Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How To Run A For Loop In A Remsh? Post 302506242 by LivinFree on Saturday 19th of March 2011 01:33:50 PM
Old 03-19-2011
I'm rather fond of pdsh, which includes pdcp for copying files to/from a large number of nodes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remsh and run script

Help! I'm would like to log in su - within a script an contuine to run the commands within the script. Every time I log in as su - I have to exit for the rest of the script to run! e.g. #!/bin/ksh su - oracle ps -ef |grep som <--- doesn't excute command until I log out su oracle.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bugggg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

The loop does not run as expected

Hi folks, I have the following configuration file: DB_LAYER=NO ADMIN_LAYER=NO RTESUB_LAYER=NO DB_HOST_NAME=tornado ADMIN_HOST_NAME=tornado RTESUB_HOST_NAME=tornado RESPONSE_FILE_SR=/tmp/SR.rsp INSTALL_SR_1=/home/Upgrade_4.7.1/Utilities/Install_SR:Y... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remsh newhost "for loop"

Hi, In ksh how can I execute something like this: remsh newhost "for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do echo file$i; cat file$i; done" I cannot pass the contrl J or enter in th above line which is required by the for loop. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alantang
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remsh inside of while loop

I have a space delimited file containing: hostname OracleSID connectstring I want to loop through the file and execute remsh to check the database processes. cat $filename | while read HOST SID CONNECT do { result=`remsh $HOST "ps -ef | grep pmon_${SID}$| grep -v grep"` if ........ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joettacm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Run AWK via Remsh?

Boy I hope someone can answer this question. I've been beating my head against the wall all day trying to come up with a solution. I have a carrot delimited file that looks like this: ANDERSON^678934^1974^BOB JONES^564564345^1954^ABRAHAM SMITH^47568465^1948^JON If I run this command: awk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Korn0474
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a better way I could have run this loop. (For loop with two variables)

Sorry for such a dreadful title, but I'm not sure how to be more descriptive. I'm hoping some of the more gurutastic out there can take a look at a solution I came up with to a problem, and advice if there are better ways to have gone about it. To make a long story short around 20K pieces of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run it in the loop??

I have this code awk -F, ' { C5+=$5 C6+=$6 C7+=$7 C8+=$8 R=$5+$6+$7+$8 T+=R } { print $0,R } END { print... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the for loop in parallel

I have the below code which runs on multiple databases , but this runs one-after-one. I will need this to run in parallel so that i could save a lot of time. Please help!!! Thanks in advance for Db in `cat /var/opt/oracle/oratab |egrep -v "ASM" |grep -v \# |cut -d\: -f1` do { export... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to run a basic for loop

OS : RHEL 6.1 Shell : Bash I had a similair post on this a few weeks back. But I didn't explain my requirements clearly then. Hence starting a new thread now. I have lots of files in /tmp/stage directory as show below. I want to loop through each files to run a command on each file. I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
8 Replies
IO::Async::Loop::Poll(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				IO::Async::Loop::Poll(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Loop::Poll" - use "IO::Async" with "poll(2)" SYNOPSIS
Normally an instance of this class would not be directly constructed by a program. It may however, be useful for runinng IO::Async with an existing program already using an "IO::Poll" object. use IO::Poll; use IO::Async::Loop::Poll; my $poll = IO::Poll->new; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop::Poll->new( poll => $poll ); $loop->add( ... ); while(1) { my $timeout = ... my $ret = $poll->poll( $timeout ); $loop->post_poll; } DESCRIPTION
This subclass of "IO::Async::Loop" uses an "IO::Poll" object to perform read-ready and write-ready tests. To integrate with existing code that uses an "IO::Poll", a "post_poll" can be called immediately after the "poll" method on the contained "IO::Poll" object. The appropriate mask bits are maintained on the "IO::Poll" object when notifiers are added or removed from the set, or when they change their "want_writeready" status. The "post_poll" method inspects the result bits and invokes the "on_read_ready" or "on_write_ready" methods on the notifiers. CONSTRUCTOR
$loop = IO::Async::Loop::Poll->new( %args ) This function returns a new instance of a "IO::Async::Loop::Poll" object. It takes the following named arguments: "poll" The "IO::Poll" object to use for notification. Optional; if a value is not given, a new "IO::Poll" object will be constructed. METHODS
$count = $loop->post_poll( $poll ) This method checks the returned event list from a "IO::Poll::poll" call, and calls any of the notification methods or callbacks that are appropriate. It returns the total number of callbacks that were invoked; that is, the total number of "on_read_ready" and "on_write_ready" callbacks for "watch_io", and "watch_time" event callbacks. $poll Reference to the "IO::Poll" object $count = $loop->loop_once( $timeout ) This method calls the "poll" method on the stored "IO::Poll" object, passing in the value of $timeout, and then runs the "post_poll" method on itself. It returns the total number of callbacks invoked by the "post_poll" method, or "undef" if the underlying "poll" method returned an error. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Loop::Poll(3pm)