Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: deleting lines in a log file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting deleting lines in a log file Post 302507571 by matze on Thursday 24th of March 2011 08:31:42 AM
Old 03-24-2011
Hi Franklin52,

thx a lot, it works.

...Damn annoying about myself...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting lines in a log file

Is there an easy way to delete the first so many lines in a log file? like I have a log file that has 10000 lines, i want to just get rid of the first 9000. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting last 2 lines from the file.

Hi I have a file & always I need to remove or delete last 2 lines from that file. So in a file if I have 10 lines then it should return me first 8 lines. Can someone help me? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines in a file

How do I delete all the lines after the line containing text ***DISCLOSURES*** . I want to delete this line too. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachsamir
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting whole lines from a file

I have a file with 65 sets of 35 coordinates, and would like to isolate these coordinates so that I can easily copy the coordinates to another file. The problem is, I've got a 9 line header before each set of coordinates (so each set is 44 lines long). There are a zillion threads out there about... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: red baron
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Deleting lines from a file

How I can delete 100 lines anywhere in a file without opening a file and without renaming the file. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nirgude07
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines in a flat file

Hi Friends I have a flat file which has sentence like "Notice generated". It can be anywhere in the flat file. What I want to do is, I want to delete all the lines which are above sentence "Notice generated". How can I do it. Kindly advice. Anushree (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in deleting lines from the file

Hi All I am not able to delete few line from long file. I have a big file which is of 53998 B in size i want to delete lines starting from 32768 to 53998 and collect remaining file in new file. It is giving exception sed: command garbled: 32768,$countd Please find the sample script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting lines from file

We have a server that logs transactions to a file. I want to write a script that will delete the first 50 lines of the file daily without renameing the file or moving the file. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re: Deleting lines from big file.

Hi, I have a big (2.7 GB) text file. Each lines has '|' saperator to saperate each columns. I want to delete those lines which has text like '|0|0|0|0|0' I tried: sed '/|0|0|0|0|0/d' test.txt Unfortunately, it scans the file but does nothing. file content sample:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipeshvshah
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting selected lines in a file

Hi Guys , I have two files say a1 and a2 having following contents a1 dag wfd a2 dag wfd chire hcm I want to delete only the lines in a2 which are in a1 and final output of a2 should be a2 chire hcm (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_1990
6 Replies
filterlog(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      filterlog(8)

NAME
filterlog - Logs and reports system Correctable Read Data (CRD) memory errors on specific systems. SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/filterlog [-l] [-d crdlog] [-d crdlifetime] [-s crdlength #] [-s crdcount #] [-h] OPTIONS
Logs or filters an entry from stdin. This option is used by the binary event-log daemon, binlogd. Dumps the contents of the CRD log file in text format. Errors shown in the file are those recorded by the system since the last boot. Dumps the CRD lifetime log information in text format. Used to set the CRD interval time in minutes. The default is 24 hours. Used to set the CRD interval count. The default is 50. Prints a list of the command option options defined in this reference page. DESCRIPTION
This utility ensures that only genuine memory errors are reported to system log files on certain system types. The command filterlog is called directly by the binary event-log daemon, binlogd to filter system CRD (memory hardware) errors. CRD errors are logged according to user-definable parameters. If it is determined that a genuine memory problem exists, an entry is passed to binlogd. The error will then be written to the system's error log file and can be notified to the user through DECevent. The filterlog utility uses two variables to determine if a CRD error signifies a genuine memory hardware problem -- crdlength and crdcount. If crdcount number of errors occur during crdlength minutes, an entry is passed to binlogd. The default settings are 50 errors in 24 hours (1440 minutes). The filterlog utility reads the /etc/binlog.conf file to determine what log file should be used to record any events. The default log file is /usr/adm/binary.crdlog. SEE ALSO
Commands: binlogd(8), dia(8) (DECevent) filterlog(8)