Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Measure thread execution (in C, unix) Post 302507275 by Corona688 on Wednesday 23rd of March 2011 11:12:22 AM
Old 03-23-2011
I'm not quite sure I understand the question. Sorry. Smilie What's the difference between thread time and system time?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU load unit of measure?

If unix says my cpu load is 2.15 exactly what does that mean? --Jason (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mac J
1 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

How to post a new thread (Regarding Unix related doubts) in Unix Forums

How to post a new thread (Regarding Unix related doubts) in Unix Forums. I registered my id but I am unable to post my Questions to Forum. Thanks & Regards, indusri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indusri
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a command to measure compile speed?

Hello Ive written 2 programs in shell and I need to compare their speed (Compile) against one another. what methods could I go about doing this? Is there a feature in shell do accommodate this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darklight
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to measure g++ performance?

I am working on an application with some rather interesting build performance issues. If we build on Solaris/Linux x86/AMD64 the build is rather fast, but it takes more than five times as long on our Solaris Sparc servers (single-threaded builds on the workstations, but multi-threaded on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
5 Replies

5. Solaris

What exactly does 'zpool iostat' measure?

hi there, i'd like to know what exactly zpool's iostat (-v) output measure, especially the writes. Is it only the writes to the ZIL or all writes (including commmits) to the disks? if anyone knows, that'd be helpful roti (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rotunda
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Implementing thread in UNIX

Hi For our load testing , we are using stubs (unix shell script) which send the response to the request coming from the application. As the unix stub is single threaded , it is responding to only one request whereas multiple requests come in parallely. I haven't worked on thread concepts... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jenanee
5 Replies

7. AIX

How to measure waiting time in run queue?

Hello guys, I am doing a performance analysis on one of our psystem. Most of time I am using Nmon analyser to do my trend graph. But I can't find any help with it. We are interesting in the time spend by tasks in Aix run queue. After looking the Aix documentation, I am pessimist to find any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GiiGii
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to measure IOPS?

Hi I have a system running solaris 10, and I intend to use a NetApp as its storage system. The application requires a throughput between the server and the storage 7000 disk IOPS (random IO sustained throughput with response time of 20 mili second and 16k block size). How to make sure that I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Thread Execution Issue . . .

Greetings! I set up a basic threading specimen which does the job:#!/usr/bin/python import threading class a(threading.Thread): def __init__(self): threading.Thread.__init__(self) def run(self): print("thread a finished") class b(threading.Thread): ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
0 Replies
pthread_attr_setdetachstate(3)				     Library Functions Manual				    pthread_attr_setdetachstate(3)

NAME
pthread_attr_setdetachstate - Changes the detachstate attribute in the specified thread attributes object. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_attr_setdetachstate( pthread_attr_t *attr, int detachstate); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: IEEE Std 1003.1c-1995, POSIX System Application Program Interface PARAMETERS
Thread attributes object to be modified. New value for the detachstate attribute. Valid values are as follows: This the default value. Threads are created in "undetached" state. The created thread is detached immediately, before it begins running. DESCRIPTION
This routine changes the detachstate attribute in the thread attributes object specified by the attr argument. The detachstate attribute specifies whether the thread created using the specified thread attributes object is created in a detached state or not. A value of PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE indicates the thread is not detached, and a value of PTHREAD_CREATE_DETACHED indicates the thread is detached. PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE is the default value. Your program cannot use the thread handle (the value of type pthread_t that is returned by the pthread_create(3) routine) for a detached thread because the thread might terminate asynchronously, and a thread ID is not valid after termination. In particular, it is an error to attempt to detach or join with a detached thread. When a thread that has not been detached completes execution, DECthreads retains the state of that thread to allow another thread to join with it. If the thread is detached before it completes execution, DECthreads is free to immediately reclaim the thread's storage and resources. Failing to detach threads that have completed execution can result in wasting resources, so threads should be detached as soon as the program is done with them. If there is no need to use the thread's handle after creation, create the thread initially detached. RETURN VALUES
If an error condition occurs, this routine returns an integer value indicating the type of error. Possible return values are as follows: Successful completion. The detached state attribute is returned in detachstate. The value specified by the attr argument is not a valid thread attributes object or the detachstate argument is invalid. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_attr_init(3), pthread_attr_getdetachstate(3), pthread_create(3), pthread_join(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_attr_setdetachstate(3)