Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming attach is not a member of ofstream Post 302506975 by Corona688 on Tuesday 22nd of March 2011 11:38:01 AM
Old 03-22-2011
attach() is not a standard member of iostream and never was. You'll have to use a nonstandard extension of some sort to accomplish this. I know how to do this in GNU libc but not solaris...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pine does'nt attach files

Hello All, I am maintaining a server and I use pine as MUA and sendmail as MTA. Suddenly many users in the network face the problem of not being able to attach files using pine. I checked the sendmail.cf file and found a variable "MaxMessageSize = 1000000". Eventhough the message size... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maybemedic
2 Replies

2. AIX

Printers.hpJetDirect.attach

Can someone email me a copy of this file? Our AIX 5 cds are at our hotsite and I need a copy to try a fix on a printer. flyingdutchman1978@gmail.com Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: schism25
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

attach 2 files using mailx

if test.dat is the file cat test.dat|uuencode test.dat|mailx -s "subject" mailid can be used for attaching test.dat how can i attach more than one file to a mail using mailx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anumkoshy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to attach a file in a email

Anyone can help me, in Unix, how can I attach a file in the email? Thank (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ting123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can not attach using mailx

hi I know this topic has been discussed a lot in the forum but still couldnt get a exact solution to problem i am facing I have a CSV file genertaed on Unix box and want to be sent to my email . mailx -s "TEST" "xyz@hotmail.com" < 1.csv cat 1.csv | mailx -s "TEST" "xyz@hotmail.com" ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
10 Replies

6. Programming

Porting ofstream attach() in linux gcc

Hi We have a huge codebase in HP-UX and we are porting them in RH-Linux. I am facing the problem of making the following code work in gcc - ofstream ofs; int fd = open(fileName, openState, openMode)); func(fd); ...... ...... const Boolean func(const int fileDescriptor) { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsinha
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with Update on attach

Hi All, Can any-one explain me how update on attach works on solaris zones. Here is the situation . I am trying to migrate a zones xx-xxx-xxx from Global zone A to Global zone B. Here is the error message zoneadm is displaying zoneadm: zone 'xx-xx-xxx': ERROR: attempt to downgrade... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
0 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

xm block-attach

Hi guys. I'm studding XEN virtualization with 'The Book Of XEN'. in page 46 it has a statement about how to use xm block-attach command that I don't understand. here is the command: xm block-attach 0 tap:aio:/opt/xen/anthony.img /dev/xvda1 w 0and here is sentence: we are attaching anthony.img... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Metadevice Too Small To Attach

Hi All, I am having trouble with my metadevices and I hope someone can help. when i try to attach my submirror i get the following error: root@xxxx>metattach d31 d21 metattach: tbair1: d21: submirror too small to attach root@xxxx> However, There is a submirror on the other disk which is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-Train
3 Replies

10. Programming

C++, std:ofstream, and controlling an amplifiers mute function

Recently, I updated the unit I am running applications on with a new CODEC and amplifier; the older parts are EOL. There was a bug with the old setup. For some reason, even when a tone was not being generated, you could hear a noise emanating from the speaker when the LCD brightness was on a higher... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
2 Replies
updatemanager(1M)					  System Administration Commands					 updatemanager(1M)

NAME
updatemanager - start the Sun Update Manager application SYNOPSIS
updatemanager DESCRIPTION
The updatemanager command starts the Sun Update Manager application. The Sun Update Manager is a graphical user interface (GUI) that you can use to manage updates and patches on your Solaris system. For more information about using this application, see the Sun Update Manager 1.0 Administration Guide in the Sun Update Connection, System Edition Collection on docs.sun.com. You can also manage updates and patches on the command line by using the smpatch command. See the smpatch(1M) man page. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWupdatemgru | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
smpatch(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 11 Oct 2005 updatemanager(1M)