Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Logging remote telnet sessions via script Post 302508094 by Fducloux on Friday 25th of March 2011 05:58:26 PM
Old 03-25-2011
You should use expect... It's quite easy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Re-connect to floating telnet sessions

We use SCO OSR5 with TermLIte to create telnet sessions. If you accidently click X on the TermLite screen and exit the session you leave process running. I've heard of a program that will allow you to re-connect to these 'floating' sessions and then be able to carry on your session. Does anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikeh
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

restricted telnet sessions

On AIX 4.3.3 , how telnet access will be allowed to few users only whereas other will not be able to telnet the server? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Limiting telnet sessions on HP UX Box

Anyone know how to limit the telnet sessions on a per user basis on an HP UX Box. I would like to limit the Maximum number of telnet seesions a user can open at any give time to around 4 or 5. I have been looking and looking and do not seem to be able to find anything on this. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Witlr
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Logging Telnet Sessions

I am trying to find the following information regarding the logging of telnet sessions within a Solaris 10 environment: (1) How can I tell if the logging of telnet sessions is enabled on a Solaris 10 machine? (2) Assuming that the logging of telnet sessions is not enabled, what is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RobSand
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic logging (capture screen output) of telnet/ssh sessions on a Solaris node

Hi I am working in Solaris 10 and I want to monitor logs for every telnet/ssh session that tries to connect to the server. I need these logs to be generated in a file that I can fetch using ftp. I am a new user and a stepwise detail will be great BR saGGee (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggee
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

maximum telnet sessions

Currenly my hp-ux server can take the default of 60 telnet connections, i want to know how i can increase this. and also can i effect such changes without doing a reboot. My server is HP-UX B.11.23 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tomjones
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Logging Telnet sessions ?

hello guys, Does anybody know how I can log all the telnet sessions for a specific IP. For instance, anybody who make a telnet to IP x.x.x.x this session will be logged. the purpose of it is that I need to know every command that people are running on this node. Any help ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cerioni
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing scipts after logging into a remote host using shell script

Hi All, Sorry if it is a duplicate post. I have not got any reference about this anywhere. I looked at the posts described in SSH - Passing Unix login passwords through shell scripts - Linux / UNIX Forum and it helped me till the point to connect to the host and executing the basic commands.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Logging User Sessions

Hello, I am using a Linux server (Ubuntu 11.04 Server) to host some files and a code repository. Because we are using ssh + svn to connect to the repository, our users have normal ssh access. What I would like to do is log their user sessions so that I have an audit trail in the event that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisb1609
2 Replies

10. AIX

Remote Script command logging question

I've noticed that when running a script that connects to a number of our servers (to essentially run batch commands) that the commands aren't logged in the user's .sh_history or .bash_history files. Is there a place where this is logged (assuming the script itself isn't doing the logging and I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
3 Replies
libcurl(3)						      libcurl easy interface							libcurl(3)

NAME
libcurl-easy - easy interface overview DESCRIPTION
When using libcurl's "easy" interface you init your session and get a handle (often referred to as an "easy handle"), which you use as input to the easy interface functions you use. Use curl_easy_init(3) to get the handle. You continue by setting all the options you want in the upcoming transfer, the most important among them is the URL itself (you can't transfer anything without a specified URL as you may have figured out yourself). You might want to set some callbacks as well that will be called from the library when data is available etc. curl_easy_setopt(3) is used for all this. When all is setup, you tell libcurl to perform the transfer using curl_easy_perform(3). It will then do the entire operation and won't return until it is done (successfully or not). After the transfer has been made, you can set new options and make another transfer, or if you're done, cleanup the session by calling curl_easy_cleanup(3). If you want persistent connections, you don't cleanup immediately, but instead run ahead and perform other transfers using the same easy handle. libcurl 7.10.7 12 Aug 2003 libcurl(3)