Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Var in nawk script parse incorrectly Post 302507659 by Corona688 on Thursday 24th of March 2011 11:57:08 AM
Old 03-24-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexKnot
Sorry, I guess I'm missing something. I don't see any difference in what you posted and what I'm doing.
Look closer. I even highlighted the differences in red.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help need on nawk script

Dear experts I have a big file containing several profiles each flagged with "PROFILE" at the beginning of each one. I am trying to use the following command in cshell to seperate each profile and save each one in seperate file. I wrote a script as following: nawk -v i=0 '{if($1~/PROFILE/)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse the file in xml format using awk/nawk

Hi All, I have an xml file with the below format. <a>111</a><b>222</b><c>333<c><d><e>123</e><f>234</f><d><e>456</e><f>789</f> output needed is 111,222,333,123,234 111,222,333,456,789 nawk 'BEGIN{FS="<|>"} {print a,b,c,e,f a="" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parse /var/mail

Hi all... We have a box that receives a lot of incoming emails. I have a .procmailrc file that in turn invokes a python script, which process each of these incoming email. All is nice and good. However, before the .procmailrc and python script were in place, we still were receiving emails and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khader69
0 Replies

4. AIX

can't parse this nawk statement

hi all i have the following portion in an xml file: </n:AOMessage> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <n:AOMessage xmlns:n="urn:ao:hs:update:shell" xmlns:bo="urn:ao:hs" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ao:hs:update:shell... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop in Nawk Script

I have a script which performs a getline (customer enters data) and a list is returned which has the data that was entered return to them. Then it ends. How can I get this script to return to the begin and ask the question again. Ths script needs to stop after the list is returned and then hit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Morph797
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Script not working

Any idea why this isn't working? YESTERF=`TZ=aaa24 date +%b"-"%d | sed 's/-0/--/'` filelist2=$(find /export/home/gen/cks/traces \( -name \*YESTERF\* -name \*DNA\* \) -print | tr '\n' ' ') print "Date/Time,Location,Shelf,IP,Reason,Log Filename" >> $OUTPUT nawk -F':' ' $2 ~... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ther2000
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help nawk parse file

Hello, Hope you are doing fine. I have a file in following format. I only want to process the data inside the section that comes after #DATE,CODE,VALUE #ITEMS WITH CORRECTIONS ....... #DATE,CODE,VALUE 2011-08-02, ID1, 0.30 2011-08-02, ID2, 0.40 2011-08-02, ID3, 0.50 ...... Means... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srattani
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Problem - nawk out of space in tostring on

Hi.. i am running nawk scripts on solaris system to get records of file1 not in file2 and find duplicate records in a while with the following scripts -compare nawk 'NR==FNR{a++;next;} !a {print"line"FNR $0}' file1 file2duplicate - nawk '{a++}END{for(i in a){if(a-1)print i,a}}' file1in the middle... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of -r, grep, nawk in script

Hello Friends, I am new to unix shell, need to understand the meaning of few cmds in below script, #!/usr/bin/ksh FTP_FILE_NAME="$1" if then grep "TRLR@@@@@@" $FTP_FILE_NAME | nawk -F"" '{print $2}' else echo "0" fi what is the use of -r, grep, nawk & -F in above script. Why... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DK2014
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk command to output in var

Hi I have this command, which counts number of lines in a specific file and then prints it on screen.nawk 'NF{c++}END{print "Number of GPS coordinates in file: "c}' $filename I would like to have the output put into a variable, but can't seem to find the correct argument for it. How do I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulleteyedk
3 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)