Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Do You Own a Kindle?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Do You Own a Kindle? Post 302507478 by ni2 on Thursday 24th of March 2011 02:12:20 AM
Old 03-24-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJackson
Is it specifically the Kindle that you object to? Because it's proprietary? Because of Amazon's control? Privacy?

Or do you object to ereaders (Sony Reader, Nook, etc.) in general?
No. I have nothing against the Kindle. I read ebooks on my computer. Personally, I do not see the need for an ebook of any brand. I would rather get a smart phone that lets me read ebooks. That way I have a device that serves more than one purpose.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Hardware

Forcing Linux to keep charging my Kindle

Linux seems to have weird USB power saving features, my Kindle 3 only gets some charge before Linux powers down the USB port. When the device is mounted, it doesn't get enough power, with this same hardware under Windows I don't get the message on the Kindle "currently your kindle is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
2 Replies
vala-gen-project(1)						   USER COMMANDS					       vala-gen-project(1)

NAME
vala-gen-project - generate the and automake skeleton for your vala project SYNOPSIS
vala-gen-project [OPTION...] [NAME] DESCRIPTION
Vala project generator is a little gui or command line utility that creates an automake project skeletoni vala program. It can be used without specifying a project name, so that a gtk+ gui will be presented or directly from the command line. OPTIONS
-?, --help Show help options -p, --projectdir=DIRECTORY Project directory -t, --type=TYPE Project TYPE: gtk+, console -l, --license=TYPE License TYPE: gpl2, gpl3, lgpl2, lgpl2.1, lgpl3, apache2, artistic --version Display version number -a, --author=NAME Author name -e, --email=EMAIL Author email address EXAMPLES
Create a gtk+ project with a gpl2 license and the name valatest vala-gen-project -t gtk+ -l gpl2 valatest EXIT STATUS
vala-gen-project returns a zero exist status if it succeed. Non zero is returned in case of failure. AUTHOR
Andrea Del Signore (sejerpz (at) tin.it) SEE ALSO
valac(1) version 0.1.0 December 24, 2008 vala-gen-project(1)