Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Volume Manger - Database Replicas Question - Benefits of Increasing Default Size? Post 302506136 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 18th of March 2011 03:42:10 PM
Old 03-18-2011
the size depends on the number of metadevices and metasets you are going to use... for only 4 devices just stick with the defaults but maybe with 3 metadb replicas (this is what we use). for some "tips and tricks" read here:
Guide to mirroring root / boot disks with solaris volume manager (disksuite) on solaris 10

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increasing a directory size

Hello all Can someone tell me I am running a script and the outputs directory is too small to contain the newly created file as a result of this script. How can I increase the directory size? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonest
9 Replies

2. AIX

Increasing the FileSystem Size

Hi Everybody, I have AIX 4.3 and I have a FileSystem with 400GB size, which called /db/run. Because of grow up of the application's data, more storage has been added 200GB. To add this space without affecting the application & the application's requirements, I have to add this 200GB to the existed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Launch File Manger on Solaris

Hi, I know that I can launch File Manger or Text Editor from the icons on the KDE manger. How can I launch those via command prompt? Because I would like to launch from an X-Session. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yankee428
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How to reduce the size of a logical volume in solaris 9

Hi, I have the following problem. I just have a new machine with mirroring. The logical volume for /opt is dimensionned to 75 GB which is to much. I want a volume of 10 GB. How can I reduce the size ? I tried to reduce the size of the slice from 75 GB to 10 GB, but the size of the logical volume... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
6 Replies

5. Solaris

insufficient metadevice database replicas ERROR

First I would like to thank this forum for assisting me in setting up my 1st sunbox. Could not have done it if it had not been for you guys and google :D I have mirrored my box and have SUCCESSFULLY tested booting from the rootdisk and rootmirror successfully. I am now looking at configuring... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

increasing ufs file system size in solaris

How do i increase the filesystem size on a root partition? There is a slice with root on it, its like 2 gigs and nothing else is broken out except home. I want to increase root filesystem (and slice) and break out /usr and /var. This is solaris 9, only has solaris volume manager on it. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

7. HP-UX

Help on increasing fs size

Hi Experts, I am not sure whether my question should be in this thread or some other one. I am using HP Tru64 system. Currently one of my filesystem /others is almost full. I need to know the exact commands to increase this filesystem. Please show me how to check for free partitions and add... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingsto88
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

Increasing swap size

We increased our server's RAM 8 -> 32 GB RAM. swap memory is currently 10 GB. With which command I can increase this memory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akyuceisik
1 Replies

9. AIX

Increasing size of a filesytem

hi Im using AIX4.3. Through smit I tried to increase the size of a directory. I changed 10,000 blocks more but finally i got 524288 blocks more. That is before change : 12582912 blocks I have tried for change: 12592912 blocks then i execute smit. But finally I got: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanbangladesh
3 Replies

10. Solaris

metadevices: how to test metadb (how to corrupt replicas/understanding replicas)

Hi all, I recently started exploring Solaris 10. I am testing metadevices now. I have been reading about the state databases here: 6.State Database (Overview) (Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide) - Sun Microsystems So I created 3 metadbs on 2 slices (6 in total; c1t1d0s3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadeyes
3 Replies
ibcm(7D)							      Devices								  ibcm(7D)

NAME
ibcm - Solaris InfiniBand Communication Manager DESCRIPTION
The Solaris InfiniBand Communication Manager (IBCM) is a Solaris kernel misc module that adheres to the InfiniBand Architecture Specifica- tion, Volume 1: Release 1.1 for InfiniBand Communication Management Class. IBCM provides a transport layer abstraction to IB clients to set up reliable connected channels along with service, multicast, and path lookup-related functionality. IBCM implements the CM protocol as per the InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 and utilizes the InfiniBand Management Framework module for all IB management-related functionality and the InfiniBand Transport Layer (see ibtl(7D)) for all IB Verbs-related functionality. FILES
/kernel/misc/ibcm 32-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/misc/amd64/ibcm 64-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/misc/sparcv9/ibcm 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | Consolidation Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhea | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ibtl(7D) InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 SunOS 5.10 2 Apr 2004 ibcm(7D)