Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automatic generate 3D pie Graph Post 302506383 by sheikh76 on Sunday 20th of March 2011 12:45:32 PM
Old 03-20-2011
Automatic generate 3D pie Graph

Hello all,

I need the scripts automatic generate 3D pie Graph. What I have now is as below:

Run at terminal by $ CMD R BATCH graph.R
# 3D Exploded Pie Chart
library(plotrix)
slices <- c(20, 15, 4, 15, 8)
lbls <- c("Media", "Document", "DB", "Others", "Available")
pct <- round(slices/sum(slices)*100)
lbls <- paste(lbls, pct) # add percents to labels
lbls <- paste(lbls,"%",sep="") # ad % to labels
pie3D(slices,labels=lbls,explode=0.1,
main="Storage Profiler ")
But the problem is I need to key in manually in this scripts. For example at:

slices <- c(20, 15, 4, 15, 8)
lbls <- c("Media", "Document", "DB", "Others", "Available")
How about this scripts will read the data from *.csv file

Sample of CSV:

Media,20
Document,15
DB,4
Others,15
Available,8

Last edited by sheikh76; 03-20-2011 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: Forget to do code

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to generate graph from flat file by using unix script

Hi, I need to generate graph from the text file in Unix server. The file contains the following data, Fri Feb 03 07:01:00 PST 2012|3325 Fri Feb 03 07:02:00 PST 2012|3349 Fri Feb 03 07:03:00 PST 2012|3290 Fri Feb 03 07:04:00 PST 2012|3496 Fri Feb 03 07:05:00 PST 2012|3362 Fri Feb 03 07:06:00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkn
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to generate graph in unix?

Hi Friends, I need to generate a graph in on the basis of data available in csv file in unix. Please let me know how to generate the graph. Thanks Mayank (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayank2211
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Pie Chart/Bar Graph in microsoft outlook email using UNIX commands/Shell scripts

I have a shell script which executes to write html codes into a text file. My next step is to email the text file so that receiving person (people who i send email to) should be able to see pie/chart or bar graph (whatever i design in my code) in their email. Following is the example of a sample... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikerboy
7 Replies
Chart::Clicker::Renderer::Pie(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Chart::Clicker::Renderer::Pie(3pm)

NAME
Chart::Clicker::Renderer::Pie - Pie renderer VERSION
version 2.83 SYNOPSIS
my $pier = Chart::Clicker::Renderer::Pie->new; # Optionally set the stroke width $pier->brush->width(2); DESCRIPTION
Chart::Clicker::Renderer::Pie renders a dataset as slices of a pie. The keys of like-named Series are totaled and keys are ignored. So for a dataset like: my $series = Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new( keys => [ 1, 2, 3 ], values => [ 1, 2, 3], ); my $series2 = Chart::Clicker::Data::Series->new( keys => [ 1, 2, 3], values => [ 1, 1, 1 ], ); The keys are discarded and a pie chart will be drawn with $series' slice at 66% (1 + 2 + 3 = 6) and $series2's at 33% (1 + 1 + 1 = 3). ATTRIBUTES
ATTRIBUTES
border_color Set/Get the color to use for the border. brush Set/Get a brush to be used for the pie's border. gradient_color If supplied, specifies a color to mix with each slice's color for use as a radial gradient. The best results are usually gotten from mixing with a white or black and manipulating the alpha, like so: $ren->gradient_color( Graphics::Color::RGB->new(red => 1, green => 1, blue => 1, alpha => .3) ); The above will cause each generated color to fade toward a lighter version of itself. Adjust the alpha to increase or decrease the effect. brush Set/Get whether or not the gradient is to be reversed. starting_angle Set/Get a starting angle for the gradient. AUTHOR
Cory G Watson <gphat@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Cold Hard Code, LLC. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-22 Chart::Clicker::Renderer::Pie(3pm)