Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting DB Access Command Line Utility Post 302506231 by Prashant.T on Saturday 19th of March 2011 10:35:59 AM
Old 03-19-2011
If i undersatand your question correctly, you want to execute a sql script,sql query or a procedure in unix from command line. Right?

That is done easily.
Is there something more to your question?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compound command with 'find' utility?

I'm trying to write a script using the 'find' command and it's -exec option to run a compound command against the files found. Example: find . -name "*.conf" -exec cat {} | grep "#" > /tmp/comments.list \; Of course the above doesn't work. So I experimented for a bit to see if there was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
6 Replies

2. Programming

command line socket read utility

HI I have a messaging s/w daemon(TIBCO rvrd) provided by vendor which will accept connections from various clients and routes messages to the destinations. In order to route it internally uses two ports(one tcp adn one udp). I want to know on which port(tcp/udp) it is transmitting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
3 Replies

3. Programming

top command line utility

I'm writing a monitoring application. I'd like to periodically get the information provided by the 'top' command line utility from within my code and write the output of 'top' to a file. Wondering if anyone has already done something like this. Doing system("top > someFile"); does not create... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: antoniomorandi
6 Replies

4. Linux

The dot command-line utility?

Hi, What else is the dot used beside relative filepaths in bash? Is it a shell utility as well? No man entry for dot (.)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varelg
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP command-line utility usage

Hi, Using command-line utility "ftp or sftp", I want to transfer files across Windows and UNIX. Can you please tell me from where I need to connect to ftp and how do I specify the hostname, credentials and how do I get and put files between DOS and UNIX? Please provide me as much... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
10 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to invent new command utility

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Develop a utility that will enhance the current file management and organization functions of Linux. You... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephanielana1
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

About menu using dd command utility

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Please help about these script... i dont have a problem in option 1. But when it comes to options 2 and options 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amneytia1
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Problem in access the internet through command line

Hi Folks, I have installed Centos-6.4 in my VMware. I have enabled the proxy settings in the network and I am able to access the internet through GUI, but unable to browse via the command line. I did the below options as: 1) Added the proxy setting in /etc/environment file.export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in running a command line utility in CRON

Hi Everyone! I am facing an issue in running a command line utility from the CRON. This utility displays IPC statistics on UNIX message queues: The "queue name" and the "count" of messages in the queue. When running this utility from prompt, it will provide an output on the screen, like the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vai_sh
4 Replies
cvm-mysql(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      cvm-mysql(8)

NAME
cvm-mysql - MySQL module SYNOPSIS
cvm-mysql CREDENTIALS
Pass phrase DESCRIPTION
This module queries a MySQL database for the account name, compares the stored pass phrase with the given one using crypt(3). CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
CVM_MYSQL_DEFAULT_FILE The full path of the defaults file to read if the following variable is set. If not set, the file $HOME/.my.cnf will be read (the MySQL default). CVM_MYSQL_DEFAULT_GROUP If set, the module will read connection default options from the named group in the defaults file as above CVM_MYSQL_HOST The hostname or IP of the MySQL server. If not set, a connection to the local host is assumed. CVM_MYSQL_USER The MySQL login ID to connect as. If not set, the invoking user is assumed. CVM_MYSQL_PASS The password for the above user. CVM_MYSQL_DB The database name, must be set. CVM_MYSQL_PORT The port number for the TCP/IP connection (only used if the server is not local). CVM_MYSQL_POSTQ (optional) The SQL query to execute after the credentials have been validated, see cvm-sql(7). CVM_MYSQL_PWCMP (optional) The password comparison module to use. CVM_MYSQL_SOCKET The path to the socket that should be used for connections to a local server. CVM_MYSQL_QUERY (optional) The SQL query to issue to retrieve the row containing the account information from the database, see cvm-sql(7). SEE ALSO
cvm-sql(7), cvm-pgsql(8), cvm-pwfile(8), cvm-qmail(8), cvm-unix(8), cvm-vmailmgr(8), cvm-benchclient(8), cvm-checkpassword(8), cvm-test- client(8) http://untroubled.org/pwcmp/pwcmp.html http://untroubled.org/cvm/cvm.html cvm-mysql(8)