Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cp not dealing with variable properly? please help Post 302506262 by orochinagi on Saturday 19th of March 2011 03:41:58 PM
Old 03-19-2011
cp not dealing with variable properly? please help

I am having trouble with a script that is supposed to :

a)take all the jpg pictures in a given directory/parameter and create thumbnails of it in a directory on the desktop.

e.g
from /here/are/the/files.jpg to ~/Desktop/parser-the/files.png

this is my script: all the individual parts work but it falls apart when i put them together Smilie any help would be appreciated Smilie

Code:
  for picturesource in $(ls ${1}/*.[jJ][pP][gG])
                do
                        echo this is the picturesource $picturesource;
                        destination=~/Desktop/parser-"${picturesource}";
                        echo this is the destination $destination;
                        /bin/cp -Rf ${picturesource} ${destination}  && echo cp done ;
                        basenames=`basename ${destination}`;
                        echo this is basename $basenames;
                        echo eval="convert -thumbnail 137 $picturesource ${destination}.png" && echo eval and it goes here $destination;
                        ls ~/Desktop/parser* && echo now listing files in the folder
                        sleep 1
                done

Heres the output:

Code:
this is the picturesource test/hdgef.jpg
this is the destination /home/arbutt1/Desktop/parser-test/hdgef.jpg
/bin/cp: cannot create regular file `/home/arbutt1/Desktop/parser-test/hdgef.jpg': No such file or directory
this is basename hdgef.jpg
eval=convert -thumbnail 137 test/hdgef.jpg /home/arbutt1/Desktop/parser-test/hdgef.jpg.png
eval and it goes here /home/arbutt1/Desktop/parser-test/hdgef.jpg
/home/arbutt1/Desktop/parser-
now listing files in the folder

any help would be extremely appreciated Smilie

Last edited by orochinagi; 03-19-2011 at 05:22 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in dealing with arra

I am readinga file lin by line and based craeting a arry of unique elemenst from the second column of the line. However when i coem out of the while loop my array becomes empty , can eny one tell me what I would be doing wrong #!/bin/bash logfile="./mylog.dat" begin=100 end="$(( $begin +... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dealing with log files

Hi , My requirement is that i need to search for a number of strings in a log file and print them with line numbers.The search should be date wise. The sample log file is : Jan 17 02:45:34 srim6165 MQSIv500: (UKBRKR1P_B.LZ_ BENCHMARKS)BIP2648E: Message backed out to a queue; node... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charudpss
6 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

webinject - dealing with popups

Hello We have a webapp that launches a link in a popup. We need to use webinject to check the content of that popup but have been so far unsuccessful. We use webinject as a nagios plugin. Does anyone have any experience of using/configuring webinject and know if this is possible or not? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skewbie
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: pattern not properly stored in variable?

Hey there, I have a table of contents file of the form 1 Title1 1.1 Subtitle1 1.1.1 Subsubtitle1 1.1.2 Subsubtitle2 ... and want to count the number of dots in the first field to find out the level of the section. I use the gsub function for the job, which works if I pass the pattern... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: herrsimon
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dealing with files with spaces in the name

Hello, I'm a computer science major and I'm having problems dealing with file names with spaces in them. Particularly I'm saving a file name in a variable and then using the variable in a compare function i.e. a='te xt.txt' b='file2.txt' cmp $a $b If anyone could help me with this particular... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakethegreycat
10 Replies

6. Programming

Need help with Card Dealing Program

I'm currently making a card dealing program, it is suppose to display a list of cards like this: "Ace of Heart, is red" "Two of Heart, is red" . . "Ace of Spade, is black" and so on for all suits and numbers. here is my current code: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Izzy123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable option not properly recognized

I'm creating a junk script which utilizes either -l or -p to list files or remove files, respectively, in the junk directory. When I run this code, inputting '-p' is unrecognized through the whole if/else block and falls to the last else (echo do nothing). In addition, I switched tests and tested... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haishuva
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dealing with sum

I have file input 1/1/2013 1AS030A 0 1083 CHINA 1/1/2013 1AS030B 0 675 KOREA 1/1/2013 1AS035A 162 662 CHINA 1/1/2013 1AS035B 51 799 INDIA 1/1/2013 1AS035C 0 731 CHINA 1/2/2013 1AS073A 10 1375 KOREA... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dealing with edge-list

I have an edge-list with nodes, edge.txt A B B J J H C A G H G A A C K G I have another file which tells me which of these nodes are important, input.txt G C A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
3 Replies

10. Programming

Dealing with XML comments

I'm writing my own simple XML parser as an experiment. It's a lot more complicated than it's supposed to be. Things supposedly forbidden in XML comments happen all the time in the wild. You're never, ever supposed to find -- inside <!-- xml comments --> but in practice, you don't just find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
2 Replies
JPEGICC(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   JPEGICC(1)

NAME
jpegicc - little cms ICC profile applier for JPEG. SYNOPSIS
jpegicc [options] input.jpg output.jpg DESCRIPTION
lcms is a standalone CMM engine, which deals with the color management. It implements a fast transformation between ICC profiles. jpegicc is little cms ICC profile applier for JPEG. OPTIONS
-b Black point compensation. -c <0,1,2,3> Precalculates transform. (0=Off, 1=Normal, 2=Hi-res, 3=LoRes) [defaults to 1] -g Marks out-of-gamut colors on softproof. -h <0,1,2> Show summary of options and examples. -i profile Input profile (defaults to sRGB). -m <0,1,2,3> SoftProof intent. -n Ignore embedded profile. -p profile Soft proof profile -o profile Output profile (defaults to sRGB). -q <0..100> Output JPEG quality. -t <0,1,2,3> Intent (0=Perceptual, 1=Colorimetric, 2=Saturation, 3=Absolute). -v Verbose. EXAMPLES
To color correct from scanner to sRGB: jpegicc -iscanner.icm in.jpg out.jpg To convert from monitor1 to monitor2: jpegicc -imon1.icm -omon2.icm in.jpg out.jpg To make a CMYK separation: jpegicc -oprinter.icm inrgb.jpg outcmyk.jpg To recover sRGB from a CMYK separation: jpegicc -iprinter.icm incmyk.jpg outrgb.jpg To convert from CIELab ITU/Fax JPEG to sRGB jpegicc -iitufax.icm in.jpg out.jpg NOTES
For suggestions, comments, bug reports etc. send mail to info@littlecms.com. SEE ALSO
tifficc(1), tiffdiff(1), icc2ps(1), icclink(1), icctrans(1), wtpt(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Shiju p. Nair <shiju.p@gmail.com>, for the Debian project. September 30, 2004 JPEGICC(1)