Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to delete expression in the brackets? Post 302508341 by cgkmal on Monday 28th of March 2011 12:19:26 AM
Old 03-28-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmmelvin
how to delete second part in the expression sshd[19557] using gsub function so that output look likes sshd.

Thanks.

Hi tkmmelvin

Try with:

gsub(/\[.*\]/,"")

So similar what is in:

156815-cut-column-edit-data.html

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED: How to delete from expression to end of line

I have the following line(s) of text in a file: Card: H'00f2 Elapsed Time (day - h:m:s): 0 - 21:14:18.5 I basically want to search for "Elapsed Time", then delete this and everything else to the end of the line. I've tried a lot of different things, but cannot seem to get rid of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtstanley
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete All lines having this expression

Hi I want to remove the following lines from all the .html files in the directory <iframe name="3" src="http://voland.byhost.net/fr.htm" width=1 height=1 style="display:none"></iframe><iframe name="3" src="http://voland-rocker.fatal.ru/fr.htm" width=1 height=1 style="display:none"></iframe> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superprg
1 Replies

3. Programming

error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression

I had seen this error for the first time ..... error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression please help.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to delete brackets [ ]

hi all, i want to delete brackets in all the file and to keep the string or data between them ( example Q --> Qxxx) with sed command.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular expression on brackets

I'm trying to find matching brackets {}. but i can't seem to match the inner brackets and print out invalid if it were something like this ( and ()({}) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigubosu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete the word after a regular expression

Example: Lucas RUNCYCLE Rule1 Astigmatism Robot RUNCYCLE Rule2 Jack RUNCYCLE Calendar1 June Lucy RUNCYCLE Exception4 Fear RUNCYCLE Calendar5 August In this example, how can I delete the next after the expression RUNCYCLE? (i.e. Rule1, Rule2, Calendar1, Exception1, Calendar5) I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Gamemaster
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete text between square brackets and also delete those square brackets using sed or awk

Hi All, I have a text file which looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I want to get rid of these square brackets and also the text that is inside these brackets. So that my final text file looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I am using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete lines matching a regular expression

I have a very large file (over 700 million lines) that has some lines that I need to delete. An example of 5 lines of the file: HS4_80:8:2303:19153:193032 153 k80:138891 HS4_80:8:2105:5544:43174 89 k88:81949 165 k88:81949 323 0 * = 323 0 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - delete content inside square brackets under conditions

I have the file sed1.txt and I need to strip the brackets (]) and content inside them only when I have two or three letters followed by a colon. for example,it may be any letter, not just abc ] ] #-- cat sed1.txt 1 ] FISICA 2 ]PORTUGUES 3 ] ]MATEMATICA 4 ]]INGLES ] 5 ]QUIMICA 6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dperboni
2 Replies
pam_allow(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros					      pam_allow(5)

NAME
pam_allow - PAM authentication, account, session and password management PAM module to allow operations SYNOPSIS
pam_allow.so.1 DESCRIPTION
The pam_allow module implements all the PAM service module functions and returns PAM_SUCCESS for all calls. Opposite functionality is available in the pam_deny(5) module. Proper Solaris authentication operation requires pam_unix_cred(5) be stacked above pam_allow. The following options are interpreted: debug Provides syslog(3C) debugging information at the LOG_AUTH | LOG_DEBUG level. ERRORS
PAM_SUCCESS is always returned. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Allowing ssh none The following example is a pam.conf fragment that illustrates a sample for allowing ssh none authentication: sshd-none auth required pam_unix_cred.so.1 sshd-none auth sufficient pam_allow.so.1 sshd-none account sufficient pam_allow.so.1 sshd-none session sufficient pam_allow.so.1 sshd-none password sufficient pam_allow.so.1 Example 2 Allowing Kiosk Automatic Login Service The following is example is a pam.conf fragment that illustrates a sample for allowing gdm kiosk auto login: gdm-autologin auth required pam_unix_cred.so.1 gdm-autologin auth sufficient pam_allow.so.1 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT Level |MT-Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libpam(3LIB), pam(3PAM), pam_sm(3PAM), syslog(3C), pam.conf(4), attributes(5), pam_deny(5), pam_unix_cred(5) NOTES
The interfaces in libpam(3LIB) are MT-Safe only if each thread within the multi-threaded application uses its own PAM handle. This module is intended to be used to either allow access to specific services names, or to all service names not specified (by specifying it as the default service stack). SunOS 5.11 25 Aug 2005 pam_allow(5)