Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems coping a file in a shl script Post 302507440 by acmvillareal on Wednesday 23rd of March 2011 10:05:02 PM
Old 03-23-2011
Code:
SCRIPT_PATH="/u01/app/banner/test/skid/plus/"
FILE_PATH="/nfs/mercury/u03/banner/test/skid/log/"
LIST_FILE_PATH="/u01/banjobs/TEST/"
SCRIPT_NAME="szpcal1.sql"
FILE_NAME="new_applicant_list"

FILE_NAME=`find ${FILE_PATH}${FILE_NAME}*`
echo "cp ${FILE_NAME} ${LIST_FILE_PATH}${FILE_NAME}" > /u01/scott/scott.txt
cp ${FILE_NAME} ${LIST_FILE_PATH}${FILE_NAME}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having problems copying a file from a script

Hello. Complete newbie over here, and I'm hoping you can help me out with this problem. The script copies a file to a directory within my home dir. Permissions are ok and the source file exists. If I execute the cp command from the command line or hardcode the path/file name, it works. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdugan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shl script capture a file

need to be able to capture a file with the following conditions: The filenames are, for example, 3526_332840.dat, where 3526 is constant, and 332840 is a sequential number which is always a couple hundred greater than the previous day's file. I want to be able to change this script to acoomplish... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rechever
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress bar while coping a file needed.

Hi guys I want to create a script which will show the amount of data that is been copied from one location to another location. For example: Say i have a file called abc.img which is approximately 4 gb of size therfore everytime i copy the file from one location to another i want a progress bar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file (one record) in a SHL script

I am trying to read a file in a shl script (only one record) and stored in a variable file_number I got the following read -u $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat file_number file_number2 = $file_number + 1 echo $file_number2 > $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat EOF It is not working... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming a file use another file as a sequence calling a shl

have this shl that will FTP a file from the a directory in windows to UNIX, It get the name of the file stored in this variable $UpLoadFileName then put in the local directory LocalDir="${MPATH}/xxxxx/dat_files" that part seems to be working, but then I need to take that file and rename, I am using... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

This code works in the command line but not in a shl script

When I run this code from the command line works spinel.middlebury.edu:/u02/sct/banner/bandev2/middlebury/shl:DEV2$ ls ef* eftseq.dat spinel.middlebury.edu:/u02/sct/banner/bandev2/middlebury/shl:DEV2$ file_seq=$( < eftseq.dat) ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

last file in a directory in a shl script

I want to capture a last file in a directory in a shl scrip Cd to the directory $last ls -1 *the_bills.dat* | tail -1 This is not problem, but I need to copy that file to another directory, but in order to be able to copy to that directory, I need to su in unix, I am sure my sistem... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

gzip and encrypted in a shl script

After I move the file to a directory, I need to gzip and encrypted. I never do this in a shl script, I do it from the command line and it works.. cd /home/nelnet spinel:/home/nelnet$ gpg -e 2010_11_07_05_11_xxxxxx_bills.dat.gz `/home/nelnet/.gnupg/gpg.conf' `/home/nelnet/.gnupg/gpg.conf'... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to decrypt a file in a directory (SHL script)

I need to decrypt a file in a directory, I need to write a shl scrip & cron job How I find the files in the directory: the file is like this: dailypayments_sfs_payment_201011151800.dat -d The decrypt command: gpg -o dailypayments_sfs_payment_201011151800.dat -d 20101115 (the date... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp bash script appends to file using cron instead of coping new file

I have a bash script that is running a mysql query and creating a csv file with a time stamp. It then uploads that to a ftp server. Everything works great when I manually run it. But then I have a cron job set to run every monday, wednesday and friday at 5am est. When the cron job runs, it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: akallenberger
7 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux