Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How To Run A For Loop In A Remsh? Post 302506242 by LivinFree on Saturday 19th of March 2011 01:33:50 PM
Old 03-19-2011
I'm rather fond of pdsh, which includes pdcp for copying files to/from a large number of nodes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remsh and run script

Help! I'm would like to log in su - within a script an contuine to run the commands within the script. Every time I log in as su - I have to exit for the rest of the script to run! e.g. #!/bin/ksh su - oracle ps -ef |grep som <--- doesn't excute command until I log out su oracle.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bugggg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

The loop does not run as expected

Hi folks, I have the following configuration file: DB_LAYER=NO ADMIN_LAYER=NO RTESUB_LAYER=NO DB_HOST_NAME=tornado ADMIN_HOST_NAME=tornado RTESUB_HOST_NAME=tornado RESPONSE_FILE_SR=/tmp/SR.rsp INSTALL_SR_1=/home/Upgrade_4.7.1/Utilities/Install_SR:Y... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remsh newhost "for loop"

Hi, In ksh how can I execute something like this: remsh newhost "for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do echo file$i; cat file$i; done" I cannot pass the contrl J or enter in th above line which is required by the for loop. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alantang
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remsh inside of while loop

I have a space delimited file containing: hostname OracleSID connectstring I want to loop through the file and execute remsh to check the database processes. cat $filename | while read HOST SID CONNECT do { result=`remsh $HOST "ps -ef | grep pmon_${SID}$| grep -v grep"` if ........ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joettacm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Run AWK via Remsh?

Boy I hope someone can answer this question. I've been beating my head against the wall all day trying to come up with a solution. I have a carrot delimited file that looks like this: ANDERSON^678934^1974^BOB JONES^564564345^1954^ABRAHAM SMITH^47568465^1948^JON If I run this command: awk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Korn0474
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a better way I could have run this loop. (For loop with two variables)

Sorry for such a dreadful title, but I'm not sure how to be more descriptive. I'm hoping some of the more gurutastic out there can take a look at a solution I came up with to a problem, and advice if there are better ways to have gone about it. To make a long story short around 20K pieces of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run it in the loop??

I have this code awk -F, ' { C5+=$5 C6+=$6 C7+=$7 C8+=$8 R=$5+$6+$7+$8 T+=R } { print $0,R } END { print... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the for loop in parallel

I have the below code which runs on multiple databases , but this runs one-after-one. I will need this to run in parallel so that i could save a lot of time. Please help!!! Thanks in advance for Db in `cat /var/opt/oracle/oratab |egrep -v "ASM" |grep -v \# |cut -d\: -f1` do { export... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to run a basic for loop

OS : RHEL 6.1 Shell : Bash I had a similair post on this a few weeks back. But I didn't explain my requirements clearly then. Hence starting a new thread now. I have lots of files in /tmp/stage directory as show below. I want to loop through each files to run a command on each file. I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
8 Replies
GENDERS_GETNODES(3)						    LIBGENDERS						       GENDERS_GETNODES(3)

NAME
genders_getnodes - get nodes from the genders file SYNOPSIS
#include <genders.h> int genders_getnodes(genders_t handle, char *nodes[], int len, const char *attr, const char *val); DESCRIPTION
genders_getnodes() gets the names of nodes in the genders file that have the attribute specified by attr and the value specified by val. The nodes are stored in the list pointed to by nodes. len indicates the number of nodes that can be stored in the list. If attr is NULL, genders_getnodes() returns all the nodes listed in the genders file. If val is NULL, attribute values are ignored. To avoid passing in a list that is not large enough to store all the nodes, genders_getnumnodes(3) should be used to determine the minimum number of elements nodes should be able to store. genders_nodelist_create(3) could be used to create a list that is guaranteed to be large enough to store all of the nodes. RETURN VALUES
On success, the number of nodes stored in nodes is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and an error code is returned in handle. The error code can be retrieved via genders_errnum(3) , and a description of the error code can be retrieved via genders_strerror(3). Error codes are defined in genders.h. ERRORS
GENDERS_ERR_NULLHANDLE The handle parameter is NULL. The genders handle must be created with genders_handle_create(3). GENDERS_ERR_NOTLOADED genders_load_data(3) has not been called to load genders data. GENDERS_ERR_OVERFLOW The list pointed to by nodes is not large enough to store all the nodes. GENDERS_ERR_PARAMETERS An incorrect parameter has been passed in. GENDERS_ERR_NULLPTR A null pointer has been found in the list passed in. GENDERS_ERR_MAGIC handle has an incorrect magic number. handle does not point to a genders handle or handle has been destroyed by genders_han- dle_destroy(3). FILES
/usr/include/genders.h SEE ALSO
libgenders(3), genders_handle_create(3), genders_load_data(3), genders_getnumnodes(3), genders_nodelist_create(3), genders_errnum(3), gen- ders_strerror(3) LLNL
August 2003 GENDERS_GETNODES(3)