Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find and Replace then rename file Post 302507834 by tene on Friday 25th of March 2011 01:00:56 AM
Old 03-25-2011
Try this.
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
for i in {1..100}
do
        sed 's/<pattern to search>/<pattern to replace>/g' file$i.txt > temp
        mv temp file$i-new.txt
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find replace within a file?

I build several files by using the cut command to grab select fields(columns) from a really bid csv file. Each file is one column of data. I then put them together using paste command. Here is the code built in tcsh: cut -d , -f 1 some.csv > 1.csv cut -d , -f 10 some.csv > 10.csv paste 1.csv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yankee428
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and rename long file names (html)

Hi Guys, I need a help. I have 1130 zip files. Each one of them has files including 1 html file with long file name (includes special charactors, Alphabetic and numbers). I have copied all 1130 zip files to my linux system and extracted using below command. Find . -name "*.zip" -exec... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajmani
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Rename File using Terminal

I need help finding a file through terminal and then renaming it automatically. Here is what I have so far to find the file: cd /User/Applications find . */SourceM.app/banner.png | while read line; do mv "$line" banner-.png; done I want the script to rename the file "banner.png" to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbisconti97
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Find and rename file

I want to find a file say IIFT and check its size is zero or not. If its zero then I have to rename anothe file say WWFT , which is in another folder to WWFT$Todaysdate. I tried below command: cd dir2 (*File WWFT is in dir2) find dir/ -type f -name 'IIFT*' -size 0 -exec mv WWFT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammbhhar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find and rename of particular pattern in file.?

Hi Guys, I have folder called /input/temp. Inside the folder I have lot of files. I need to find the file of pattern Article_????_test_?????????.txt and replace by format below. Article_????_?????????.txt Below is the one which I tried but it doesn't works can you please help us.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinoth Kumar G
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and rename part of a file

hi, Need your help. I need to write a script for below.. i have two files in directory /home/abc as below: Watch_20140203_abc.dat Watchnow_20140203_abc.dat I have to copy this file from /home/abc to /home01/home02 after that i have to rename the date part in above two files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed replace to rename each line a file

Have a file in this format This is line one ; line_one This is line two ; line_two This is line three ; line_three This is line four ; line four. I'm trying to make each line a new file called line_one line_two line_three line_four. Tried using split -1 but then I'm back needing to rename... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to read string from file#1 and find/replace in file#2

Hello Forum. I have a file called abc.sed with the following commands; s/1/one/g s/2/two/g ... I also have a second file called abc.dat and would like to substitute all occurrences of "1 with one", "2 with two", etc and create a new file called abc_new.dat sed -f abc.sed abc.dat >... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and rename file recursively

Hi, I have a directory which contains multiple files with .txt extension, i want to rename all these file to .bak extension using find command, this is what i've tried, please help me to correct this : find /home/application/test -name '*.txt' -exec rename 's/txt/bak/' {} \; seems to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to find and replace in a file

Hi All, I am having below sample data in a file. I need to find all the line form this file with word ABC and i need to replace the characters at position 120 which is "CO:BOGFDUI"(30chars) in the lines with blank space. I have tried using grep to find the word with ABC (grep ABC filename),... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
3 Replies
MAXDB_STMT_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)						 1					       MAXDB_STMT_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)

maxdb_stmt_affected_rows - Returns the total number of rows changed, deleted, or inserted by the last executed statement

Procedural style

SYNOPSIS
int maxdb_stmt_affected_rows (resource $stmt) DESCRIPTION
Object oriented style int$maxdb_stmt->affected_rows () maxdb_stmt_affected_rows(3) returns the number of rows affected by INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE query. If the last query was invalid or the number of rows can not determined, this function will return -1. RETURN VALUES
An integer greater than zero indicates the number of rows affected or retrieved. Zero indicates that no records where updated for an UPDATE/DELETE statement, no rows matched the WHERE clause in the query or that no query has yet been executed. -1 indicates that the query has returned an error or the number of rows can not determined. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php $maxdb = new maxdb("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } /* create temp table */ $maxdb->query("CREATE TABLE temp.mycity LIKE hotel.city"); $query = "INSERT INTO temp.mycity SELECT * FROM hotel.city WHERE state LIKE ?"; /* prepare statement */ if ($stmt = $maxdb->prepare($query)) { /* Bind variable for placeholder */ $code = 'N%'; $stmt->bind_param("s", $code); /* execute statement */ $stmt->execute(); printf("rows inserted: %d ", $stmt->affected_rows); /* close statement */ $stmt->close(); } /* close connection */ $maxdb->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php $link = maxdb_connect("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } /* create temp table */ maxdb_query($link, "CREATE TABLE temp.mycity LIKE hotel.city"); $query = "INSERT INTO temp.mycity SELECT * FROM hotel.city WHERE state LIKE ?"; /* prepare statement */ if ($stmt = maxdb_prepare($link, $query)) { /* Bind variable for placeholder */ $code = 'N%'; maxdb_stmt_bind_param($stmt, "s", $code); /* execute statement */ maxdb_stmt_execute($stmt); printf("rows inserted: %d ", maxdb_stmt_affected_rows($stmt)); /* close statement */ maxdb_stmt_close($stmt); } /* close connection */ maxdb_close($link); ?> The above example will output something similar to: rows inserted: 4 SEE ALSO
maxdb_stmt_num_rows(3), maxdb_prepare(3). PHP Documentation Group MAXDB_STMT_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)