Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Recovery of formatted ext3 partition Post 302508282 by Yogesh Sawant on Sunday 27th of March 2011 01:12:28 PM
Old 03-27-2011
i'm posting too late, but if you still have that disk, try this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting an Ext3 partition...

I'm trying to delete my red hat partitions so I can restructure my computer's hard drive. I want to delete the Boot, /, and Swapspace partitions so I can rearrange my drive and install some other systems. In partition magic when I attempt to delete the Ext3 partitions, it reads as not being able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djtrippin
4 Replies

2. Solaris

recovery partition table from fdisk?

I have two disks on a sun blade 100. I just installed a solaris8 on the first disk. The installation was successful. But the problem is now I lost all data / partition on my second hard disk. The possible reason could be: 1. I used default web start install. During the installation I didn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: motor98
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatted Linux partition from Windows

While working in windows, I accidently formatted the Linux partition (I had fedora core 3 dual boot system with Windows XP as the default OS to boot). Now, on starting the comp, I see a grub command line, and I am not able to make any progress from there. Can I do something so that I change it to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amangupta
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition?

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition? The manual information at http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/manual/parted.html is good, but I am sure about how I mount the partition afterwards. Thanks, --Todd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtp51
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Making a "Recovery Partition" ??

Hiya people.. I was hoping some expert here would share with me some details as I like to make a "System Recovery Partition" on a external drive. I use my MacBookPro on the road all the time and in the past it's known to happen, and often it happens at the worst time. So, my question is: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akira
0 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

umount(ing) LVM ext3 partition problem

I am using RHEL4 OS and the problem i have is that when i try to umount an LVM implemented partition after checking the properties of the mounted folder it gives the error of device busy . things iam not doing : iam not in the mounted woulder either by shell or by GUI. thing iam not trying do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tahir Saleh
4 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Problem with ext3 partition

I accidentally deleted one of my ext3 partitions from Windows XP. However, since I did not make new partitions over it, or format that area, I guess my data is safe. So I made a new partition with the same cylinder boundary values using fdisk (in Linux). But I cannot access my old data on that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digjam
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux EXT3 superblock recovery

Is there a way to recover or rebuild the superblock of an ext3 filesystem with out loosing data? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lochraven
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Shrink LVM partition & create new Linux Primary partition

Hello All, I have a Red Hat Linux 5.9 Server installed with one hard disk & 2 Partitions created on it as follows, /boot - Linux Partition & another is LVM - One VG & under that 5-6 Logical volumes(var,opt,home etc). Here my requirement is to take out 1GB of space from LVM ( Any logical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
5 Replies

10. Gentoo

Data recovery of formatted external HDD

accidentally formatted ext3 external hard disk .. im using EAse us tool in windows system to recover the data ... will this works?? if yes ... the another external hard disk have to be formatted in which file system ? is there any other option ..please help me out (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshz
1 Replies
partclone.extfs(8)					      System Manager's Manual						partclone.extfs(8)

NAME
partclone.extfs - The utility for clone and restore an etx2/ext3 partition. SYNOPSIS
partclone.extfs [options]... [MODE] [SOURCE FILE] [OUTPUT FILE] DESCRIPTION
partclone.extfs is a part of Partclone project for ext2/3 file system. Partclone is a project like the well-known backup utility "Parti- tion Image" a.k.a partimage. Partclone provide utilities to back up used blocks and design for higher compatibility of the file system using supported library like e2fslibs. OPTIONS
-o, --output FILE Output FILE -O --overwrite FILE Output FILE, overwriting if exists -s, --source FILE Source FILE -L, --logfile FILE Log FILE -c, --clone Save to the special image format -r, --restore Restore from the special image format -b, --dev-to-dev Local device to device copy mode -D, --domain Create GNU Ddrescue domain log file from source device --offset_domain=X Add X (in bytes) to all positions reported in the domain log file -R, --rescue Continue after disk read errors -dX, --debug=X Set the debug level to X = [0|1|2] -C, --no_check Don't check device size and free space -X, --dialog Output message as Dialog Format -I, --ignore_fschk Ignore filesystem check --ignore_crc Ignore crc check error -F, --force Force progress -f, --UI-fresh Fresh times of progress -q, --quiet quiet mode, no progress update -v, --version Display partclone version -h, --help Display this help Examples: clone /dev/hda1 to hda1.img and display debug information. partclone.extfs -c -d -s /dev/hda1 -o hda1.img restore /dev/hda1 from hda1.img and display debug information. partclone.extfs -r -d -s hda1.img -o /dev/hda1 restore image from clonezilla(split, gzip,) with stdin source cat sda1.ext3-ptcl-img.gz.a* > gunzip -c | partclone.ext3 -d -r -s - -o /dev/sda1 REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <thomas@nchc.org.tw> SUPPORT
You can get support at http://partclone.org AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Thomas Tsai <thomas@nchc.org.tw> partclone 0.2.48 Nov 2007 partclone.extfs(8)