Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SLD: Failed to start the PMD Connection thread. (PM_THREAD_FAILED_TO_START). Post 302507801 by jgt on Thursday 24th of March 2011 10:06:40 PM
Old 03-24-2011
Do you have the serial number and activation key? I have the media.
Error messages should be in /usr/adm/messages, although if there are any they will probably be just as cryptic.
You could also try "authck -a" in single user mode.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

How do I start a thread ?

I am actually trying to find out the following: Using MS Windows, XP PRO, I downloaded an Adaptec SCSi 39160 driver from SCO Unix site. Driver is ad160.btld. I now need to copy this driver to a SCO Unix 5.5 standalone server, via a floppy diskette. I've tried SCO505 Diskimage and it didn't have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mos8001
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ssh connection failed.

When i was connecting the Solaris system by sftp . i got the following error. "Warning: child process (/usr/local/bin/ssh2) exited with code 74." Could any one help, how to fix it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag.mi2000
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

VSFTPD Service Failed to Start

Today I have installed VSFTPD but service is failing to start. We have been using standard FTP successful but need to introduce an FTPS option. I have run YUM install VSFTPD and everything appeared to load ok. (If I run rpm - qa | grep vsftpd I get vsftpd-2.0.5-16.el5_4.1 which I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaulComins
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Internet connection failed on solaris 10

Hi, i am new bie on solaris ,i just installed it on vmware. i tryed to connect to the internet from solaris but it failed. during the installation i ignore the DHCP and i assign a fixed ip address to the host. is that has an impact on internet access ? and if so how to add another interface... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mirsol
3 Replies

5. Programming

Fork thread, Assertion failed. X11.

Hi all. I wrote a program with the Motif Widget Toolkit. It has a button and a scrollbar. When the user hits the button the callback creates a new fork() thread. The new thread sleeps for a while and then changes the position of the scrollbar. It does this in an endless loop. I need the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
2 Replies

6. Programming

Failed SSL Connection Attempt

The below error message I started seeing using Ubuntu 14.04 and was wondering if the forum has seen it because I cant seem much on the net for this: perl -e 'use IO::Socket::SSL qw(debug3);IO::Socket::SSL->new(PeerAddr=>"10.0.0.100",PeerPort=> 443,Proto=>"TCP") or die $!' DEBUG:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies
authck(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 authck(8)

NAME
authck - Checks internal consistency of the authentication databases (Enhanced Security) SYNOPSIS
/tcb/bin/authck [ options ] FLAGS
NOTE: At least one of the -a, -p, -t, or -f flags is required. Turns on the -p, -t, and -f flags collectively. Examines the file control database for syntax and value specification errors. Each entry is examined to verify that the syntax is correct and that values such as user names, group names, modes, object types, and other security attributes, depending on the system configuration, are valid. Checks are also made to ensure that continuation lines are handled properly in ASCII files and that each entry is terminated with the chkent field. Errors detected in the file control database cannot be corrected by authck since in most cases the command is unable to determine what the entry should contain. Instead, errors are detected and correction of these errors is left to the system administra- tor. Checks the protected password database (user profiles). The cross-references between the protected password database and /etc/passwd are checked to make sure that they are mutually consistent. Then fields in the protected password database are checked for reasonable val- ues. For instance, all timestamps of past events are checked to make sure that they have times less than the times returned by time(). Checks the fields in the terminal control database for reasonable values. All timestamps of past events are checked to make sure they have times less than those returned by time(). Provides running diagnostics as the program proceeds. It also produces warnings on unusual con- ditions that may not cause program errors. DESCRIPTION
The authck program checks both the overall structure and internal field consistency of all components of the authentication databases. It reports all problems it finds. To invoke this program you must log in as root. EXIT VALUES
If authck did not detect any inconsistencies, it exits with a status of 0 (zero). If the user is not authorized, authck exits with a sta- tus of 1. If the user specifies the wrong argument syntax, authck exits with a status of 2. Otherwise, authck exits with status equal to the number of inconsistencies found. FILES
Specifies the command path. System password file. Protected password database. File control database. Terminal control database. System defaults database. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: getprdfent(3), getprpwent(3), getprtcent(3), getprfient(3) Files: authcap(4), default(4), files(4), prpasswd(4), ttys(4) delim off authck(8)