Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File comparision with AWK / SED Post 302507924 by ctsgnb on Friday 25th of March 2011 07:08:44 AM
Old 03-25-2011
Too many information missing :
What is you initial file ?
What is are the criteria for adding, deleting, or modifying the product ? (a file instructing for such modification should have a clear instructions' convention definition)
Your current example is ambiguous as is so please give a full example of
1) initial file
2) instruction file
3) expected result file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Number comparision in AWK

Hi, I have a file like this. "2006","10",25,"U","1129","32","C",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,352,16,4,0,0,0,0,0,"80",,1 "2006","11",25,"U","1148","32","C",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,"80",,2 "2006","14",25,"U","1149","10","C",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,560,12,0,0,0,0,0,0,"80",,3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vskr72
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file size comparision local file and remote file

Hi, I have written a script which would FTP a dump file to the FTP server and log the whole activity into a file. to confirm the success of the file copy i grep for "226 file receive OK" and then send out an email saying success. Now i want to make sure the bytes of the local file and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba.admin2008
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File comparision

HI, I would like to know how to compare two files and replace non-matching lines with "_" . I can get non-mathing lines with grep -v -f file1 file2 i just want to knw how to display 'file2' with non-matching lines from 'file1' replaced by "_" for exmaple file1: a b c d ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy81
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File comparision

Hi All I have to files cat a.txt AAA BBB CCC DDD and cat b.txt AAA CCC EEE i want to compare these two files and o/p should have content of file a.txt which is not in file b.txt c.txt BBB DDD Please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File comparision

Hi All I have to files cat a.txt AAA BBB CCC DDD and cat b.txt AAA CCC EEE i want to compare these two files and o/p should have content of file a.txt which is not in file b.txt c.txt BBB DDD Please help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Range of records using comparision \awk

Hi Gurus, I have to fetch the records from a logs as per the time stamp . I am comfortable to use awk and sed in the script . But the logic to fetch the records as per comparison is the problem. $cat my_log.log <Jul 30, 2010 7:01:12 AM EEST> <Error> <WebLogicServer> <Jul 30, 2010 8:04:12 AM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Comparision

Hi All, I want to write a script which will compare two files and tell me if the files are different. Actually my files will be same but order of lines will be different,so diff is not working. I have written a script to do this:- while read line; do cnt=`grep -i $line... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: string followed by tab comparision

Hi all, Currently i am using if( $0~/ NOT / && $0~/ NULL /) { ................. } to check if the input record contains "NOT" and "NULL". But in some cases "NOT" and "NULL" are preceded and followed by tab. How do i find compare for these fields as well? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysvsr1
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk comparision

Hi Everyone I am new to Unix shell scripting Can anyone please explain me in detail how this command works awk -F@ 'NR==FNR{A=$2;next}$3 in A{$3=A}1' file2 file1 The above command I got it from this forum, but unable to implement it as I am not getting how this works:mad: I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay90
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk comparision between 2 files and substitution in third

Hi All, I have two files in the following format. File 1 : 1044|1|20121031|2910039.4|MR|201210|G1044|E 1082|2|20121031|1664662.84|MR|201210|G1082|E 1696|3|20121031|190801.5|MR|201210|G1696|E 1824|4|20121031|196350|MR|201210|G1824|E 1900|5|20121031|221447.8|MR|201210|G1900|E File 2 :... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
7 Replies
CGI::Application::Plugin::ActionDispatch(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	     CGI::Application::Plugin::ActionDispatch(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Application::Plugin::ActionDispatch - Perl extension SYNOPSIS
# In "WebApp.pm"... package WebApp; use base 'CGI::Application'; use CGI::Application::Plugin::ActionDispatch; sub do_stuff : Path('do/stuff') { ... } sub do_more_stuff : Regex('^/do/more/stuff/?$') { ... } sub do_something_else : Regex('do/something/else/(w+)/(d+)$') { ... } DESCRIPTION
CGI::Application::Plugin::ActionDispatch adds attribute based support for parsing the PATH_INFO of the incoming request. For those who are familiar with Catalyst. The interface works very similar. This plugin is plug and play and shouldn't interrupt the default behavior of CGI::Application. CAVEATS
Be aware though, this plugin will not likely work with other modules that use attributes. This module should work with mod_perl. It however has not be thoroughly tested as such. If you have used it with mod_perl please e-mail me with your experience. METHODS
action_args() If using capturing parentheses in a Regex action. The captured values are accessible using this method. sub addElement : Regex('add/(d+)/(d+)') { my $self = shift; my($column, $row) = $self->action_args(); ... } The Path action will store everything after the matched path into the action args. # http://example.com/state/pa/philadelphia sub find_state_and_city : Path('state/') { my $self = shift; my($state, $city) = $self->action_args(); # $state == pa, $city == philadelphia ... } ACTIONS
Regex Regex action is used for regular expression matching against PATH_INFO. If capturing parentheses are used; the matched parameters are accesssible using the action_args() method. Regex('^blah/foo'); The Regex action either matches or it doesn't. There are no secrets to it. It is important to note Regex action takes priority. It is assumed if a Path and Regex action both match. The Regex action will take priority, which may not always be the outcome of least suprise, for instance: # http://example.com/music/the_clash sub clash : Path('/music/the_clash') {} # This is an exact match, BUT. sub the_class : Regex('/music/the_clash') {} # This takes priority. Beware. Path The Path action is basically a shortcut for a commonly used Regex action. # http://example.com/products/movies/2 sub show_product : Path('products/') { my $self = shift; my($category, $id) = $self->action_args(); .... } Is basically the same thing as. sub show_product : Regex('^/products/(w+)/(d+)') { my $self = shift; my($category, $id) = $self->action_args(); ... } For those that care, the Path('products/') will be converted to the regular expression "^/products/?(/.*)$"; then split('/') is run on the captured value and stored in action_args(). Runmode This action will take the method name and run a match on that. # http://example.com/foobar sub foobar : Runmode {} Default The default run mode if no match is found. Essentially the equivalent of the start_mode() method. sub default_mode : Default {} EXAMPLE
In CGI::Application module: package WebApp; use base 'CGI::Application'; use CGI::Application::Plugin::ActionDispatch; use strict; sub setup { my $self = shift; self->mode_param('test_rm'); $self->run_modes( basic_runmode => 'basic_runmode' ); } # Regular runmodes should work. sub basic_runmode { my $self = shift } The product() runmode will match anything starting with "/products" in the PATH_INFO. # http://example.com/myapp.cgi/products/this/is/optional/and/stored/in/action_args/ sub product : Path('products/') { my $self = shift; my($category, $product) = $self->action_args(); } The music() runmode will match anything starting with "/products/music" in the PATH_INFO. The product() runmode also matches "/products/music". However since this runmode matches closer it takes priority over product(). # http://example.com/myapp.cgi/products/music/product/ sub music : Path('products/music/') { my $self = shift; my $product = $self->action_args(); ... } This beatles() runmode will match ONLY "/product/music/beatles" or "/product/music/beatles/". Regex takes priority over Path so the previous runmodes which match this PATH_INFO are not run. # http://example.com/myapp.cgi/products/music/beatles/ sub beatles : Regex('^/products/music/beatles/?') { my $self = shift; ... } SEE ALSO
CGI::Application, CGI::Application::Dispatch http://github.com/jaywhy/cgi-application-plugin-actiondispatch AUTHOR
Jason Yates, <jaywhy@gmail.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006-2008 by Jason Yates This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.7 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.12.4 2011-10-26 CGI::Application::Plugin::ActionDispatch(3pm)