Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OS X script question
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) OS X script question Post 302507799 by thedanielmatt on Thursday 24th of March 2011 09:43:35 PM
Old 03-24-2011
OS X script question

EDIT: Sorry, just realized there is an OS X forum on here - feel free to move this post if someone feels the need!

Maybe this is a stupid question, because 90 views on OS X Hints forum and no replies :P

But, really appreciate you reading!

I am curious what the command(s) would look like, if it is even possible to:
A)
Script that would reboot into single-user mode and execute the rest of the script/different one.

B)
Script that would log out of OS X into console and execute the rest of itself or another script. Or would you just have to log out to login window and user >console and execute the script. But, I know that would only work with the right login window options...

Basically, I have a script that we use (we are an AASP) to delete the temporary user and .AppleSetupDone type files so when we return a machine to a customer they get the startup video and setup assistant.
But, we manually have to boot into single-user mode and execute the script.

Not that the process is all that bad, but I'm just curious (since I'd really enjoy some scripting) what this would look like.

Cheers!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another script question.

Hi, First off I usually script in the bash shell. Ok, in my script I am checking to see if the filename has a .txt extension. So I was trying: if then echo "Must contain a valid .txt extension" fiandif ] then echo "Must contain a valid .txt extension" fiBut no go the first... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astudent
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script question

Correct me if i'm wrong, but by adding "#!/bin/ksh" at the start of a script will force it to run in the korn shell no matter which shell you are currently using?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shad0w75
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script question

I'm using solaris and i have an old script that an ex employee wrote but i can't seem to get it working. well is just one part of the script if ($?MC_PROD_DIR == 0) setenv MC_PROD_DIR $HOME/PRODUCTION source $MC_PROD_DIR/scripts/localenv ** i understand what this part of the script is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fusionjd
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script question

Can anyone help with these scripts? Im new to this and struggling. Thank you for your help. Pre-requisites Create a file with x amount of lines in it, the content of your choice. (Have already done this) Script 1 Write a script that takes two arguments. The first being a line of text,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginner1
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script question

Anyone know why this won't work? #!/usr/bin/ksh for db in `cat /etc/oratab|egrep ':N|:Y' | grep -v \* | cut -f1 -d":"` do echo "************************" echo "database is $db" echo "************************" done I am getting an error on the line... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace2000
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Question

Here is my problem. I have a txt file with a list of user names in both upper case and lower case. I need to remove the names from the passwd file. I want to be able to run a script that looks at my txt list and then removes those names from the passwd file. It would be nice if it backed up the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wgartin
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script question

I am trying to write a script to check the STIG our unix boxes. I want to put in checks to determine if certain files or directories are there. For example: If /opt/SUNWexplo exists echo "Sun Explorer exists" else echo "Sun Explorer is not installed" I am sure I could write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkruck
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script Question

I have a script that will calculate some information about the current directory that I run the script in. How can I have it where it gets an argument from the user(such as a directory) and the script calculate the information for the given directory? Any help is greatly appreciated. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tr32
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script question

I know some tricks like this : echo " E"; sleep 0.1; clear; echo " Er"; sleep 0.1; clear; echo " Err"; sleep 0.1; clear; echo " Erro"; sleep 0.1; clear; echo " Error ";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

10. Programming

C first Script Question

Gents for 2013 I have embarked on learning C and just wrote my first script and need some help. In the learning process, I am trying to understand where I went wrong with my script. The flow of the script is as such: Enter a number --> check if it is a number --> if it is not a number,print what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
4 Replies
ALCC(1) 							  aMule utilities							   ALCC(1)

NAME
alcc - text based eD2k links calculator for aMule SYNOPSIS
alcc [-p] [-v] <inputfiles_list> alcc [-h] DESCRIPTION
Compute the eD2k links of all the input files given in the <inputfiles_list> (There can be one or more files). [ -p, --parthashes ] Compute and add part hashes to the computed eD2k links. [ -h, --help ] Prints a short usage description. [ -v, --verbose ] Be verbose - show also calculation steps. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs either on our forum (http://forum.amule.org/), or in our bugtracker (http://bugs.amule.org/). Please do not report bugs in e-mail, neither to our mailing list nor directly to any team member. COPYRIGHT
aMule and all of its related utilities are distributed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
alc(1), amuled(1), amulecmd(1), amuleweb(1), cas(1), ed2k(1), wxcas(1), xas(1) AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Vollstrecker <amule@vollstreckernet.de> aMule eD2k links calculator November 2011 ALCC(1)