Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Connect to Oracle in Windows XP from Linux HOST Post 302506028 by pravin27 on Friday 18th of March 2011 09:59:16 AM
Old 03-18-2011
Try like this,
Code:
#!/bin/sh

res=`sqlplus $user_name/$password@SID <<ENDOFSQL
     set feed off
     set head off
     set pages 0
     set verify off
     select sysdate from dual;
     exit
ENDOFSQL`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I connect windows xp to Linux Red hat unix

I just bought a new pc and my unix software is installed on my old computer. I want to take the hard disk outta my old pc and then install it on my new pc so my new pc has 2 hard drives. now, after my pc new has 2 hard drives, one being unix the other being windows xp, i want to be able to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
7 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to connect SFTP(Linux) from Windows DOS

I need to write a batch script for file transfer from SFTP to Windows system. SFTP is on Linux system. I kept this code in batch file and executing it.. but not working.. Even i tried from Command prompt like this "open sftp.host.com" but getting error. Can anyone help with the code and tell me how... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohantmk
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit .profile to connect to Oracle- Linux 2.6.9-89

Hi, I want to connect to sqlplus through unix. I got the command to do it. But I was getting error: ./executeSQL.ksh: sqlplus: not found Then when I googled I found that we have to include Oracle Client path in .profile file. I don't know how to do it. Also I don't have permissions to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add Linux host to Windows domain

Hi, I want to know the commands for adding a linux host to windows active directory domain. Request you to please help. Thanks & Regards Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Unable to connect to oracle in red hat linux

Hi Gurus, I have installed the oracle xpress 10g edition in my red hat linux and saw the message that it has been installed successfully ,but after that I started the database by going through application->database->start database and after that i open the sql prumt but when i tried to connect... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
18 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Trying to connect to Oracle on Windows server

Hi, I am a newbie to Linux and still trying to learn. Here is my situation. I have a windows server where I installed Oracle DB. On the same Windows server, I have a VM running linux. I can ping Windows server IP successfully from linux. I installed sqlplus on linux and trying to access... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rach0701
4 Replies

7. Linux

Help!! trying to connect to linux SSH from windows putty client

Hi, i am trying to connect my Putty session on a windows box to a linux SSH, i have generated private and public key pairs using puttygen, i have set the public one to be in an OPENSSH format... and have put this in my authorized_keys file in linux, when i connect i get the following errors: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jtyreman
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Steps to connect linux (Ubuntu) machine from windows 7

Hi, Can anyone give me the steps to connect ubuntu from windows7? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diehard
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to Windows from Linux using NetCat

Hi Need help to connect from Ubuntu to Windows using NetCat nc I can not get my script to send new-line Her is what I have tried(sleep 2 ; echo user ; sleep 1; echo pass; sleep 2; echo netstat) | nc -t 10.10.10.34 23 gives this outputÿý%ÿûÿûÿý'ÿýÿýÿûWelcome to Microsoft Telnet Service ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jotne
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Connect to Windows server from Linux

Hi, We are running Linux server and are required to connect to Windows server and fetch the files from windows server. How can i connect to Windows server from Linux? I have to do this with a automated shell script on Linux I appreciate your response. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachmexyz
4 Replies
PAM_WINBIND(7)															    PAM_WINBIND(7)

NAME
pam_winbind - PAM module for Winbind DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(7) suite. pam_winbind is a PAM module that can authenticate users against the local domain by talking to the Winbind daemon. OPTIONS
pam_winbind supports several options which can either be set in the PAM configuration files or in the pam_winbind configuration file situ- ated at /etc/security/pam_winbind.conf. Options from the PAM configuration file take precedence to those from the configuration file. debug Gives debugging output to syslog. debug_state Gives detailed PAM state debugging output to syslog. require_membership_of=[SID or NAME] If this option is set, pam_winbind will only succeed if the user is a member of the given SID or NAME. A SID can be either a group-SID, a alias-SID or even a user-SID. It is also possible to give a NAME instead of the SID. That name must have the form: MYDOMAINmygroup or MYDOMAINmyuser. pam_winbind will, in that case, lookup the SID internally. Note that NAME may not contain any spaces. It is thus recom- mended to only use SIDs. You can verify the list of SIDs a user is a member of with wbinfo --user-sids=SID. try_first_pass use_first_pass By default, pam_winbind tries to get the authentication token from a previous module. If no token is available it asks the user for the old password. With this option, pam_winbind aborts with an error if no authentication token from a previous module is available. use_authtok Set the new password to the one provided by the previously stacked password module. If this option is not set pam_winbind will ask the user for the new password. krb5_auth pam_winbind can authenticate using Kerberos when winbindd is talking to an Active Directory domain controller. Kerberos authentication must be enabled with this parameter. When Kerberos authentication can not succeed (e.g. due to clock skew), winbindd will fallback to samlogon authentication over MSRPC. When this parameter is used in conjunction with winbind refresh tickets, winbind will keep your Ticket Granting Ticket (TGT) uptodate by refreshing it whenever necessary. krb5_ccache_type=[type] When pam_winbind is configured to try kerberos authentication by enabling the krb5_auth option, it can store the retrieved Ticket Grant- ing Ticket (TGT) in a credential cache. The type of credential cache can be set with this option. Currently the only supported value is: FILE. In that case a credential cache in the form of /tmp/krb5cc_UID will be created, where UID is replaced with the numeric user id. Leave empty to just do kerberos authentication without having a ticket cache after the logon has succeeded. cached_login Winbind allows to logon using cached credentials when winbind offline logon is enabled. To use this feature from the PAM module this option must be set. silent Do not emit any messages. SEE ALSO
wbinfo(1), winbindd(8), smb.conf(5) VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3.0 of Samba. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij and Guenther Deschner. PAM_WINBIND(7)