Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Socket Programming file sending Post 302506857 by andrew.paul on Tuesday 22nd of March 2011 06:35:27 AM
Old 03-22-2011
plugdi could you explain the method more...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Socket Programming socket

Hello, I actually try to make client-server program. I'm using SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.0 and when I try to compile my code (by TELNET) I've got this error : I'm just using this simple code : and I get the same error if I use : If someone can help me, Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soshell
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

socket programming

Hi, I am trying to connect to more than 60 servers to perform some actions remotely. for this I am using ssh2. But its taking lot of time. Though i am running the command in background, still its taking long time to execute.. Any one let me know can we use sockets instead of ssh2 for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
3 Replies

3. Programming

Socket programming in C

Hi, I wanted to write a socket program in C, where I always want my socket connected to the server. i.e i shouldn't get disconnected once i get the response back from the server. I want to work in the connected mode, instead of disconnect and connect. Can somebody please kindly provide me a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharma
3 Replies

4. Programming

Socket Programming Send File

Hello my friends; Look at this 2 program: Client: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> int main ( int agrc, char *argv ) { int Socket; struct sockaddr_in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: htabesh
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Socket programming

in c socket programming, how can I send and received on the same port? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peevish
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hi i need help with socket programming

in socket programming how can i : Create for example 3 blank files, namely: server, client, network •Server: act as servers/provider, will receive all requests from different client •Client: requesters •Network: middle-layer of communication between server & client any tips or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedah160
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Socket programming

my socket program is not working with larger port numbers like more than 60000 , any reason why ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
4 Replies

8. Programming

help me about sending file through socket udp with c in linux

hi, i am newbie of socket. i want to ask some question. if i want to send file from client to server, how do i do? and if i want to send file from server to client, how do i do? any pro help me and if possible, you can post code for an example i need it very much thank you for helping me:)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tung1984
1 Replies

9. Programming

sending http url through http socket programming..

hi am senthil am developing a software to send and receive SMS using HTTP connection first of all am forming a URL and sending that URL to a remote server using my Client Program i send that url through Socket(using Send() Function) if i send more than one URL one by one using the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending http url through http socket programming..

hi am senthil am developing a software to send and receive SMS using HTTP connection first of all am forming a URL and sending that URL to a remote server using my Client Program i send that url through Socket(using Send() Function) if i send more than one URL one by one using the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
4 Replies
explain_fopen_or_die(3) 				     Library Functions Manual					   explain_fopen_or_die(3)

NAME
explain_fopen_or_die - open file and report errors SYNOPSIS
#include <libexplain/fopen.h> FILE *explain_fopen_or_die(const char *pathname, const char *flags); DESCRIPTION
The explain_fopen_or_die() function opens the file whose name is the string pointed to by pathname and associates a stream with it. See fopen(3) for more information. This is a quick and simple way for programs to constitently report file open errors in a consistent and detailed fahion. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion explain_fopen_or_die returns a FILE pointer. If an error occurs, explain_fopen will be called to explain the error, which will be printed onto stderr, and then the process will termi- nate by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE). SEE ALSO
fopen(3) stream open functions explain_fopen(3) explain fopen(3) errors exit(2) terminate the calling process COPYRIGHT
libexplain version 0.52 Copyright (C) 2008 Peter Miller AUTHOR
Written by Peter Miller <pmiller@opensource.org.au> explain_fopen_or_die(3)