Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How To Run A For Loop In A Remsh? Post 302506133 by Perderabo on Friday 18th of March 2011 03:31:52 PM
Old 03-18-2011
Don't put a semi-colon after a "do".
Code:
$ for i in a b c ; do echo $i ; done
a
b
c
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remsh and run script

Help! I'm would like to log in su - within a script an contuine to run the commands within the script. Every time I log in as su - I have to exit for the rest of the script to run! e.g. #!/bin/ksh su - oracle ps -ef |grep som <--- doesn't excute command until I log out su oracle.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bugggg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

The loop does not run as expected

Hi folks, I have the following configuration file: DB_LAYER=NO ADMIN_LAYER=NO RTESUB_LAYER=NO DB_HOST_NAME=tornado ADMIN_HOST_NAME=tornado RTESUB_HOST_NAME=tornado RESPONSE_FILE_SR=/tmp/SR.rsp INSTALL_SR_1=/home/Upgrade_4.7.1/Utilities/Install_SR:Y... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remsh newhost "for loop"

Hi, In ksh how can I execute something like this: remsh newhost "for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do echo file$i; cat file$i; done" I cannot pass the contrl J or enter in th above line which is required by the for loop. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alantang
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remsh inside of while loop

I have a space delimited file containing: hostname OracleSID connectstring I want to loop through the file and execute remsh to check the database processes. cat $filename | while read HOST SID CONNECT do { result=`remsh $HOST "ps -ef | grep pmon_${SID}$| grep -v grep"` if ........ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joettacm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Run AWK via Remsh?

Boy I hope someone can answer this question. I've been beating my head against the wall all day trying to come up with a solution. I have a carrot delimited file that looks like this: ANDERSON^678934^1974^BOB JONES^564564345^1954^ABRAHAM SMITH^47568465^1948^JON If I run this command: awk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Korn0474
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a better way I could have run this loop. (For loop with two variables)

Sorry for such a dreadful title, but I'm not sure how to be more descriptive. I'm hoping some of the more gurutastic out there can take a look at a solution I came up with to a problem, and advice if there are better ways to have gone about it. To make a long story short around 20K pieces of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run it in the loop??

I have this code awk -F, ' { C5+=$5 C6+=$6 C7+=$7 C8+=$8 R=$5+$6+$7+$8 T+=R } { print $0,R } END { print... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the for loop in parallel

I have the below code which runs on multiple databases , but this runs one-after-one. I will need this to run in parallel so that i could save a lot of time. Please help!!! Thanks in advance for Db in `cat /var/opt/oracle/oratab |egrep -v "ASM" |grep -v \# |cut -d\: -f1` do { export... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to run a basic for loop

OS : RHEL 6.1 Shell : Bash I had a similair post on this a few weeks back. But I didn't explain my requirements clearly then. Hence starting a new thread now. I have lots of files in /tmp/stage directory as show below. I want to loop through each files to run a command on each file. I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
8 Replies
IO::Async::PID(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       IO::Async::PID(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::PID" - event callback on exit of a child process SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::PID; use POSIX qw( WEXITSTATUS ); use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my $kid = $loop->fork( code => sub { print "Child sleeping.. "; sleep 10; print "Child exiting "; return 20; }, ); print "Child process $kid started "; my $pid = IO::Async::PID->new( pid => $kid, on_exit => sub { my ( $self, $exitcode ) = @_; printf "Child process %d exited with status %d ", $self->pid, WEXITSTATUS($exitcode); }, ); $loop->add( $pid ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Notifier invokes its callback when a process exits. For most use cases, a IO::Async::Process object provides more control of setting up the process, connecting filehandles to it, sending data to and receiving data from it. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_exit $exitcode Invoked when the watched process exits. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": pid => INT The process ID to watch. Must be given before the object has been added to the containing "IO::Async::Loop" object. on_exit => CODE CODE reference for the "on_exit" event. Once the "on_exit" continuation has been invoked, the "IO::Async::PID" object is removed from the containing "IO::Async::Loop" object. METHODS
$process_id = $pid->pid Returns the underlying process ID $pid->kill( $signal ) Sends a signal to the process AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::PID(3pm)