Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Aliases wont work after set command Post 302506596 by ctsgnb on Monday 21st of March 2011 10:16:53 AM
Old 03-21-2011
Why do you want to keep these $@ ?

In which case would you need $@ in you alias that cannot already be handled by the others (those without this $@) ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Netscape Wont work...

Cant Get Netscape to work... I get this messsage: Perhaps there is a problem with your name server? if your site must use a non-root name server, you will need to set the $SOCKS_NS environment variable to point at the appropreate name server. It may (or may not) be necessary to set this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric_Bakken
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

head command wont work on MF file

I am trying to do a head on a mainframe file and on doing ti just gives me a blank screen with nothing on it. however, when i do a tail for the same file...i get a few lines on the screen. i know tht mainframe files have all the records on one line...does this have to do something with this.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Unix] a dos style rename wont work

Hey guys i'm creating a dos style rename script, so if a user types say q14.* as the 1st param and b14.* as the 2nd and will rename all q14 files to b14 but keep the extensions, so i've developed nearly the full script "i think", if i use echo(echo "if $1 had been renamed it would now be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fblade1987
3 Replies

4. Solaris

create command aliases for a user

Hi all, I am using Solaris 10 OS on X86. When I add a new user from command useradd -d /export/home/vikas -m -s /bin/bash vikas files local.cshrc, local.login, local.profile and .profile get copied to my home directory (i.e. /export/home/vikas) from /etc/skel/ Which file I have to change... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

My Wireless Script Wont Work.....anyone??

ive been trying to write a simple (at least i thought it was) script to launch my wireless usb under ubuntu with kde. im using nano. when i run it from a terminal it works fine, but it just wont run from the script. there is a caveat, but first heres the script. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: braze
7 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

AjaxTerm wont work on Mac OS X

just downloaded Ajaxterm-0.10 on my Mac 10.5.8 and after a ./ajaxterm.py i get: AjaxTerm at http://localhost:8022/ which looks ok but as soon i go to the website: ./ajaxterm.py:418: DeprecationWarning: 'I' format requires 0 <= number <= 4294967295 fcntl.ioctl(fd,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berot3
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 commands in script wont work together

For some reason when I run these separately they work but when they are in a script file the second wont: printf "%s\n" "$RANDOM"."$RANDOM" "$RANDOM"."$RANDOM" "$RANDOM"."$RANDOM" "$RANDOM"."$RANDOM" | tee $HOME/bpl/random RANDOM1=$( <$HOME/bpl/random ) Anyone know why? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkohn11
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Creating script - grep wont work?

This is my first script and I wont get it working.. sorry for being a total noob but here it is: #./bin/sh -x echo "1:st argument = $1"; echo "2:nd argument = $2"; grep "$1" "$2" In the terminal I write, for example, su.sh sausage sausage.txt Also tried su.sh "sausage" "sausage.txt" but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prantare
2 Replies

9. Solaris

ALOM wont work when KVM connected to Sun Fire V440 server

Hi, I was asked to connect a KVM screen to a Sun Fire V440 last night so I connected it up but no joy and nothing on the KVM screen. I was told that a reboot may fix the problem so connected to the ALOM and rebooted. On the plus side, the KVM screen now works but I lost the ALOM connection. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy54321
0 Replies

10. Solaris

How to set permanent aliases?

Hi All On my Solaris 10 X86, under my root directory I have a file called Aliases. It is owned by root (root:root) and the user (I mean root) has rwx permissions. In this file I have set some aliases like the following alias a="cd /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppAerver/Profiles" When I run the above... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
0 Replies
alias(4)							   File Formats 							  alias(4)

NAME
alias - alias table file of encoding names SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/iconv/alias DESCRIPTION
This file contains the alias table of encoding names for iconv_open(3C). The format of the alias table is as follows: "%s %s ", <variant encoding name>, <canonical encoding name> The string specified for the variant encoding name is case-insensitive. A line beginning with '#' is treated as a comment. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
iconv(3C), iconv_close(3C), iconv_open(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Oct 2001 alias(4)