Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux on custom hardware
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux on custom hardware Post 302508223 by Corona688 on Saturday 26th of March 2011 08:37:46 PM
Old 03-26-2011
That sounds a lot like a wireless router, except a wireless router has no display: Flash ROM, and no real storage to speak of.

Please describe your system in more detail.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

What hardware will LINUX run on 386/486 ?

I'm really new to this and I want to learn UNIX/LINUX and saw the post about setting up a server to use everyday to practice. I have an old 386 PC and a 486 PC sitting around. Can they be reformatted and used to run UNIX/LINUX on as a network. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barkingmad
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Custom HA agent - Red Hat Linux Cluster

Hi experts, I have some custom application which I need to make Highly Available using red hat cluster service. How do I do it? i know in /usr/share/cluster i shall find HA agents for well known services like Apache or Sybase but I want to write HA agent for my own. I tried looking up on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pshaikh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

With Linux do Hardware Brands Matter?

We have run software on Dell Servers w/ Windows and seen the performance degrade overtime. We switched to an IBM server w/ AIX and have not seen the same performance degradation over time. In fact, the IBM servers are at least five years old and continue to preform well at the same level. How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bggibson
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help creating a custom linux distro

Hi all, for a while now I've been working on a linux distro and I'm a couple of tweaks away from it to be perfected so if any experts want to help me out please message me. Thanks in advance. (I know I've posted a similar thread on the same topic but it was closed due to an unhelpful title... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: allk
0 Replies

5. Hardware

Does this hardware works with Linux

Hello folks, I pretend acquire this hardware: 1-Motherboard Asus Skt1151 - H110M-A/M.2 (https://www.asus.com/pt/Motherboards...cifications/); 2-Intel i5 6400 2.7Ghz QuadCore Skt1151; or 2-Intel i5 6500 3.2Ghz QuadCore Skt1151; 3-Dimm 8GB DDR4 Kingston CL15 2133Mhz; Obvious I pretend... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enodev
1 Replies

6. Programming

Help w/ writing a custom Linux shell using x86 assembly (NASM)

Hello world, I thought this might be a great start to help me with an assignment I have that requires me to write an assembly program that mimics a 32 bit Linux command shell: When launched, your program will perform the following steps in a loop: 1. Print a prompt, specifically “$ “... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: turtle13
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create custom options of my own in systemctl Linux?

Hello All, Greetings!! I was trying to create a custom option in systemctl like its out of the box options eg--> status, stop, start, restart, I have tried searching in google but didn't find anything related to it. Basically I would like to create a custom option which is related to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
9 Replies
GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)

NAME
git-web--browse - Git helper script to launch a web browser SYNOPSIS
git web--browse [OPTIONS] URL/FILE ... DESCRIPTION
This script tries, as much as possible, to display the URLs and FILEs that are passed as arguments, as HTML pages in new tabs on an already opened web browser. The following browsers (or commands) are currently supported: o firefox (this is the default under X Window when not using KDE) o iceweasel o seamonkey o iceape o chromium (also supported as chromium-browser) o google-chrome (also supported as chrome) o konqueror (this is the default under KDE, see Note about konqueror below) o opera o w3m (this is the default outside graphical environments) o elinks o links o lynx o dillo o open (this is the default under Mac OS X GUI) o start (this is the default under MinGW) o cygstart (this is the default under Cygwin) o xdg-open Custom commands may also be specified. OPTIONS
-b <browser>, --browser=<browser> Use the specified browser. It must be in the list of supported browsers. -t <browser>, --tool=<browser> Same as above. -c <conf.var>, --config=<conf.var> CONF.VAR is looked up in the Git config files. If it's set, then its value specifies the browser that should be used. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
CONF.VAR (from -c option) and web.browser The web browser can be specified using a configuration variable passed with the -c (or --config) command-line option, or the web.browser configuration variable if the former is not used. browser.<tool>.path You can explicitly provide a full path to your preferred browser by setting the configuration variable browser.<tool>.path. For example, you can configure the absolute path to firefox by setting browser.firefox.path. Otherwise, git web--browse assumes the tool is available in PATH. browser.<tool>.cmd When the browser, specified by options or configuration variables, is not among the supported ones, then the corresponding browser.<tool>.cmd configuration variable will be looked up. If this variable exists then git web--browse will treat the specified tool as a custom command and will use a shell eval to run the command with the URLs passed as arguments. NOTE ABOUT KONQUEROR
When konqueror is specified by a command-line option or a configuration variable, we launch kfmclient to try to open the HTML man page on an already opened konqueror in a new tab if possible. For consistency, we also try such a trick if browser.konqueror.path is set to something like A_PATH_TO/konqueror. That means we will try to launch A_PATH_TO/kfmclient instead. If you really want to use konqueror, then you can use something like the following: [web] browser = konq [browser "konq"] cmd = A_PATH_TO/konqueror Note about git-config --global Note that these configuration variables should probably be set using the --global flag, for example like this: $ git config --global web.browser firefox as they are probably more user specific than repository specific. See git-config(1) for more information about this. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)