Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Running Executable in Bash Script Post 302508364 by pkabali on Monday 28th of March 2011 02:25:20 AM
Old 03-28-2011
`command`

Maybe I missed it but I didnt see a statement to actually run anything?

is this it?
Code:
echo ./sorter $NUM? >> outputfile

if yes then you have to do the following to actually run the sorter
Code:
`./sorter $NUM`>> outputfile

Last edited by Scott; 03-28-2011 at 03:30 AM.. Reason: Code tags
This User Gave Thanks to pkabali For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Running an executable file

I've created a c program and compiled it with gcc, in unix. The file name is abc.c and it is run by typing the command ./abc I have another program which creates a child process, and I need this abc program to run on that child process. I've tried execvp(), but it doesn't work. How can I run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdsd
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a Script/Executable From Within a Script

Hello, I am new to Unix. I am trying to run a shell script (1node.sh) from within a Bash script that I created. I get the following error: command not foundh: line 30: 1node.sh I used Crimson Editor to make the Bash script. The weird thing is that 1node.sh will execute if I type 1node.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: modey3
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a script (Bash, KornShell, etc.) executable by mouse clicking?

Hello everybody, Is there any way to make a script (Bash, KornShell, etc.) executable by mouse clicking? For example you have a file myscript.sh, you run: $ chmod u+x myscript.sh Therefore it becomes executable and all you need is to run from the terminal: $./myscript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running command prompt executable file in shell script

hi i have file extentioned with test.vbs. i am able to run this file n execute through command promt but i dont know how to run in shell script example: file name is test.vbs which contains strSoundFile = "C:\windows\Media\Notify.wav" Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell") strCommand... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: atl@mav
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem running executable with ./

Hey all, I'm trying to execute a program and despite it appearing to be there, I keep getting this: -bash: ./aisdispatcher: No such file or directoryTo run it, I'm going into the directory where it is stored and running ./aisdispatcher...the result of which should just be a listing of options... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmd006
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to produce a executable Oracle script from bash script?

Hi here's my code ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus /nolog <<!EOF --step 5 create db script start set feedback off set heading off set echo off conn / as sysdba spool ${ORACLE_SID}_db_link.sql SELECT 'CREATE '||DECODE(U.NAME,'PUBLIC','public ')||'DATABASE LINK '||CHR(10)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running an executable from bash prompt

Hi, I'm trying to run a program from the bash prompt and I don't understand why it is returning with an error. Dig is my C program, and it takes in parameters J4, detect, 3 and 0182F98E var1="cygdrive/c/2i/test fixture/software/mccdaqtest/debug/Dig J4 detect 3 0182F98E" when I do ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oahmad
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create an executable bash script for these commands?

I wish to create an executable bash script that will run the following commands as root, that is, using sudo su iptables-save | awk '/^ / { print $1 } /^:+ / { print $1 " ACCEPT" ; } /COMMIT/ { print $0; }' | iptables-restoreMy first attempt at bash... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thixeqi
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making bash script allways executable when transfer ?

Does it possible to make some bash script automatic to be a executable when transfered to another pc...? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script make itself executable

Is there a way to make this make itself executable? Thanks. :-) cat > somescript.sh << \EOF #!/bin/bash block_count=$(sudo tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 | awk '/^Block count:/ {print $NF}') reserved_block_count=$(sudo tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 | awk '/^Reserved block count:/ {print $NF}') perl -e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
4 Replies
gst-complete-0.8(1)						   User Commands					       gst-complete-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-complete-0.8, gst-complete - perform bash completion for gst-launch command lines SYNOPSIS
complete -Cgst-complete-0.8 gst-launch gst-complete [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print] DESCRIPTION
gst-complete-0.8 enables bash to provide context-sensitive tab completion for gst-launch command lines. See gst-launch(1) for the syntax of gst-launch command lines. You must have a version of bash that supports programmable completion. Such versions of bash provide the complete built-in command. gst-complete is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X. For example, if both gst-complete-0.7 and gst- complete-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-complete runs gst-complete-0.8. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-complete-0.8 and gst-complete: --help Display detailed usage message. You can also use -? to specify this option. The following options are supported by gst-complete only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating the Registry of Available Plugins by Running gst-compprep Run the following command in your .bash_profile or other appropriate place: example% complete -C gst-complete-0.8 gst-launch Example 2: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name example% gst-complete --print /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.8 FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.Executable for bash completion for gst-launch /usr/bin/gst-complete Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-complete-0.8(1)