Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help With spell checking
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Help With spell checking Post 302508381 by nancyparrishnrs on Monday 28th of March 2011 03:25:58 AM
Old 03-28-2011
Payroll Solutions

First of all, you make a common mistake: getchar() returns an int and not a char.
-------
Nancy

---------- Post updated at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:19 AM ----------

I hope this gets the job done Just a quick summary: First we check for delimiters.
-----
Nancy

---------- Post updated at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:20 AM ----------

sorry for the late response but letters.h and letters.c are created and the chrutil.
------
Nancy

---------- Post updated at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:20 AM ----------

sorry for the late response but letters.h and letters.c are created and the chrutil.
--------
Nancy

---------- Post updated at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:21 AM ----------

---------- Post updated at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:21 AM ----------

Sorry i reread the hw and misunderstood it that the only file i should include are only letters.h and letters.c, so i am moving prototype i need from chrutil.h and chrutil.c to letters.h and letters.c.
-------
Nancy

---------- Post updated at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:23 AM ----------

Sorry i reread the hw and misunderstood it that the only file i should include are only letters.h and letters.c, so i am moving prototype i need from chrutil.h and chrutil.c to letters.h and letters.c.
-------
Nancy

---------- Post updated at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:24 AM ----------

-------
Nancy

---------- Post updated at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:24 AM ----------

-------
Nancy

-------
Nancy

---------- Post updated at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:24 AM ----------

-------
Nancy
Payroll Solutions
This User Gave Thanks to nancyparrishnrs For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Spell Check

Administrator/Moderators, I would like to put forth a request rather a suggestion in other words. How about the inclusion of 'SPELL CHECK' tool along with existing submit reply and preview post tools? I believe that would be very much helpful in understanding questions clearly deprived of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

spell

Hi, I found the following line in a shell script. $spell -a < $filename | \ grep -v '@(#)' | sed "s/\'//g" | \ awk '{ if (length($0) > 15 && length($2) > 2) print $2 }' | \ grep -vif $okaywords | \ grep ']' | grep -v ']' | sort -u | \ sed 's/^/ /' > $tempout can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

spell check

# cat wrong.txt thiis is going to be wrong words containing file # aspell list < wrong.txt thiis I want to check only one word and see the first suggestions ("this" in this case). something like... aspell list --one-word thiis --suggest (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

spell check program

hi, i need to write a spell check program in bash to find all possible spelling errors in a file or a number of files taken as input using usr/dict/words. whenever the program encounters a spelling error, it must state the line number at which the incorrect spelling has occured and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kratos.
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spell Check

I have this assignment and I am not sure how to start it, I am new any help will be appreciated.... (BASH) Let us say a test is conducted to assess the typing speed for applicants. We need to count # of correctly spelled words and penalize for incorrectly spelled words. score = (# of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shilling
1 Replies

6. Debian

Getting a better spell checker

Guys I am new to Linux in general and want to know what is the use of the following files-: /usr/share/dict/words /usr/share/dict/words.pre-dictionaries-common Are they used by the spell checker to find potential typos ? If so are there any better larger word lists out there ? I am sure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
2 Replies