Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem in nawk : case insensitive pattern matching Post 302507979 by ctsgnb on Friday 25th of March 2011 10:11:10 AM
Old 03-25-2011
Code:
grep -vi default infile > outfile

Code:
awk 'tolower($0)!~/default/' infile>outfile
awk 'toupper($0)!~/DEFAULT/' infile>outfile

Use nawk if on solaris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

case insensitive locate

How can I do a case insensitive locate? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davis.ml
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk case-insensitive

can I tell awk to be case insensitive for one operation without setting the ignorecase value ? thanks, Steffen (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: forever_49ers
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

case insensitive

hi everyone, I need to do the following thing in a case insesitive mode sed 's/work/job/g' filename since work could appear in different form as Work WORK WorK wORK,.... I was wondering if i could do a case insensitive search of a word. thanks in advance, :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with CASE pattern matching

I am using ksh on a HP Ux. I have a simple script but am having problem with the case statement:- #!/usr/bin/sh Chl=”SM.APPLE_SWIFT_DV” LoConfirm=”” case $chl in ) LoConfirm=”Using channel at Building 1” echo “test conditon1” echo $LoConfirm;; ) LoConfirm=”Using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gummysweets
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching in case statement

I have a file abc.sh which looks like qacc1 ----> down v5c0 check interface v5c1 I want to read this file line by line and perform a certain action if a particular pattern is found in that line. My code so far looks like this: FileName='abc.sh' while read LINE do echo $LINE case... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

case-insensitive if on substring

I'd like to print a line if a substring is matched in a case insensitive manner something like do a case insensitive search for ABCD as a substring: awk '{ if (substr($1,1,4) == "") print $1 }' infile > outfile I'm not certain how to make the syntax work??? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case insensitive check for directory

Hi, Im still new to scripting and this forum and could so with a little help I understand: if ; then good else bad fi but how do I do the same check but ignore the case of <dir2>? Many thanks! Matt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjwoodford
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case Insensitive search

Hey , i am trying to do a search for the certain books , and im trying to make it case insensitive. what i have come up with so far is this : Database.txt RETARDED MONKEY:RACHEAL ABRAHAML:30:30:20 GOLD:FATIN:23.20:12:3 STUPID:JERLYN:20:40:3 echo -n "Title: " read Title echo -n... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed for case insensitive search

Hi, I have a file named "test_file" that has the below content. It has words in upper/lower cases PRODOPS prodOPS ProdOps PRODops escalate Shell My requirement is to replace all the "prodops" (what ever case it may be) with "productionoperations". I tried using the "i" option with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbhuvana20
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use scp for case insensitive copy?

Hi, I have a requirement to copy files from one server to other using SCP. I am using * to copy files as I just need to pick up the files that are ending with .OK. But few ok files are in upper case and few are in lower case. If I am using below code, only files with upper case OK are being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nikhath
1 Replies
MAKE_SOCKDFC(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKE_SOCKDFC(8)

NAME
make_sockdfc - Generates frozen configuratyion file for SOCKS server SYNOPSIS
make_sockdfc [infile [outfile] ] DESCRIPTION
make_sockdfc reads in a plain-text configuration file for the SOCKS server and produces a frozen configuration file as the output. Both arguments are optional. The default for infile is /etc/sockd.conf; the default for outfile is /etc/sockd.fc. You may specify infile while omitting outfile, but you cannot specify outfile without also speficying infile. The contents of the frozen configuration file is essentially the memory image of the parsed input file. Using the frozen configuration file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS server program since it no longer has to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS server starts, it always looks for the frozen configuration file /etc/sockd.fc first. If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text configuration file /etc/sockd.conf. If you use frozen configuration, you must remember to run make_sockdfc every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS server will continue to use the frozen file of a previous configuration. To find out the contents of a frozen configuration file, use dump_sockdfc. FILES
/etc/sockd.fc, /etc/sockd.conf SEE ALSO
dump_sockdfc(8), sockd.conf(5), sockd.fc(5) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@best.com or yingda@esd.sgi.com May 6, 1996 MAKE_SOCKDFC(8)