Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux on custom hardware
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux on custom hardware Post 302508223 by Corona688 on Saturday 26th of March 2011 08:37:46 PM
Old 03-26-2011
That sounds a lot like a wireless router, except a wireless router has no display: Flash ROM, and no real storage to speak of.

Please describe your system in more detail.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

What hardware will LINUX run on 386/486 ?

I'm really new to this and I want to learn UNIX/LINUX and saw the post about setting up a server to use everyday to practice. I have an old 386 PC and a 486 PC sitting around. Can they be reformatted and used to run UNIX/LINUX on as a network. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barkingmad
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Custom HA agent - Red Hat Linux Cluster

Hi experts, I have some custom application which I need to make Highly Available using red hat cluster service. How do I do it? i know in /usr/share/cluster i shall find HA agents for well known services like Apache or Sybase but I want to write HA agent for my own. I tried looking up on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pshaikh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

With Linux do Hardware Brands Matter?

We have run software on Dell Servers w/ Windows and seen the performance degrade overtime. We switched to an IBM server w/ AIX and have not seen the same performance degradation over time. In fact, the IBM servers are at least five years old and continue to preform well at the same level. How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bggibson
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help creating a custom linux distro

Hi all, for a while now I've been working on a linux distro and I'm a couple of tweaks away from it to be perfected so if any experts want to help me out please message me. Thanks in advance. (I know I've posted a similar thread on the same topic but it was closed due to an unhelpful title... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: allk
0 Replies

5. Hardware

Does this hardware works with Linux

Hello folks, I pretend acquire this hardware: 1-Motherboard Asus Skt1151 - H110M-A/M.2 (https://www.asus.com/pt/Motherboards...cifications/); 2-Intel i5 6400 2.7Ghz QuadCore Skt1151; or 2-Intel i5 6500 3.2Ghz QuadCore Skt1151; 3-Dimm 8GB DDR4 Kingston CL15 2133Mhz; Obvious I pretend... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enodev
1 Replies

6. Programming

Help w/ writing a custom Linux shell using x86 assembly (NASM)

Hello world, I thought this might be a great start to help me with an assignment I have that requires me to write an assembly program that mimics a 32 bit Linux command shell: When launched, your program will perform the following steps in a loop: 1. Print a prompt, specifically “$ “... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: turtle13
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create custom options of my own in systemctl Linux?

Hello All, Greetings!! I was trying to create a custom option in systemctl like its out of the box options eg--> status, stop, start, restart, I have tried searching in google but didn't find anything related to it. Basically I would like to create a custom option which is related to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
9 Replies
ACL_INIT(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					       ACL_INIT(3)

NAME
acl_init -- initialize ACL working storage LIBRARY
Linux Access Control Lists library (libacl, -lacl). SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/acl.h> acl_t acl_init(int count); DESCRIPTION
The acl_init() function allocates and initializes the working storage for an ACL of at least count ACL entries. The ACL created initially contains no ACL entries. A pointer to the working storage is returned. This function may cause memory to be allocated. The caller should free any releasable memory, when the new ACL is no longer required, by calling acl_free(3) with the (void*)acl_t returned by acl_init() as an argument. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, this function returns a pointer to the working storage. Otherwise, a value of (acl_t)NULL is returned, and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If any of the following conditions occur, the acl_init() function returns a value of (acl_t)NULL and sets errno to the corresponding value: [EINVAL] The value of count is less than zero. [ENOMEM] The acl_t to be returned requires more memory than is allowed by the hardware or system-imposed memory management con- straints. STANDARDS
IEEE Std 1003.1e draft 17 ("POSIX.1e", abandoned) SEE ALSO
acl_get_file(3), acl_free(3), acl(5) AUTHOR
Derived from the FreeBSD manual pages written by Robert N M Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>, and adapted for Linux by Andreas Gruenbacher <a.gruenbacher@computer.org>. Linux ACL March 23, 2002 Linux ACL