Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: for i in range ksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting for i in range ksh Post 302506690 by tapia on Monday 21st of March 2011 04:06:32 PM
Old 03-21-2011
Thanks a lot for prompt reply

I changed the code according it.

Code:
l_start_snapid=$3
let l_end_snapid=$4-1
i=l_start_snapid
while [ $i -lt l_end_snapid ]
do
let l_next_snapid=$i+1;
l_awr_log_file="/u01/app/awr/awrrpt_${2}_${i}_${l_next_snapid}.log"
sqlplus -s / as sysdba << EOC
set head off
set pages 0
set lines 132
set echo off
set feedback off
spool $l_awr_log_file
SELECT
output
FROM
TABLE
(dbms_workload_repository.awr_report_text
($l_dbid,$l_instid,$i,$l_next_snapid)
);
spool off
EOC
let i+1
done

=======================================
but got it below error. i is not getting export. ???

Code:
(2529181125,1,l_start_snapid,7)
ERROR at line 6:
ORA-00904: "L_START_SNAPID": invalid identifier

Last edited by vgersh99; 03-21-2011 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: once AGAIN - please use code tags!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subscipt out of range - Error (ksh)

Folks, I have peculiar kind of error. my script goes like cat inputfile> while read param do Array=$param y=`expr $y + 1` done When i run script passing very large input file. script abends in the middle of execution saying "ksh: script... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharifhere
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

import var and function from ksh script to another ksh script

Ih all, i have multiples ksh scripts for crontab's unix jobs they all have same variables declarations and some similar functions i would have a only single script file to declare my variables, like: var1= "aaa" var2= "bbb" var3= "ccc" ... function ab { ...} function bc { ... }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print range between two patterns if it contains a pattern within the range

I want to print between the range two patterns if a particular pattern is present in between the two patterns. I am new to Unix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. e.g. Pattern1 Bombay Calcutta Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1 Patna Madras Gwalior Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

range in if using awk

Hi All, I would like to assign the following values to each column in my file. if $i is between 1 and -1 (ie -1 < $i < 1) then print A; if $i is between -2 and -1 && 1 and 2 (ie. -2 < $i < -1 && 1 < $i < 2) then print B; if $i is between -3 and -2 && 2 and 3 (ie. -3 < $i < -2 && 2 < $i < 3)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fredrick
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference Between executing llike ./myscript.ksh and . ./myscript.ksh

Hi , What is the diffence between executing the script like ./myscript.ksh . ./myscript.ksh I have found 2 difference but could not find the reason 1. If i export a variable in myscript.ksh and execute it like . ./myscript.ksh the i can access the other scripts that are present in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

different behaviour for ksh and ksh -x

I'm getting different behaviour when executing below script in debug option. $ cat ss.ksh ff=$(pwd) echo " ff : $ff" $ ksh ss.ksh ff : /tmp $ ksh -x ss.ksh + + pwd ff= + echo ff : ff : I was getting this behaviour in my actuall script i'm able to reproduce this in simple script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckybalaji
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Classify value to a range

Dear All, I need to classify my data into sets or ranges based on values in the second column of a file as - low medium and high. INPUT: file1.dat 1.tmp 1.03 2.tmp 0.38 3.tmp 3.23 4.tmp 1.34 I would like to classify all the numerical values into a range based on the followng... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chen.xiao.po
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with ksh script to list, then cp files from a user input date range

Hi, I'm quite new to ksh scripting, can someone help me with this. Requirements: I need to create a script that list the files from a user input date range. e. g. format of file: *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chococrunch6
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

IP Range Assigning

Hi All, I'm a bit confused about assigning IP address from IP Ranges. I am using this scenario below to understand. Scenario Adatum.com an international IT solutions company, is launching 12 new branches in a new country where they currently have no existing branches. The sWin CIO has asked... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TryllZ
3 Replies
TNTNET-CONFIG(1)					      General Commands Manual						  TNTNET-CONFIG(1)

NAME
tntnet-config - output compiler flags for tntnet usage SYNOPSIS
tntnet-config [--libs] [--cxxflags] [--config[=app]] [--makefile[=app]] [--project=app] [--autoproject=app] [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the tntnet-config command. OPTIONS
This program's options start with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --libs Output linker flags. --cxxflags Output C++ preprocessor and compiler flags. --config[=app] Print default configuration file. --makefile[=app] Print a simple makefile for an ecpp project. --project=app Create a simple ecpp project directory. --autoproject=app Create a autotools based ecpp project. --help Show summary of options. --version Show version of program. AUTHOR
tntnet was written by Tommi Makitalo <tommi@tntnet.org>. This manual page was written by Kari Pahula <kaol@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
tntnet(8), ecppc(1), ecppl(1), ecppll(1). More documentation can be found in /usr/share/doc/tntnet-doc/. July 3, 2006 TNTNET-CONFIG(1)