Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bc syntax error due to sed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bc syntax error due to sed Post 302508046 by vgersh99 on Friday 25th of March 2011 01:57:57 PM
Old 03-25-2011
Code:
de=$(echo "$scale;($e2)-($e1)" | bc -l)

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem due to Fork Error

Hi, I have developed a datastage job...which has many process running in parallel..but because of Fork Error my job is not working:( Can any body help me out to solve this Fork error problem.:rolleyes: My Os is SUNOS. IS there any setting in Unix through admin where in if i set some paramter... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

aborted due to compilation error

I wanted to edit the time for a cron job that cleans out the quarantine in mailscanner. etc/cron.daily/clean.quarantine I edited the file #!/usr/bin/perl # # IMPORTANT NOTE: # # Change the next line to 0 instead of 1 to enable this script. # By default it will be disabled and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed error : Syntax error: redirection unexpected

My script is throwing the error 'Syntax error: redirection unexpected' My line of code.. cat nsstatustest.html | sed s/<tr><td align="left">/<tr><td align="left" bgcolor="#000000"><font color="white">/ > ztmp.Ps23zp2s.2-Fpps3-wmmm0dss3 HTML tags are getting in the way but they're needed to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Pid X killed due to text modification or page I/O error

Hello everybody, I have a HP-UX B.11.11. I had one disk and added one new. When trying to configure the second disk Not Using the Logical Volume Manager(from SAM) I have this error: Pid X killed due to text modification or page I/O error I tryed to add another partion on the first disk,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: savus
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read/Search file being written to giving error due to timing issues

The following is a piece of code to rename LOG_FILE_NEW to LOG_FILE once you get a result (either RUNNING or SHUTDOWN) RESULT="" sleep 30 while ; do sleep 10 RESULT=`sed -n '/RUNNING/'p ${LOG_FILE_NEW}` if ; then RESULT=`sed -n '/SHUTTING_DOWN/'p ${LOG_FILE_NEW}` fi done mv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonorous
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Syntax Error sometimes due to corruption of variable value "

Hi , I have script as follows , #!/usr/bin/ksh -x if then alias echo="echo -e" fi MAX_ENTRIES=1024 nb_of_entries=`echo "$list_of_entries" | wc -w` # Set number of tables eval nb_of_tables=\`expr `expr $nb_of_entries / $MAX_ENTRIES` + 1 \` # Output the number of tables echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed syntax error

Hi, In the following excerpt of shell script code: I could not understand the sed syntax. Could anyone shed some light on this? configure_ssl() { jboss_conf_file=$1 echo "Configuring SSL for -" ${jboss_conf_file} isSSLSetup=`echo cat ${jboss_conf_file} | grep <Connector... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error due to unset variable - Solaris vs GNU Linux - Help needed

Hi all, I have a weird problem. When i run the below code in SunOS and Linux i get different outputs ==== $ cat tst.ksh #!/bin/ksh echo "Abc" > $LOG_FILE echo "Ret - $?" ===== In Solaris $ ./tst.ksh Abc Ret - 0 In GNU Linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NickKnight
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh failing due to Bad owner error

i am logged in with "user1" on host1. I m trying to ssh to host2 using user id "user2" $ ssh user2@host2 Bad owner or permissions on /home/user1/.ssh/config Question 1: Can you please tell me why am i getting the Bad owner permissions error on that directory ? Question 2: Where is it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need fix for rsync Error due to version mismatch

rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh='/usr/bin/ssh -t -a -x' /web/admin/Transfer/data/ user1@destserver1:/tmp/testf rsync version on sender server is:3.0.9 rsync version on sender server is:3.0.6 Linux sourceserver1 3.10.0-693.17.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Jan 14 10:36:03 EST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
XMLSTARLET(1)                                                    xmlstarlet Manual                                                   XMLSTARLET(1)

NAME
xmlstarlet - command line XML/XSLT toolkit SYNOPSIS
xmlstarlet [<options>] [<command>] [<cmd-options>] INTRODUCTION
XMLStarlet is a set of command line utilities (tools) which can be used to transform, query, validate, and edit XML documents and files us- ing simple set of shell commands in similar way it is done for plain text files using UNIX grep, sed, awk, diff, patch, join, etc commands. This set of command line utilities can be used by those who deal with many XML documents on UNIX shell command prompt as well as for auto- mated XML processing with shell scripts. OPTIONS
--version Display the version of xmlstarlet. --help Display help. COMMANDS
Type: xmlstarlet <command> --help <ENTER> for command help Available commands include: ed (or edit) Edit/update XML document(s). sel (or select) Select data or query XML document(s) (XPATH, etc). tr (or transform) Transform XML documents(s) using XSLT. val (or validate) Validate XML document(s) (well-formed/DTD/XSD/RelaxNG). fo (or format) Format XML document(s). el (or elements) Display element structure of XML document. c14n (or canonic) XML canonicalization. ls (or list) List directory as XML. esc (or escape) Escape special XML characters. unesc (or unescape) Unescape special XML characters. pyx (or xmln) Convert XML into PYX format (based on ESIS - ISO 8879). p2x (or depyx) Convert PYX into XML. REFERENCES
XMLStarlet is a command line toolkit to query/edit/check/transform XML documents (for more information see http://xmlstar.source- forge.net/). AUTHOR
Mikhail Grushinskiy. XMLSTARLET(1)