Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Do You Own a Kindle?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Do You Own a Kindle? Post 302507762 by tetsujin on Thursday 24th of March 2011 05:34:29 PM
Old 03-24-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
I can plug my kindle into a Window computer and it mounts the kindle like it is a USD thumb drive. Then I copied my pdf file to the kindle, "ejected" it and my pdf's were there. Ironically, I not know how to email a pdf to my kindle. I'm a bit taken aback to learn that such a thing is possible. I hope my kindle does not start getting spam pdf's. Smilie
I don't know if this is a new Kindle/old Kindle thing but my understanding was that email was the only way... Don't know, really.

As for email - you have to whitelist sender addresses, so at the very least someone hoping to spam you would need to get the sender address right. This was actually a challenge for us the first time around, we didn't know you had to whitelist the sender address, so our attempts to send docs over just failed.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Hardware

Forcing Linux to keep charging my Kindle

Linux seems to have weird USB power saving features, my Kindle 3 only gets some charge before Linux powers down the USB port. When the device is mounted, it doesn't get enough power, with this same hardware under Windows I don't get the message on the Kindle "currently your kindle is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
2 Replies
OBUS-GEN-SERVER(1)					      General Commands Manual						OBUS-GEN-SERVER(1)

NAME
obus-gen-server - generate server-side ocaml bindings from D-Bus introspection files SYNOPSIS
obus-gen-server [ options ] input-files DESCRIPTION
obus-gen-server generates an ocaml module from D-Bus introspection files. The generated module contains code for defining a D-Bus service implementing the D-Bus interfaces listed in intropection files. It depends on the interface module generated with obus-gen-interface. The module generated by obus-gen-server it is meant to be edited. OPTIONS
-o output-prefix Use this name as output prefix. It defaults to the input file name without its extension and extended with "_server". For example, if the input file name is "foo.xml" (or "foo.obus"), then "obus-gen-server" will generate "foo_server.ml" and "foo_server.mli". -keep-common Keeps common interfaces, i.e. all interfaces starting with "org.freedesktop.DBus". By default they are dropped. -help or --help Display a short usage summary and exit. AUTHOR
Jeremie Dimino <jeremie@dimino.org> SEE ALSO
obus-introspect(1), obus-gen-interface(1), obus-gen-client(1). April 2010 OBUS-GEN-SERVER(1)