Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Socket Programming file sending Post 302506845 by andrew.paul on Tuesday 22nd of March 2011 06:00:55 AM
Old 03-22-2011
Socket Programming file sending

Hello everyone,,
I am doing one socket programming.Is it possible to send one file from client to server without using buffer??.I am sending tar files.

Thanks in Advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Socket Programming socket

Hello, I actually try to make client-server program. I'm using SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.0 and when I try to compile my code (by TELNET) I've got this error : I'm just using this simple code : and I get the same error if I use : If someone can help me, Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soshell
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

socket programming

Hi, I am trying to connect to more than 60 servers to perform some actions remotely. for this I am using ssh2. But its taking lot of time. Though i am running the command in background, still its taking long time to execute.. Any one let me know can we use sockets instead of ssh2 for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
3 Replies

3. Programming

Socket programming in C

Hi, I wanted to write a socket program in C, where I always want my socket connected to the server. i.e i shouldn't get disconnected once i get the response back from the server. I want to work in the connected mode, instead of disconnect and connect. Can somebody please kindly provide me a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharma
3 Replies

4. Programming

Socket Programming Send File

Hello my friends; Look at this 2 program: Client: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> int main ( int agrc, char *argv ) { int Socket; struct sockaddr_in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: htabesh
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Socket programming

in c socket programming, how can I send and received on the same port? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peevish
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hi i need help with socket programming

in socket programming how can i : Create for example 3 blank files, namely: server, client, network •Server: act as servers/provider, will receive all requests from different client •Client: requesters •Network: middle-layer of communication between server & client any tips or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedah160
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Socket programming

my socket program is not working with larger port numbers like more than 60000 , any reason why ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
4 Replies

8. Programming

help me about sending file through socket udp with c in linux

hi, i am newbie of socket. i want to ask some question. if i want to send file from client to server, how do i do? and if i want to send file from server to client, how do i do? any pro help me and if possible, you can post code for an example i need it very much thank you for helping me:)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tung1984
1 Replies

9. Programming

sending http url through http socket programming..

hi am senthil am developing a software to send and receive SMS using HTTP connection first of all am forming a URL and sending that URL to a remote server using my Client Program i send that url through Socket(using Send() Function) if i send more than one URL one by one using the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending http url through http socket programming..

hi am senthil am developing a software to send and receive SMS using HTTP connection first of all am forming a URL and sending that URL to a remote server using my Client Program i send that url through Socket(using Send() Function) if i send more than one URL one by one using the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
4 Replies
CURLOPT_INFILESIZE(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					     CURLOPT_INFILESIZE(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_INFILESIZE - set size of the input file to send off SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_INFILESIZE, long filesize); DESCRIPTION
When uploading a file to a remote site, filesize should be used to tell libcurl what the expected size of the input file is. This value must be passed as a long. See also CURLOPT_INFILESIZE_LARGE(3) for sending files larger than 2GB. For uploading using SCP, this option or CURLOPT_INFILESIZE_LARGE(3) is mandatory. To unset this value again, set it to -1. When sending emails using SMTP, this command can be used to specify the optional SIZE parameter for the MAIL FROM command. This option does not limit how much data libcurl will actually send, as that is controlled entirely by what the read callback returns, but telling one value and sending a different amount may lead to errors. DEFAULT
Unset PROTOCOLS
Many EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { long uploadsize = FILE_SIZE; curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "ftp://example.com/destination.tar.gz"); curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_UPLOAD, 1L); curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_INFILESIZE, uploadsize); curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
SMTP support added in 7.23.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_INFILESIZE_LARGE(3), CURLOPT_UPLOAD(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_INFILESIZE(3)