Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Meaning of each term in stty -a in unix Post 302508137 by ctsgnb on Saturday 26th of March 2011 05:27:51 AM
Old 03-26-2011
i guess you mean :

Code:
stty -a

see UNIX man pages : stty ()

---------- Post updated at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:27 AM ----------

or just enter in you command line :

Code:
man stty

This User Gave Thanks to ctsgnb For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Create a Term & Run chars on this Term

hi floks ! i'd like to know how can i transmete a character or a string from my source code to a term and make it interpret or un by the shell wich is running in my term. I'd like to create a Term from my code (and get its file descriptor) and then transmete each char typed on the keyboard to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_tical
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Meaning of unix-rt ldp file type

Hello I was wondering what this file type means... assuming it is some type of data. Is ldp - Linux Doc Program? What type of program would be used to read or interpret this file type? As you can see I'm not a developer, and don't review these types of files. But would like to view... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jfmrts
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Meaning of ; in UNIX file?

Hello. I'm looking at a file that has a ; at the beginning of certain lines. Could someone please tell me what that means? Is it a comment? Is it an execute? Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: willdaw3
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search term and output term in desired field

Hi All, I have an input_file below and i would like to use Perl to search for the term "aaa" and output the 3rd term in the same row as "aaa".For Example, i want to search for the term "ddd" and would want the code to ouput the 3rd term in the same row which is "fff". Can somebody help ? ... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
28 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oot: Level 2 Unix Support? meaning

Hi all, I am sorry, I know this is not correct forum/silly question (usually this is requirement in some vacancies), but i hope someone can explain to me, what is the meaning of : SUN Tier 3 Support Tier 3 Application Installation Level 2 Solaris Level 2 AD MOM + DBA Thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Definition for the UNIX term Pipe

Looking for examples/definition of what the term Pipe means in UNIX. Please provide answers and illustrations if possible or direction. Thanks!:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfrost126
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of '$#' in Unix

All, In the below mentioned piece of code : if test $# -eq 1 then echo "Input parameter passed into DMI_weekly.ksh..." | tee -a $RUNLOG typeset -u ORACLE_SID export ORACLE_SID="$1" else echo "ERROR 060: Arguments passed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special Characters BASH/UNIX term support

Trying to run this command: find /Volumes/Archive/ -type f -name "Icon" and get /Volumes/Archive//New Business and Marketing/2010 /Creative/Image Library/Stuff for Sean/Cafe Heineken/logo_Café Heineken_03.jpg: No such file or directory due to the accent on the filename. Is there a way around... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kostas123334
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Script - snipet meaning?

What would the below code snippet mean? my ($_configParam, $_paramValue) = split(/\s*=\s*/, $_, 2); $configParamHash{$_configParam} = $_paramValue; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaKha
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the meaning of ## in UNIX shell script?

Hi All, I am new to unix shell scripting and I was documenting one of the unix script and encountered below statements - for ii in `ls -1rt /oracle/admin/MARSCOPY/ext_files/fpm-ifpm/*.small.txt | tail -1 | awk '{print $1}'` do smallssim=${ii##/oracle/admin/MARSCOPY/ext_files/fpm-ifpm/}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuklajayb4
2 Replies
term::ansi::code::macros(n)					 Terminal control				       term::ansi::code::macros(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::code::macros - Macro sequences SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require textutil::repeat package require textutil::tabify package require term::ansi::code::macros ?0.1? ::term::ansi::code::macros::names ::term::ansi::code::macros::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::code::macros::menu menu ::term::ansi::code::macros::frame string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides higher level control sequences for more complex shapes. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::code::macros::names This command is for introspection. It returns as its result a list containing the names of all attribute commands. ::term::ansi::code::macros::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace macros. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. SEQUENCES ::term::ansi::code::macros::menu menu The description of a menu is converted into a formatted rectangular block of text, with the menu command characters highlighted using bold red text. The result is returned as the result of the command. The description, menu, is a dictionary mapping from menu label to command character. ::term::ansi::code::macros::frame string The paragraph of text contained in the string is padded with spaces at the right margin, after normalizing internal tabs, and then put into a frame made of box-graphics. The result is returned as the result of the command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, control, frame, menu, terminal COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::code::macros(n)