Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting hp-unix stat command to get last change date of file Post 302506637 by jim mcnamara on Monday 21st of March 2011 12:36:20 PM
Old 03-21-2011
If you have GNU coretuils installed, then there is a stat command (not a C system call) that works from the command line. Otherwise you have to resort to perl or C.

what does that output of
Code:
which stat

show?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

change country in date command

Currently date command is showing following output (ibm)jhamay:/home/jhamay->date Wed Dec 19 14:19:25 PAKST 2007 I want to change PAKST to IST. I have searched through man pages but didn't find any relevant things.could you all please help me out. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move A File With Same Date,don't Change The Desitination Dir Date

Assume, I created one file three years back and I like to move the file to some other directory with the old date (Creation date)? Is it possible? Explain? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jee.ku2
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format of SED command to change a date

I have a website. I have a directory within it with over a hundred .html files. I need to change a date within every file. I don't have an easy way to find/replace. I need to change 10/31 to 11/30 on every single page at once. I tried the command below but it didn't work. Obviously I don't know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustsawmars
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple file rename (change in filename in unix with single command

Dear All, Please help ! i ham having 300 file with E.G. PMC1_4567.arc in seq. like PMC1_4568.arc,PMC1_4569.arc ...n and so on.. i want all those file to be rename like PMC_4567.arc ,PMC_4568.arc .. mean i want to remove 1 from first file name .. pls help.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: moon_22
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change date format in 'last' command?

hi.. i am new to here. can anybody tell me how can we change the date format in the 'last' command. EX- on running last command i am getting -- rruat pts/12 172.18.40.101 Tue May 3 12:59 still logged in rruat pts/10 blr2-3f-239.asco Tue May 3 12:59 - 13:09 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thearpit
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need file timestamp without stat command

Hi all, I want to check whether a file is not updated in last 15 minutes, for this i need to get timestamp of file, (yyyy:mm:dd:hh:mi:ss). I dont have access to STAT command :(. Please suggest a program or command to do this . Thanks, Saravana (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam_1210
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the date and time format in UNIX script.

Hi, I am extracting a date string from the source file like this : 06/05/2014 16:04:00 I want to change it to 05-JUN-14 04.05.00.000000000 PM I basically store the date in a variable. I got solutions to change date in dd-mmm-yyyy format using tr but I guess it works only with the "date"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varshha
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format change in UNIX .dat file

Hi, I need help to convert the date format in .DAT file in unix. I want to convert 10@@|SWIFT MT568 Extract@@|Apr 14 2014 5:47:52:563PM@@|Apr 14 2014 4:33:47:663PM@@||##| into 10@@|SWIFT MT568 Extract@@|04/14/2014/ 5:47:52:563PM@@|04/14/2014 4:33:47:663PM@@||##| Appreciate... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikengox
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change date format in am/pm in csv files using UNIX

Hi All, I'm new to forum good to hear all. I stuck in converting date format in csv file using unix csv file contains as below ,750,0000000000000000GCJR, ,06/22/2016 14:48:44 I want to convert into as below ,750,0000000000000000GCJR, ,06/22/2016 02:48:44 PM Please reply asap..... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghureds
22 Replies

10. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies
LUA(1)							      General Commands Manual							    LUA(1)

NAME
lua - Lua interpreter SYNOPSIS
lua [ options ] [ script [ args ] ] DESCRIPTION
lua is the stand-alone Lua interpreter. It loads and executes Lua programs, either in textual source form or in precompiled binary form. (Precompiled binaries are output by luac, the Lua compiler.) lua can be used as a batch interpreter and also interactively. The given options (see below) are executed and then the Lua program in file script is loaded and executed. The given args are available to script as strings in a global table named arg. If these arguments contain spaces or other characters special to the shell, then they should be quoted (but note that the quotes will be removed by the shell). The arguments in arg start at 0, which contains the string `script'. The index of the last argument is stored in arg.n. The arguments given in the command line before script, including the name of the interpreter, are available in negative indices in arg. At the very start, before even handling the command line, lua executes the contents of the environment variable LUA_INIT, if it is defined. If the value of LUA_INIT is of the form `@filename', then filename is executed. Otherwise, the string is assumed to be a Lua statement and is executed. Options start with - and are described below. You can use -- to signal the end of options. If no arguments are given, then -v -i is assumed when the standard input is a terminal; otherwise, - is assumed. In interactive mode, lua prompts the user, reads lines from the standard input, and executes them as they are read. If a line does not contain a complete statement, then a secondary prompt is displayed and lines are read until a complete statement is formed or a syntax error is found. So, one way to interrupt the reading of an incomplete statement is to force a syntax error: adding a `;' in the middle of a statement is a sure way of forcing a syntax error (except inside multiline strings and comments; these must be closed explicitly). If a line starts with `=', then lua displays the values of all the expressions in the remainder of the line. The expressions must be separated by commas. The primary prompt is the value of the global variable _PROMPT, if this value is a string; otherwise, the default prompt is used. Similarly, the secondary prompt is the value of the global variable _PROMPT2. So, to change the prompts, set the corresponding variable to a string of your choice. You can do that after calling the interpreter or on the command line with _PROMPT='lua: ', for exam- ple. (Note the need for quotes, because the string contains a space.) The default prompts are ``> '' and ``>> ''. OPTIONS
- load and execute the standard input as a file, that is, not interactively, even when the standard input is a terminal. -e stat execute statement stat. You need to quote stat if it contains spaces, quotes, or other characters special to the shell. -i enter interactive mode after script is executed. -l file call require(file) before executing script. Typically used to load libraries (hence the letter l). -v show version information. -P suppress the creation of a standard LUA_PATH variable. Use this if you need to run scripts which conflict with system-installed libraries. SEE ALSO
luac(1) http://www.lua.org/ DIAGNOSTICS
Error messages should be self explanatory. AUTHORS
R. Ierusalimschy, L. H. de Figueiredo, and W. Celes <lua@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> Debian modifications to the manpage by Daniel Silverstone <dsilvers@debian.org> 2003/04/02 00:05:20 LUA(1)