Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Single Startup script for Apache/jboss Post 302506464 by Chubler_XL on Monday 21st of March 2011 12:27:07 AM
Old 03-21-2011
Can you supply an active-servers text file for a server running apache, jboss and jon?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

New in Unix, I am adding a line "route add 57.14.y.y 57.14.x.x" every day after rebooting the system. Where can I add the line so during boot up (the system is re-started every day by design (???) the line is executed? (I tried the /etc/rc2.d/S90 but for some reason the line needs to be added... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: texaspanama
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris Startup script for Apache.

I'm running Solaris 5.9 and Apache 2.... I've created a startup script for Apache....but it doesn't work!!! it resides in /etc/init.d and has a link to /etc/rc3.d and if it run it as /etc/init.d/apache_start stop it stops the httpd services and /etc/init.d/apache_start start starts the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
3 Replies

3. AIX

Creating startup service for JBoss

Hello Friends, Does anyone know how to create a startup script for Jboss on IBM AIX 5.3? Please help me, I'd be highly grateful to you... Thanks & Regards, Vinit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpatil6688
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor JBoss web server

Hello All, I need a shell script to monitor JBOSS web server.If the JBOSS web server is down, then the script should send a mail. Please help on this. Regards, Sachin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsachin
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache Startup Fails with PHP Error

Great tins massive! Im Manqoba from Midrand, South Africa... I have installed Apache and PHP on a solaris 9 box, using the packages below: apache-2.2.14-sol9-sparc-local php-5.2.13-sol9-sparc-local After installing the packages I edited my httpd.conf file, to load the php5 module when... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Macarena S.A
10 Replies

6. AIX

startup script

Hi I need the below script to be started whenever I reboot my aix server ? #cat cdbegin /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/bin/cdpmgr -i /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/cfg/cbspsdb01/initparm.cfg Please suggest how to add this to the startup ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recycle Jboss server script

Hello, I need help writing a script to restart our Jboss server when it crashes. I am not very good with scripting but here is the basics. 1) I'm hoping to use KornShell 2) The command to stop the Jboss is "/var/opt/HP/ALM/jboss/bin/run.sh stop" 3) I want to verify the jboss is stopped before... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blogger11
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

I can't quite find a clear answer on how to properly write a start up script. Does anybody have any ideas?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
3 Replies
OPENVT(1)							     Linux 1.x								 OPENVT(1)

NAME
openvt - start a program on a new virtual terminal (VT). SYNOPSIS
openvt [-c vtnumber] [OPTIONS] [--] command DESCRIPTION
openvt will find the first available VT, and run on it the given command with the given command options, standard input, output and error are directed to that terminal. The current search path ($PATH) is used to find the requested command. If no command is specified then the environment variable $SHELL is used. OPTIONS -c, --console=VTNUMBER Use the given VT number and not the first available. Note you must have write access to the supplied VT for this to work; -f, --force Force opening a VT without checking whether it is already in use; -e, --exec Directly execute the given command, without forking. This option is meant for use in /etc/inittab; -s, --switch Switch to the new VT when starting the command. The VT of the new command will be made the new current VT; -u, --user Figure out the owner of the current VT, and run login as that user. Suitable to be called by init. Shouldn't be used with -c or -l; -l, --login Make the command a login shell. A - is prepended to the name of the command to be executed; -v, --verbose Be a bit more verbose; -w, --wait wait for command to complete. If -w and -s are used together then openvt will switch back to the controlling terminal when the com- mand completes; -V, --version print program version and exit; -h, --help show this text and exit. -- end of options to openvt. NOTE
If openvt is compiled with a getopt_long() and you wish to set options to the command to be run, then you must supply the end of options -- flag before the command. EXAMPLES
openvt can be used to start a shell on the next free VT, by using the command: openvt bash To start the shell as a login shell, use: openvt -l bash To get a long listing you must supply the -- separator: openvt -- ls -l HISTORY
Earlier, openvt was called open. It was written by Jon Tombs <jon@gtex02.us.es or jon@robots.ox.ac.uk>. The -w idea is from "sam". SEE ALSO
chvt(1), doshell(8), login(1) 19 Jul 1996 V1.4 OPENVT(1)