 28th of March 2011 08:33:21 AM
Old 03-28-2011
hi scottn thank you for your quick reply. My last question is that

for two variable, following line does not work
Code:
awk -v varc="$i"  '{ a1new=($1*varc); a2new=($2*varc)} { printf "%.9f\n, a1new" "a2new " }'

what is wrong ?

Last edited by Scott; 03-28-2011 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

awk/nawk returning decimal values?

Hi Running a specific nawk statement over a 17m lines files returns the following: /bin/nawk: not enough args in ..... input record number 1,25955e+06, file test.1 source line number 1 I'd like to report the line number (in bold above) in decimal not floating so that i can spot it out. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moutaye
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/nawk returning decimal values?

Hi Running a specific nawk statement over a 17m lines files returns the following: /bin/nawk: not enough args in ..... input record number 1,25955e+06, file test.1 source line number 1 I'd like to report the line number (in bold above) in decimal not floating so that i can spot it out. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moutaye
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Four decimal places with awk

i have a script in which awk prints "($2-1700)/10000" and the answer is -0.07,but i want the answer in 4 decimal places. that is -0.0700. How can i sue awk to get my results in four decimal places (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk for scientific notion and decimal combined data

Dea all, I have a question. I have a column of numbers with scientific notion and decimal combined data. I want to print it only if the number <0.05 using awk. however the very small numbers with scientific notion is not selected. Do any one know how to solve it? Thanks! example as below: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to strip out decimal point and trailing integers

Hey guys, I've got an awk string that does a simple calculation which works well. However, I'd really like to be able to strip the decimal point and the trailing ints from it - any ideas on how I'd change the awk string to be able to do that ? I've changed it countless times and each time it... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbob01
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - Summation in Proper decimal Format

Hi I am executing below command to do summation on 46th coloumn. cat File1| awk -F"|" '{p += $46} END { printf"Column Name | SUM | " p}' I am getting output as Column Name | SUM | 1.01139e+10 Here I want output in Proper decimal format. Can someone tell me what change is required for same? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanranad
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk decimal point numbers matching

Hi All, Can some one help me in identifying the significance of character "$" ,Which is playing critical role in matching decimal point numbers as below. $ echo "01#.01"|awk '{if ($0 ~ /^+(\.*)?$/) print}' $ echo "01#.01"|awk '{if ($0 ~ /^+(\.*)?/) print}' 01#.01 $ Regards, Rmkganesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmkganesh
3 Replies

8. Programming

Urgent help needed.. C++ program to convert decimal to hexa decimal

Hi , seq can be 0...128 int windex = seq / 8; int bindex = seq % 8; unsigned char bitvalue = '\x01' << (7-bindex) ; bpv.bitmapvalue = bitvalue; This is the part of a program to convert decimal to bitmap value of hexadecimal. I want this to change to convert only to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set decimal place in awk?

Dear all, I have a data test.txt as below. X22.30799720_T cg03868770 -0.5645412582127 2.4084685750406e-175 X22.30781182_A cg03868770 -0.5620426397492 3.5818034129169e-172 X22.30780724_C cg03868770 -0.5616890165605 2.9765569717858e-168 what I want is: X22.30799720_T cg03868770... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hexdecimal to Decimal in Solaris awk

Hi there, i want to use this Linux-script on a Solaris System to check the fragmentation Level of ZFS-DataSets: #!/bin/sh zdb -ddddd ${1} | awk --non-decimal-data \ ' /Indirect blocks/ { file_number++; next_block = 0; } /L0/ { split($3, fields, ":"); this_block =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ragesm
10 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Question(3)