Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking How do delete unwanted characters from lsof? Post 302507170 by LivinFree on Wednesday 23rd of March 2011 01:28:58 AM
Old 03-23-2011
What OS/utility version are you using?

On a GNU/Linux system, I can run this:
Code:
# lsof -Pni4 | grep -c ":22 "
#

In my case, I'm just counting ssh sessions. You can change ":22 " to ":1521 " for your specific need. No need to filter, extract and sort if all you want is a count.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Diff output, unwanted characters

I've got a diff command running in a shell script that writes the ouput to a new file. In the new file there is a ">" at the beginning of each line. The output file is going to be used by another program and that character makes the file useless. What I'm getting in the new file: > 2007-09-27... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scanner248
5 Replies

2. AIX

Delete specific characters

Hi every1 Well i have a list of numbers e.g 12304 13450 01234 00123 14567 what i want is a command to check if the number is starting from 0 and then delete the 0 without doing anything else!!!! any help wud b appreciated!!!!!!!!:( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: masquerer
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to replace unwanted new line characters

Hi how to replace un wanted new line characters. my file contains data like. ramu,sony,"raju \n ravi \n ramya" \n ravi,sarah,"sowmya \n sorry s\ sangam" \n i want replace new line characters in between double coats with single space. for example $ cat input_file ramu,sony,"raju... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghava
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete not readable characters

Hi All, I wanted to delete all the unwanted characters in the string. ie, to delete all the characters which are not alpha numeric values. var1="a./bc" var2='abc/\."123' like to get the output as print var1 abc print var2 abc123 Could you guys help me out pls. Your help is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajilesh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing unwanted characters from a file

i have a file like this 1111_2222#$#$dudgfdk 11111111_343434#$#$334 1111_22222#43445667 i want to remove all those charachetrs from # how can i do this Thank in advance Saravanan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanan71184
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to delete unwanted files!!!

Hi all, i am just a beginner in shell. Need some code for my problem. SCENARIO I have 2 directories. Let A,B. Everyday files from directory A are compressed and moved to B.(already got the script). In directory A abc.doc def.exe ghi.c jkl.pl In directory B abc.tar.gz... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: debu182
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete characters from each line

Hi, I have a file that has data in the following manner, tt_0.00001.dat 123.000 tt_0.00002.dat 124.000 tt_0.00002.dat 125.000 This is consistent for all the entries in the file. I want to delete the 'tt_' and '.dat' from each line. Could anyone please guide me how to do this using awk or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to get rid of unwanted characters

so i have strings such as this: 'postfix/local#2,5#|CRON.*12062.*root.*CMD#2,5#|roice.*NQN1#1,2#|toysprc#1,4#' i need to get rid of the "#" and the numbers between them for each of the strings above. so the desired output should be: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stripping unwanted characters in field

I wrote myself a small little shell script to clean up a file I have issues with. In particular, I am stripping down a fully qualified host/domain name to just the hostname itself. The script works, but from a performance standpoint, it's not very fast and I will be working with large data sets. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete special characters

My sed is not working on deleting the entire special characters and leaving what is necessary.grep connections_per a|sed -e 's/\<\!\-\-//g' INPUT: <!-- <connections_per_instance>1</connections_per_instance> --> <method>HALF</method> <!--... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
10 Replies
OCI_PCONNECT(3) 														   OCI_PCONNECT(3)

oci_pconnect - Connect to an Oracle database using a persistent connection

SYNOPSIS
resource oci_pconnect (string $username, string $password, [string $connection_string], [string $character_set], [int $session_mode]) DESCRIPTION
Creates a persistent connection to an Oracle server and logs on. Persistent connections are cached and re-used between requests, resulting in reduced overhead on each page load; a typical PHP application will have a single persistent connection open against an Oracle server per Apache child process (or PHP FastCGI/CGI process). See the Per- sistent Database Connections section for more information. PARAMETERS
o $username - The Oracle user name. o $password - The password for $username. o $connection_string -Contains the Oracle instance to connect to. It can be an Easy Connect string, or a Connect Name from the tnsnames.ora file, or the name of a local Oracle instance. If not specified, PHP uses environment variables such as TWO_TASK (on Linux) or LOCAL (on Windows) and ORACLE_SID to determine the Oracle instance to connect to. To use the Easy Connect naming method, PHP must be linked with Oracle 10 g or greater Client libraries. The Easy Connect string for Oracle 10 g is of the form: [//]host_name[:port][/ser- vice_name]. From Oracle 11 g, the syntax is: [//]host_name[:port][/service_name][:server_type][/instance_name]. Service names can be found by running the Oracle utility lsnrctl status on the database server machine. The tnsnames.ora file can be in the Oracle Net search path, which includes $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin and /etc. Alternatively set TNS_ADMIN so that $TNS_ADMIN/tnsnames.ora is read. Make sure the web daemon has read access to the file. o $character_set -Determines the character set used by the Oracle Client libraries. The character set does not need to match the character set used by the database. If it doesn't match, Oracle will do its best to convert data to and from the database character set. Depending on the character sets this may not give usable results. Conversion also adds some time overhead. If not specified, the Oracle Client libraries determine a character set from the NLS_LANG environment variable. Passing this parameter can reduce the time taken to connect. o $session_mode -This parameter is available since version PHP 5 (PECL OCI8 1.1) and accepts the following values: OCI_DEFAULT, OCI_SYSOPER and OCI_SYSDBA. If either OCI_SYSOPER or OCI_SYSDBA were specified, this function will try to establish privileged connection using external credentials. Privileged connections are disabled by default. To enable them you need to set oci8.privileged_connect to On. PHP 5.3 (PECL OCI8 1.3.4) introduced the OCI_CRED_EXT mode value. This tells Oracle to use External or OS authentication, which must be configured in the database. The OCI_CRED_EXT flag can only be used with username of "/" and a empty password. oci8.privileged_connect may be On or Off. OCI_CRED_EXT may be combined with the OCI_SYSOPER or OCI_SYSDBA modes. OCI_CRED_EXT is not supported on Windows for security reasons. RETURN VALUES
Returns a connection identifier or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Basic oci_pconnect(3) Example using Easy Connect syntax <?php // Connects to the XE service (i.e. database) on the "localhost" machine $conn = oci_pconnect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); if (!$conn) { $e = oci_error(); trigger_error(htmlentities($e['message'], ENT_QUOTES), E_USER_ERROR); } $stid = oci_parse($conn, 'SELECT * FROM employees'); oci_execute($stid); echo "<table border='1'> "; while ($row = oci_fetch_array($stid, OCI_ASSOC+OCI_RETURN_NULLS)) { echo "<tr> "; foreach ($row as $item) { echo " <td>" . ($item !== null ? htmlentities($item, ENT_QUOTES) : "&nbsp;") . "</td> "; } echo "</tr> "; } echo "</table> "; ?> See oci_connect(3) for further examples of parameter usage. NOTES
Note Starting with PHP 5.1.2 and PECL OCI8 1.1, the lifetime and maximum number of persistent Oracle connections per PHP process can be tuned by setting the following configuration values: oci8.persistent_timeout, oci8.ping_interval and oci8.max_persistent. SEE ALSO
oci_connect(3), oci_new_connect(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_PCONNECT(3)