Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How big is the AIX market?
Operating Systems AIX How big is the AIX market? Post 302507432 by zxmaus on Wednesday 23rd of March 2011 09:03:18 PM
Old 03-23-2011
Hi,
according to Gartner, AIX had in 2008 a marketshare of 38% and grows by about 4% per year while both solaris and hpux are declining. They expect AIX to cross the 50% some time this year - how many boxes really are out there is hard to say as the big machines like a 780 or 795 could easily host well over a hundred lpars each.

Regards
zxmaus
This User Gave Thanks to zxmaus For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view a big file(143M big)

1 . Thanks everyone who read the post first. 2 . I have a log file which size is 143M , I can not use vi open it .I can not use xedit open it too. How to view it ? If I want to view 200-300 ,how can I implement it 3 . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

2. AIX

How big is AIX installed base (i.e. number of deployed systems)?

Hi, Just wondered if anyone knows the approximate size of the AIX installed base, i.e. number of machines running out there. I'm expecting a figure of less than a million. There seems to be a lack of info on the web. Presumably only IBM know for sure! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How big is too big a config.log file?

I have a 5000 line config.log file with several "maybe" errors. Any reccomendations on finding solvable problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedLotsofHelp
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New bee in the market.

Hi everyone , I'm a fresh graduate in computer science ,looking to make career in the field of unix.Being fresher i'm bit frustrated since i havnt got any good opurtunities or a break into the field:mad:.I'm reading books on unix and practicing the commands on ubuntu from past 7 months and still... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy666
4 Replies
VTF2PROFILE(1)							       Tools							    VTF2PROFILE(1)

NAME
vtf2profile - Generate a TAU profile set from a vampir trace file SYNOPSIS
vtf2profile [-p profile] [-i interval_start interval_end] [-c] [-h] {-f tracefile} DESCRIPTION
vtf2profile is created when TAU is configured with the -vtf=<vtf_dir> option. This tool converts a VTF trace file (*.vpt) to a tau profile set (profile.A.B.C where A, B and C are the node, context and thread numbers respectively). The vtf file to be read is specified in the command line by the -f flag followed by the file's location. The VTF tracefile specified may be in gzipped form, eg app.vpt.gz. -p is similarly used to specify the relative path to the directory where the profile files should be stored. If no output directory is specified the current directory will be used. A contiguous interval within the vtf file may be selected for conversion by using the -i flag followed by two integers, representing the timestamp of the start and end of the desired interval respectively. The entire vtf file is converted if no interval is given. OPTIONS
-f tracefile -Specify the Vampir tracefile to be converted. -p profile -Specify the location where the profile file(s) should be written. -i interval_start interval_end -Limit the profile produced to the specified interval within the vampir trace file. -c -Opens a command line interface for the program. -h -Displays a help message. EXAMPLES
To convert a vampir tracefile, trace.vpt, to an equivalent TAU profile, use the following: vtf2profile -f trace.vpt To produce a TAU profile in the ./profiles directory representing only the events from the start of the tracefile to timestamp 6000, use: vtf2profile -f trace.vpt -p ./profiles -i 0 6000 SEE ALSO
tau2vtf(1), tau2profile(1) 12/22/2005 VTF2PROFILE(1)