Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Getting non unique lines from concatenated files Post 302507561 by pawannoel on Thursday 24th of March 2011 07:49:19 AM
Old 03-24-2011
@Bartus11
THANK YOU VERY MUCH like always. I was expeting part of the previous code to repeat to get to the value of genotype. I need to better understand the loops. Just one question .... why did you use a hash and not just a simple array to hold the values??

Cheers Smilie ... hv a nice day

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lines Concatenated with awk

Hello, I have a bash shell script and I use awk to print certain columns of one file and direct the output to another file. If I do a less or cat on the file it looks correct, but if I email the file and open it with Outlook the lines outputted by awk are concatenated. Here is my awk line:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 files and return the unique lines in first file

Hi, I have 2 files file1 ******** 01-05-09|java.xls| 02-05-08|c.txt| 08-01-09|perl.txt| 01-01-09|oracle.txt| ******** file2 ******** 01-02-09|windows.xls| 02-05-08|c.txt| 01-05-09|java.xls| 08-02-09|perl.txt| 01-01-09|oracle.txt| ******** (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_v4
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

In a huge file, Delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines

Hi All, I have a very huge file (4GB) which has duplicate lines. I want to delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines. Sort, uniq, awk '!x++' are not working as its running out of buffer space. I dont know if this works : I want to read each line of the File in a For Loop, and want to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple files and print unique lines

Hi friends, I have multiple files. For now, let's say I have two of the following style cat 1.txt cat 2.txt output.txt Please note that my files are not sorted and in the output file I need another extra column that says the file from which it is coming. I have more than 100... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
19 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting unique lines from 2 files

hi i have used comm -13 <(sort 1.txt) <(sort 2.txt) option to get the unique lines that are present in file 2 but not in file 1. but some how i am getting the entire file 2. i would expect few but not all uncommon lines fro my dat. is there anything wrong with the way i used the command? my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 files and return unique lines in each file (based on condition)

hi my problem is little complicated one. i have 2 files which appear like this file 1 abbsss:aa:22:34:as akl abc 1234 mkilll:as:ss:23:qs asc abc 0987 mlopii:cd:wq:24:as asd abc 7866 file2 lkoaa:as:24:32:sa alk abc 3245 lkmo:as:34:43:qs qsa abc 0987 kloia:ds:45:56:sa acq abc 7805 i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only lines where fields concatenated match strings

Hello everyone, Maybe somebody could help me with an awk script. I have this input (field separator is comma ","): 547894982,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900027,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900023,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,54,3,1,1 234900028,M|H|J,S|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900030,M|N|J,U|F|P,98,101,0,1,1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Look up 2 files and print the concatenated output

file 1 Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="1234" Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="1344" Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="1124" .. .. .. .. Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="8901" file 2 Sun Mar 17 00:02:47 2013 1234 execute SUCCEEDED Sun Mar 17... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
24 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print unique lines without sort or unique

I would like to print unique lines without sort or unique. Unfortunately the server I am working on does not have sort or unique. I have not been able to contact the administrator of the server to ask him to add it for several weeks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print number of lines for files in directory, also print number of unique lines

I have a directory of files, I can show the number of lines in each file and order them from lowest to highest with: wc -l *|sort 15263 Image.txt 16401 reference.txt 40459 richtexteditor.txt How can I also print the number of unique lines in each file? 15263 1401 Image.txt 16401... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
15 Replies
Bio::PopGen::PopulationI(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Bio::PopGen::PopulationI(3pm)

NAME
Bio::PopGen::PopulationI - Interface for Populations SYNOPSIS
# Get Bio::PopGen::PopulationI object somehow, like # from Bio::Population::Population print "name is ", $population->name(), " "; print "source is ", $population->source(), " "; print "description is ", $population->description(), " "; print "For marker $markername: "; foreach my $genotype ( $population->get_Genotypes(-marker => $markername) ) { print "Individual ", $genotype->individual_id, " genotype alleles are ", join(',', $genotype->get_Alleles()), " "; } # get a marker with allele frequencies calculated from the population my $marker = $population->get_Marker($markername); my %af = $marker->get_Allele_Frequencies; foreach my $allele ( keys %af ) { print "$allele $af{$allele} "; } DESCRIPTION
This interface describes the basics of a population. One can use this object to get the genotypes of specific individuals, only those individuals which have a certain marker, or create a marker with allele frequency information. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via email or the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Jason Stajich Email jason-at-bioperl.org CONTRIBUTORS
Matthew Hahn, matthew.hahn-at-duke.edu APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ name Title : name Usage : my $name = $pop->name Function: Get the population name Returns : string representing population name Args : [optional] string representing population name description Title : description Usage : my $description = $pop->description Function: Get the population description Returns : string representing population description Args : [optional] string representing population description source Title : source Usage : my $source = $pop->source Function: Get the population source Returns : string representing population source Args : [optional] string representing population source annotation Title : annotation Usage : my $annotation_collection = $pop->annotation; Function: Get/set a Bio::AnnotationCollectionI for this population Returns : Bio::AnnotationCollectionI object Args : [optional set] Bio::AnnotationCollectionI object get_Individuals Title : get_Individuals Usage : my @inds = $pop->get_Individuals(); Function: Return the individuals, alternatively restrict by a criteria Returns : Array of L<Bio::PopGen::IndividualI> objects Args : none if want all the individuals OR, -unique_id => To get an individual with a specific id -marker => To only get individuals which have a genotype specific for a specific marker name get_Genotypes Title : get_Genotypes Usage : my @genotypes = $pop->get_Genotypes(-marker => $name) Function: Get the genotypes for all the individuals for a specific marker name Returns : Array of L<Bio::PopGen::GenotypeI> objects Args : -marker => name of the marker get_Marker Title : get_Marker Usage : my $marker = $population->get_Marker($name) Function: Get a Bio::PopGen::Marker object based on this population Returns : L<Bio::PopGen::MarkerI> object Args : name of the marker get_marker_names Title : get_marker_names Usage : my @names = $pop->get_marker_names; Function: Get the names of the markers Returns : Array of strings Args : none get_Markers Title : get_Markers Usage : my @markers = $pop->get_Markers(); Function: Will retrieve a list of instantiated MarkerI objects for a population. This is a convience method combining get_marker_names with get_Marker Returns : List of array of Bio::PopGen::MarkerI objects Args : none get_number_individuals Title : get_number_individuals Usage : my $count = $pop->get_number_individuals; Function: Get the count of the number of individuals Returns : integer >= 0 Args : [optional] marker name, will return a count of the number of individuals which have this marker perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::PopGen::PopulationI(3pm)