Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Slow Perl script: how to speed up? Post 302506325 by gimley on Sunday 20th of March 2011 02:41:00 AM
Old 03-20-2011
Dear pravin27,
It runs very fast. As far as I can see there are no false positives. I'll check and get back only if there are no false positives.
I also understood the logic which speeds it up.
Many thanks for your kindness.
Gimley

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network speed is slow

Hello, everyone: i encounter a problem these days , pls help me ,thanks in advance. my env: machine: ES40 A ES40 B os: true64 Unix 4.0f note: src.tar 8M network card speed 100M my problem: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimize/speed-up perl extraction

Hi, Is there a way I can extract my data faster. You know my data is 1.2 GB text file with 8Million rows with 38 columns/fields. Imagine how huge this is. How I can optimized the data extraction using perl. That is why I'm creating a script to filter only those informations that I need. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

speed test +20,000 file existance checks too slow

Need to make a very fast file existence checker. Passing in 20-50K num of files In the code below ${file} is a file with a listing of +20,000 files. test_speed is the script. I am commenting out the results of <time test_speed try>. The normal "test -f" is much much too slow when a system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nullwhat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Speed up this script!

I have a script that processes a fair amount of data -- say, 25-50 megs per run. I'd like ideas on speeding it up. The code is actually just a preprocessor -- I'm using another language to do the heavy lifting. But as it happens, the preprocessing takes much more time than the final processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
3 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

data from blktrace: read speed V.S. write speed

I analysed disk performance with blktrace and get some data: read: 8,3 4 2141 2.882115217 3342 Q R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2142 2.882116411 3342 G R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2144 2.882117647 3342 I R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2145 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: W.C.C
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl slow to login.

I have some sample code that's supposed to ssh to another machine using Net::SSH::Perl, execute a command, and print the output of that command. It's very basic, and it works. However, I noticed that upon logging in: $ssh->login('username','password'); It takes roughly 10-13 seconds to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i speed this script up?

Hi, Im quite new to scripting and would like a bit of assistance with trying to speed up the following script. At the moment it is quite slow.... Any way to improve it? total=111120 while do total=`expr $total + 1` INCREMENT=$total firstline = "blablabla" secondline = "blablabla"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: brunlea
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with speed up this script

hey guys i have a perl script wich use to compare hashes but it tookes a long time to do that so i wich i will have the soulition to do it soo fast he is the code <redacted> (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benga
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Rsync quite slow (using very little cpu): how to improve its speed?

I have "inherited" a OmniOS (illumos based) server. I noticed rsync is significantly slower in respect to my reference, FreeBSD 12-CURRENT, running on exactly same hardware. Using same hardware, same command with same source and target disks, OmniOS r151026 gives: test@omniosce:~# time... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyadarshan
11 Replies