Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to ignore the user from list of users Post 302508074 by Chubler_XL on Friday 25th of March 2011 03:36:03 PM
Old 03-25-2011
Put exclude users in a file (1 per line) and use
Code:
grep -Fvf exclude_users.txt  userlist.txt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su - user... how to find out the list of users and their passwords..

hi, to do a su - user, we need to know what are the users... so in unix 1) which file to see the list of users, passwords? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

2. AIX

Script allows user to kill other users: I'd like to know HOW...

Hello list, Have a problem that's highlighting gaps in my knowledge; can you assist? We have a script that's tacked onto our trading application which allows branch managers etc. to kill off the sessions of other users at their branch. A menu option in the application spawns a shell running... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexop
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Name and Password List/adding and removing users.

Hello everyone and let me start off by thanking anyone who can help with this. I work for a company that uses Unix as one of their servers. I'm not at all familar with Unix beyond logging after I restart the server:rolleyes: I'm looking for some command that will bring me up a list of current... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: disgracedsaint
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF $USER is not in this list of users, then do this

I need to add to a BASH script if ${USER} is not in a list of users (smitha, brownd, adamsp) then do something... what is the best shortest way to accomplish an if statement with a list like this? Also the list of users should be in the script, not an external file. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to list users and their last login?

hi all, I'm trying to write a script to create a file with a list of all users, their gid, gecos field and their last login time e.g. fairly new to scripting, this is what I've got so far #!/bin/sh( userlist= cat /etc/passwd | awk -F: '{print $1," ",$4," ",$5}' for name in $userlist... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanngo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to list primary group of users

Dear All I am facing a problem with my script. I have to found the primary group of users . So first I selected all the groups and users register from a specific user : ONE Then I am making a file with all groups attached to the user : ONE Then I am making a file with all... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need A Script To List All Failed Log In Users

I need to list all the failed log in users as part of audit report. How can I do so in Linux to find all the audit log records and then upload to a table for future reference. I am using oracle 10g on Linux. Hope I will get a quick response from the experts. Thanks in advance for the tips. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraQ
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to create script for added date to list users

hi my friends im asking for the possibility to creat a script in ubuntu for added date to list users for doing this : - search in debug connected user of all connected users - if a new user is connect for the first time to my server the script record the date of the connection and added it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amzioujda
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to ignore # and take corresponding user and group

Hi, I have a following file: role.IMPACT_USER.user=admin role.IMPACT_USER.user=dd12345 role.IMPACT_USER.user=ss76767 #role.IMPACT_USER.user=root #role.IMPACT_USER.group=System role.IMPACT_USER.group=ImpactUser #Description: Allow users to login in to Impact, start and stop service... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
5 Replies
X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)					       Generic Mapping Tools						 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)

NAME
x2sys_merge - Merge an updated COEs tables SYNOPSIS
x2sys_merge -Amain_COElist.d -Mnew_COElist.d DESCRIPTION
x2sys_merge will read two crossovers data base and output the contents of the main one updated with the COEs in the second one. The second file should only contain updated COEs relatively to the first one. That is, it MUST NOT contain any new two tracks intersections (This point is NOT checked in the code). This program is useful when, for any good reason like file editing NAV correction or whatever, one had to recompute only the COEs between the edited files and the rest of the database. -A Specify the file main_COElist.d with the main crossover error data base. -M Specify the file new_COElist.d with the newly computed crossover error data base. OPTIONS
No space between the option flag and the associated arguments. EXAMPLES To update the main COE_data.txt with the new COEs estimations saved in the smaller COE_fresh.txt, try x2sys_merge -ACOE_data.txt -MCOE_fresh.txt > COE_updated.txt SEE ALSO
x2sys_binlist(1), x2sys_cross(1), x2sys_datalist(1), x2sys_get(1), x2sys_init(1), x2sys_list(1), x2sys_put(1), x2sys_report(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)