Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Age of file in storage / disk Post 302506612 by jim mcnamara on Monday 21st of March 2011 11:26:17 AM
Old 03-21-2011
This is a start:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
filedata()
{
   perl -e ' 
    $now = time;
   ($dev,$ino,$mode,$nlink,$uid,$gid,$rdev,$size, $atime,$mtime,$ctime,$blksize,$blocks)= stat($ARGV[0]);
    $elapsed = ($now - $mtime)/ 86400;
    print int($elapsed), " ", $size, "\n";
    ' $1
}
ls $HOME |
while read fname 
do
  filedata $fname
done  | sort -n

you can modify the ls $HOME line to use find:
Code:
find /disk_mountpoint  -type f | 

or maybe a different ls command - I cannot tell exactly what you really want.
disk mountpoints are usually in /etc/mnttab, depending on your OS.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detailed disk usage versus age summary

Hi, I'm posting my question here as I fele that what I am about to try to do must have been done already, and I don't want to re-invent the wheel. I have recently become responsible for monitoring disk space usage for a large file system. I would like to geenrate reports that will summise... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleIdiot
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Disk Storage Need to Add more Disk

Hi, Anyone can help me, just want to confirm, if possible adding a disk storage that we have a RAWDATA with +ASM in our database. If possible, what would you recommend "workaround used" from us to do and the preparation. And also how long the downtime will take. Our disk continuous to grow,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpalero
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

storage disk details

Hi, We have a OEL5.7 installed and which has a storage attached on it. While running application it shows poor performance for Disk IO "dm-0" Now the question is how do I find what exactly is "dm-0" # iostat Linux 2.6.32-100.23.1.el5 03/10/2012 avg-cpu: %user %nice %system... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrshah64
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File representing the hard disk storage device

I want example of a file representing the hard disk storage device In UNIX ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamer11007
6 Replies

5. AIX

Need to know %age disk busy on AIX

Hi , Following alerts are coming for %busy device on a server Disk Device hdisk5 is 100% busy Please assist how do I analyse this and also how do I check the %age busy for hdisk5. Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
4 Replies

6. Linux

Move OS to storage disk

Hi We have RHEL 7.3 running from local disk and we want to move it to storage. I am unable to find any proper procedure to do this activity. Please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerAIX
4 Replies
SYSSTAT(5)							Linux User's Manual							SYSSTAT(5)

NAME
sysstat - sysstat configuration file. DESCRIPTION
This file is read by sa1(8) and sa2(8) shell scripts from the sysstat's set of tools. It consists of a sequence of shell variable assign- ments used to configure sysstat logging. The variables and their meanings are: HISTORY The number of days during which a daily data file or a report should be kept. Data files or reports older than this number of days will be removed by the sa2(8) shell script. COMPRESSAFTER Number of days after which daily data files are to be compressed, either by gzip or bzip2. SADC_OPTIONS Options that should be passed to sadc(8). With these options (see sadc(8) manual page), you can select some additional data which are going to be saved in daily data files. These options are used only when a new data file is created. They will be ignored with an already existing one. FILES
/etc/sysstat/sysstat AUTHOR
Sebastien Godard (sysstat <at> orange.fr) SEE ALSO
sadc(8), sa1(8), sa2(8) http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sebastien.godard/ Linux SEPTEMBER 2010 SYSSTAT(5)