Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SunOS: How to exclude directory in find command? Post 302508401 by saps19 on Monday 28th of March 2011 04:15:57 AM
Old 03-28-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgkmal
Hi saps19,

An option could be:

Code:
find . -name "*.tar" | nawk '!/\.\/country111/'

Regards

It works perfectly...

U Rock!Smilie

Thanks,
Sap.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i exclude the current directory when using find?

i want to compile a list of files in all sub directories but exclude the current directory. the closest i could get was to search 'only' the current directory, which is the opposite of what i wanted. find . ! -name . -prune (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjays
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exclude top level directory with find?

I'm using bash on cygwin/windows. I'm trying to use find and exclude the directory /cygdrive/c/System\ Volume\ Information. When I try to use the command below I get the error "rm: cannot remove `/cygdrive/c/System Volume Information': Is a directory. Can someone tell me what I am doing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command to exclude directories

Howdy I have this directory structure ... eep eepaptest eepfatest eepgltest eep.old eeppoptest ehf ehfaptest ehfgltest ehp ehpgltest I want to find files in these directories, but I want to exclude eep, ehf & ehp. Cany anyone help with the correct command ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmurfGGM
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Find command to exclude sub-directories

Hi Forum. I'm trying to write a script that finds and deletes files that are older than 300 days. The script will read a table that contains the following 3 columns: 1st col: “Y” means sub-directory scan; "N" means no subdirectory scan 2nd col: sub-directory location 3rd col: File prefix... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude a directory in 'find'

Hi, I'm in the process of writing a shell script which will be ran under cron hourly and will check for files of specific age in my ftp folder, then moves those over inside a folder called "old" (which is within the ftp dir). But, I'm unable to figure out how to exclude the "old" folder when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutex1
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command with exclude

I had a Shell script that removes the files that are in a directory older than the specified days. find /test/files -mtime +10 I would like to add another condition to the find command above that is to exclude any file starting with ‘CGU' Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: db2dbac
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command to exclude files with no extension

The below 'ls' command will list down files with extensions and suppress the ones with no extension ls |grep "\\." But this dosen't work when I apply the same logic using 'find' command find . -type f |grep "\\." I need help on how this logic can be implemented using 'find' command (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meenavin
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cmd find: exclude directory when using option -depth

hello, i want to use "-depth" in command "find" and want to exclude a directory. the find command should work in HP-UX and Linux. i see in the find man page: -prune If -depth is not given, true; do not descend the current directory. If -depth is given, false; no effect. -depth... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-To Exclude Directory in find command

How can i tweak the below find command to exclude directory/s -> "/tmp/logs" find . -type f \( ! -name "*.log*" ! -name "*.jar*" \) -printNote: -path option/argument does not work with the version of find that i have. bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26 sun4v sparc sun4v (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude directories in FIND command

Can you please help tweak the below command to exclude all directories with the name "logs" and "tmp" find . -type f \( ! -name "*.tar*" ! -name "*.bkp*" \) -exec /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -i "user_1" /dev/null {} + >result.out bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26 sun4v sparc sun4v... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)