Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Edit csv file with bash
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Edit csv file with bash Post 302508351 by locoroco on Monday 28th of March 2011 01:31:43 AM
Old 03-28-2011
thanks

thank you, it works!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to edit particular cell of csv file using shell script

I have one csv file and in that I want update particular cell. I know the row and coloumn number for that respective. Please help me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepak_p86
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to modify csv-file with bash script

Hi Guys, I need to write a script, that exports the "moz_places" table of the "places.sqlite"-file (firefox browser history) into a csv-file. That part works. After the export, my csv looks like this: ... 4429;http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite.html;"Command Line Shell For... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebi0815
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit csv file

I'm trying to replace the content of cell 4A a csv file with another value. The code itself is successful, but when I try to save the newly changed file content into the old file, it doesn't work: awk -F"," 'NR==4{$1="\"newcontent\","$3}1' test.csv | sed 's/ //g' > test.csv It works only if I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert sql output to csv file via bash tools

hi Can anybody help me with converting such structure into csv file for windows : BAT_ID ID_num CVS_LINE A_SEG SKILL_TO A_CUSTOMER_TYPE --------- ---------- --------------------------------- ---------- ------------------ ----------- 14-MAY-11 777752 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvok
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file in bash

how to I use IFS to read 2 files (csv) and run the followiung script ./naviseccli -h 1.2.3.4 storagegroup -addhlu -gname $hostname -hlu $hlu_num -alu $alu_num the csv file for $hostname is host1 host2 . . . for hlu and alu its alu,hlu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdubb123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script help - removing certain rows from .csv file

Hello Everyone, I am trying to find a way to take a .csv file with 7 columns and a ton of rows (over 600,000) and remove the entire row if the cell in forth column is blank. Just to give you a little background on why I am doing this (just in case there is an easier way), I am pulling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrTuxor
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - add/edit to file and save - sed?

I'm working on a script to execute a number of items. One being, editing particular files to add certain lines. I'm attempting to utilize sed, but, having issues when running from a bash script. Assistance is greatly appreciated. My example: sed -i '14 i\ # add these lines add these lines to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
5 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

GUI to edit and control csv file

Hello, I manage an application with a lot of parameter files under a csv format. I'm looking for a GUI to allow users to edit those files without breaking them. I would like an admin access to define the format of the files (number of columns, format of each column, list of value possible...).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maturix
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] - Replace blank and string in csv file

Hi all, i have a .csv file with only two columns, like: Login;Status Luca;S Marco; Stefano; Elettra;S Laura; ... I need to replace the blank space on Status column whit Enabled end, on the same column, S whit Disabled, like: Login;Status Luca;Disabled Marco;Enabled Stefano;Enabled... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamose
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - make csv file

Hello, im trying to make csv file from a text file that it is the output of pssh command (multiple ssh ) now if i run the command date on all of our servers: i get this output : 14:02:46 192.168.25.230:22 Thu Jul 6 14:02:46 EEST 2017 192.168.70.230: Thu Jul 6 12:02:46 BST 2017 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: batchenr
1 Replies
AIC(4)							 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						    AIC(4)

NAME
aic -- Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 SCSI driver SYNOPSIS
device aic In /boot/device.hints: hint.aic.0.at="isa" DESCRIPTION
The aic driver provides support for the Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 SCSI controller chips. Many systems that use these controller chips do not have a boot ROM and therefore cannot be booted from. HARDWARE
The adapters supported by the aic driver include: o Adaptec AHA-1505 (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1510A, AHA-1510B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1520A, AHA-1520B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1522A, AHA-1522B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1535 (ISA) o Creative Labs SoundBlaster SCSI host adapter (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1460, AHA-1460B, AHA-1460C, AHA-1460D (PC Card) o Adaptec AHA-1030B, AHA-1030P (PC98) o NEC PC-9801-100 (PC98) SEE ALSO
aha(4), ahb(4), ahc(4), cd(4), ch(4), da(4), intro(4), sa(4) BUGS
The driver does not work well with multiple devices on the SCSI bus. The driver works well with devices like CDROMs and Tape drives. The driver works not so well with disk drives. The PC Card version appears to work better than the ISA version, but that may be due to differing levels of testing of the devices. BSD
November 8, 2003 BSD