Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Do You Own a Kindle?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Do You Own a Kindle? Post 302507771 by KenJackson on Thursday 24th of March 2011 05:53:40 PM
Old 03-24-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
I can plug my kindle into a Window computer and it mounts the kindle like it is a USD thumb drive. Then I copied my pdf file to the kindle, "ejected" it and my pdf's were there.
I do that with my Sony Reader. But I don't have a Windows PC. I added a line to my /etc/fstab:
Code:
UUID=0000-XXXX         /mnt/sony vfat    defaults,users,noauto,rw       0 0

Then I use the commands
mount /mnt/sony
and
umount /mnt/sony

I think I got the UUID from the lsusb command.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Hardware

Forcing Linux to keep charging my Kindle

Linux seems to have weird USB power saving features, my Kindle 3 only gets some charge before Linux powers down the USB port. When the device is mounted, it doesn't get enough power, with this same hardware under Windows I don't get the message on the Kindle "currently your kindle is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
2 Replies
gitmount(1)						      General Commands Manual						       gitmount(1)

NAME
gitmount - GNU Interactive Tools - auto-mount script SYNTAX
gitmount device DESCRIPTION
gitmount is a script which allows you to mount any block device without specifying the file system type. You may now insert the floppy in the drive and type ' gitmount fd0' and the first floppy will be mounted in the directory /mnt/fd0. On Linux just press F11 or F12. You don't need to know the file system type anymore. The directories /mnt/fd0 and /mnt/fd1 are created if they don't exist. BUGS
Please send bug reports to: gnuit-dev@gnu.org SEE ALSO
gitfm(1) gitps(1) gitview(1) gitkeys(1) gitaction(1) gitrgrep(1) gitunpack(1) AUTHORS
Tudor Hulubei <tudor@cs.unh.edu> Andrei Pitis <pink@pub.ro> Ian Beckwith <ianb@erislabs.net> (Current maintainer) gitmount(1)