Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Getting non unique lines from concatenated files Post 302506722 by bartus11 on Monday 21st of March 2011 07:03:59 PM
Old 03-21-2011
After giving it a little thought, I made a little optimisation to that code:
Code:
perl -ne '$h[$.]=$_;END{print sort{(split "=",(split ";",(split "[\t ]+",$a)[8])[2])[1]<=>(split "=",(split ";",(split "[\t ]+",$b)[8])[2])[1]}@h}' file

I replaced hash (associative array) with regular array (@h), as it is enough for this task.
$h[$.]=$_load each line into array @h, indexed by line number
printprint whatever sort function returns
sort{...}@hsort @h array (you have to read about sorting arrays in Perl, as it is too extensive subject for short post)
split "[\t ]+",$asplit first compare pair element, using multiple TABs and spaces as field separator
(split "[\t ]+",$b)[8]take 9th field from array output by that split
(split ";",(split "[\t ]+",$b)[8])[3]split that 9th filed using ";" as separator and take 3rd field from resulting array
(split "=",(split ";",(split "[\t ]+",$b)[8])[2])[1]split that field (now it contains something like: coverage=43) using "=" as separator, and take 2nd field, so basically this whole line cuts value of "coverage" from the line.
The same happens with second compare pair element ($b): (split "=",(split ";",(split "[\t ]+",$b)[8])[2])[1]
When both values have been extracted, the comparison itself can take place, by the means of "<=>" operator. You can read about that operator in "Learning Perl". Basically it is mostly useful inside of "sort" function, to sort the array numerically.
This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lines Concatenated with awk

Hello, I have a bash shell script and I use awk to print certain columns of one file and direct the output to another file. If I do a less or cat on the file it looks correct, but if I email the file and open it with Outlook the lines outputted by awk are concatenated. Here is my awk line:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 files and return the unique lines in first file

Hi, I have 2 files file1 ******** 01-05-09|java.xls| 02-05-08|c.txt| 08-01-09|perl.txt| 01-01-09|oracle.txt| ******** file2 ******** 01-02-09|windows.xls| 02-05-08|c.txt| 01-05-09|java.xls| 08-02-09|perl.txt| 01-01-09|oracle.txt| ******** (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_v4
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

In a huge file, Delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines

Hi All, I have a very huge file (4GB) which has duplicate lines. I want to delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines. Sort, uniq, awk '!x++' are not working as its running out of buffer space. I dont know if this works : I want to read each line of the File in a For Loop, and want to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple files and print unique lines

Hi friends, I have multiple files. For now, let's say I have two of the following style cat 1.txt cat 2.txt output.txt Please note that my files are not sorted and in the output file I need another extra column that says the file from which it is coming. I have more than 100... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
19 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting unique lines from 2 files

hi i have used comm -13 <(sort 1.txt) <(sort 2.txt) option to get the unique lines that are present in file 2 but not in file 1. but some how i am getting the entire file 2. i would expect few but not all uncommon lines fro my dat. is there anything wrong with the way i used the command? my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 files and return unique lines in each file (based on condition)

hi my problem is little complicated one. i have 2 files which appear like this file 1 abbsss:aa:22:34:as akl abc 1234 mkilll:as:ss:23:qs asc abc 0987 mlopii:cd:wq:24:as asd abc 7866 file2 lkoaa:as:24:32:sa alk abc 3245 lkmo:as:34:43:qs qsa abc 0987 kloia:ds:45:56:sa acq abc 7805 i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only lines where fields concatenated match strings

Hello everyone, Maybe somebody could help me with an awk script. I have this input (field separator is comma ","): 547894982,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900027,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900023,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,54,3,1,1 234900028,M|H|J,S|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900030,M|N|J,U|F|P,98,101,0,1,1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Look up 2 files and print the concatenated output

file 1 Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="1234" Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="1344" Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="1124" .. .. .. .. Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="8901" file 2 Sun Mar 17 00:02:47 2013 1234 execute SUCCEEDED Sun Mar 17... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
24 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print unique lines without sort or unique

I would like to print unique lines without sort or unique. Unfortunately the server I am working on does not have sort or unique. I have not been able to contact the administrator of the server to ask him to add it for several weeks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print number of lines for files in directory, also print number of unique lines

I have a directory of files, I can show the number of lines in each file and order them from lowest to highest with: wc -l *|sort 15263 Image.txt 16401 reference.txt 40459 richtexteditor.txt How can I also print the number of unique lines in each file? 15263 1401 Image.txt 16401... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
15 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Component - Base graphical unit DESCRIPTION
A Component is an entity with a graphical representation. SYNOPSIS
my $c = Graphics::Primitive::Component->new({ origin => Geometry::Primitive::Point->new({ x => $x, y => $y }), width => 500, height => 350 }); LIFECYCLE
prepare Most components do the majority of their setup in the prepare. The goal of prepare is to establish it's minimum height and width so that it can be properly positioned by a layout manager. $driver->prepare($comp); layout This is not a method of Component, but a phase introduced by the use of Layout::Manager. If the component is a container then each of it's child components (even the containers) will be positioned according to the minimum height and width determined during prepare. Different layout manager implementations have different rules, so consult the documentation for each for details. After this phase has completed the origin, height and width should be set for all components. $lm->do_layout($comp); finalize This final phase provides and opportunity for the component to do any final changes to it's internals before being passed to a driver for drawing. An example might be a component that draws a fleuron at it's extremities. Since the final height and width isn't known until this phase, it was impossible for it to position these internal components until now. It may even defer creation of this components until now. It is not ok to defer all action to the finalize phase. If you do not establish a minimum hieght and width during prepare then the layout manager may not provide you with enough space to draw. $driver->finalize($comp); draw Handled by Graphics::Primitive::Driver. $driver->draw($comp); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Component. Instance Methods background_color Set this component's background color. border Set this component's border, which should be an instance of Border. callback Optional callback that is fired at the beginning of the "finalize" phase. This allows you to add some sort of custom code that can modify the component just before it is rendered. The only argument is the component itself. Note that changing the position or the dimensions of the component will not re-layout the scene. You may have weird results of you manipulate the component's dimensions here. class Set/Get this component's class, which is an abitrary string. Graphics::Primitive has no internal use for this attribute but provides it for outside use. color Set this component's foreground color. fire_callback Method to execute this component's "callback". get_tree Get a tree for this component. Since components are -- by definiton -- leaf nodes, this tree will only have the one member at it's root. has_callback Predicate that tells if this component has a "callback". height Set this component's height. inside_bounding_box Returns a Rectangle that defines the edges of the 'inside' box for this component. This box is relative to the origin of the component. inside_height Get the height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. inside_width Get the width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. margins Set this component's margins, which should be an instance of Insets. Margins are the space outside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. The margins should be outside the border. maximum_height Set/Get this component's maximum height. Used to inform a layout manager. maximum_width Set/Get this component's maximum width. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_height Set/Get this component's minimum height. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_inside_height Get the minimum height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_inside_width Get the minimum width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_width Set/Get this component's minimum width. Used to inform a layout manager. name Set this component's name. This is not required, but may inform consumers of a component. Pay attention to that library's documentation. origin Set/Get the origin point for this component. outside_height Get the height consumed by padding, margin and borders. outside_width Get the width consumed by padding, margin and borders. finalize Method provided to give component one last opportunity to put it's contents into the provided space. Called after prepare. padding Set this component's padding, which should be an instance of Insets. Padding is the space inside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. This padding should be between the border and the component's content. page If true then this component represents stand-alone page. This informs the driver that this component (and any children) are to be renderered on a single surface. This only really makes sense in formats that have pages such as PDF of PostScript. prepare Method to prepare this component for drawing. This is an empty sub and is meant to be overridden by a specific implementation. preferred_height Set/Get this component's preferred height. Used to inform a layout manager. preferred_width Set/Get this component's preferred width. Used to inform a layout manager. to_string Get a string representation of this component in the form of: $name $x,$y ($widthx$height) visible Set/Get this component's visible flag. width Set/Get this component's width. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-geometry-primitive at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2009 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-06-02 Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)